Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Stoneleigh question

Hi ladies....has anyone ever been to a reception at the Stoneleigh?  If so, I'm wondering if you recall whether the space used was just the Penthouse or the Penthouse and the Grand Salon?  I just got a quote from them and am wondering whether there is enough space in the Penthouse for a 100 person brunch, or if I'd have to get the Grand Salon as well.

Thanks in advance!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Stoneleigh question

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2012
    My boss' wedding was at the Stoneleigh and he used the penthouse.  He had the entire floor which did include a small ballroom where we had the sitdown dinner and dancing (as well as the ceremony).  His wedding was right around 75 people I think.  The rest of the floor was a series of different rooms which he used for the cocktail hour.  None of those would be big enough for 100 people that I can remember.  We just mingled and went from room to room where there were different food stations set up.

I am not sure if the small ballroom on the penthouse floor is the Grand Salon or not, but that is what he used.

P.S.  I still think you should get married at the Omni.  :)
  • Thank you! Turns out that many hotels are quoting the same minimum, even down/uptown. If the cost is the same, I kind of want to be in Dallas proper, kwim?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sure. And the Stoneleigh is beautiful. I considered it myself.
  • I've also been to a wedding there where they had their ceremony in the Grand Salon on the 11th floor and used the rest if the space/floor for cocktail hour and reception. They had just under 100 ppl attend. That said, they had food stations and there was not formal seating of any type. It was beautiful!
  • edited May 2012
    I am getting married at the Stoneleigh this December. We will have between 100-125 guests and are having it all in the Terrace Ballroom downstairs (with the black chandeliers) with cocktail hour in the lobby. I think for your brunch guests you could do the the terrace ballroom, grand salon or rent their downstairs restaurant Bolla out for the brunch. The penthouse is beautiful but like steph said it is very separated. The grand salon is the yellow room upstairs down the hall from the penthouse.

Grand Salon

Penthouse Hall & Rooms

Terrace Ballroom

Bolla

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This might also help:

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks, ladies!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards