Snarky Brides
Options

S/O Chipotle

We still don't have one, but there is a Qdoba opening in a few weeks. Should I be excited or sad that it is not the magical chipotle I have heard so much about?

Re: S/O Chipotle

• Options
    Qdoba>>>>>Chipotle.Especially if you love delicious, melty, cheese.

The nerve!
    House | Blog
  • Options
    I prefer Chipotle b/c I love corn salsa a lot.  Qdoba has a cheese sauce that many people love though.
  • Options
    they're reasonably comparable. don't be butthurt or overjoyed. maintain.well, if you eat too much you might end up butthurt.
  • Options
    I prefer Qdoba, I like their guac better than chipotle.
  • Options
    I love Qdoba, but Chipotle is like a mini Starbucks here- located on every corner.  Qdoba has more options than Chipotle.  The cheese sauce is good, but the mango salsa in the summer is the yummiest.
  • Options
    Personally, I prefer Qdoba. Mmmmm cheeeeeese. I love their nachos.

Husbands should be like Kleenex: Soft, strong, and disposable.
  • Options
    Get the pork nachos.  They are totally delicious. Now I need Chipotle for dinner.

The nerve!
    House | Blog
  • Options
    They are both delicious.  The cheese sauce that Qdoba has is amazing.  But the steak at Chipotle makes the angels sing (I also prefer their rice).  If the two were to pair up, I imagine it would cause world peace. 
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • Options
    Now I am irrationally excited for them to open. I foresee many a visit in my future.
  • Options
    I prefer Qdoba, but they are both most excellent.  My Qdoba has corn salsa, though.
    3 out of 4 dead babies agree! pepsi is better than coke! - EdithBouvierBeale
    Lordy. Grow some balls and stop lurking. It's like stealing from the internet. Jesuschrist. -- AudreyHorne
    I hate love and marriage. I got married so I could destroy these things from the inside. - NoisyPenguin
    It's a good thing my circle of trust is as giant as my vagina. That only leaves a couple people out. - Cali
  • Options
    Plus, Qdoba has a club card.  While I do not like the fact that there is a database out there that tracks my Qdoba consumption (as evidenced by the fact that I received an email while I was on maternity leave giving me a coupon because I "hadn't been around for awhile"), I do like the fact that after a couple of visits, I get a free burrito.  They also send me coupons for chips and guac on my birthday.Give me free stuff, and I am a fan.
  • Options
    they are both super delicious and comparable but the one big different is qdoba has nachos and queso, chipotle does not. i am a huge nachos person so i think i like qdoba better than chipotle (which is total blasphemy to FI since he's a big chipotle person). i used to live near both, but we moved and now there aren't any qdobas nearby. :(   and moe's and taco bell nachos just don't do it for me now that i've had qdoba :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    i used to eat at qdoba aaaaall the time.  so freaking good.  i've never been to chipotle, despite it being readily available in my area.   from what i hear, they're pretty much the same thing.i say be excited about qdoba.  real excited. 
  • Options
    Chipotle also uses humanely (relatively at least and far better than most places) raised meat. I like that.
  • Options
    The mango salsa in the summer is so great at Qdoba.  I will always love Chipotle more, but Qdoba is great in its own right.  I do love that they have more choices and sauces.  Not sure about where you are, but here they offer buy 1 get 1 free on Wednesdays a Q. 
  • Options
    More choices at Qdoba and queso. But the last time I ate there the chicken was kind of gooby.
    DSC_0768
    Claire Elizabeth 12/31/2011
    Married Bio
  • Options
    Chipotle also uses humanely (relatively at least and far better than most places) raised meat. I like that. Really?  Are they still owned by McDonald's?  That surprises me.I've only had Chipotle once in NYC, so it's possible I just ordered the wrong thing.  I thought they had nachos, too, though.

The nerve!
    House | Blog
  • Options
    the lack of nachos and queso are making me less excited about the soon to open Chipotle near my work.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    If I heard correctly, McDs bought into Chipotle when they were first starting out.  Since they have been so successful, they bought out McDs shares. I could also be wrong, but I think both Chipotle AND Qdoba started in Denver.  Two beautiful entities being born in such a lovely place.  Yet another reason why Denver is the s*it.
  • Options
    Ooo I was wrong. They open on Monday. MONDAY!!!
  • Options
    If I heard correctly, McDs bought into Chipotle when they were first starting out. Since they have been so successful, they bought out McDs shares.yes.  i actually read something recently suggesting that chipotle is quite adament about the fact that they have nothing to do with mcdonalds.   same exact thing happened with donatos.  
  • Options
    Here's what you do on Monday.1. Go to Qdoba2. Order nachos with steak and black beans3. Eat them4. Send me a thank you noteomgwantqdobanow.

• Options
    That's awesome.  Now if we ever get one I'll have to make an effort to eat there, even if they don't have delicious queso.  Do they have nachos, though?

The nerve!
    House | Blog
  • Options
    Chipotle is so good, but dang are they overpriced!  I like to get tacos there, but they raised their prices and it comes out to be like $2+ for each (small!) taco so I'm kinda boycotting them right now.  Their guac is real good though.Qdoba has the best nachos ever.  I get the shredded beef 3 cheese nachos, with the chips on the side (otherwise they get super soggy).  YUM.
  • Options
    While we're on the topic of food, we're about to get a Five Guys.  Should I be excited about that?  Never had it before, obviously.
  • Options
    You pay for quality meat, man.  Cheap meat is a big problem in this country.
  • Options
    We just had two Five Guys open here. I haven't been yet but people are going bananas for it.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • Options
    I would take the cheapest meat the US has to offer over eating beef in Mexico, at least all of the beef I encountered in Playa.Turtle, tell me more about this chips on the side thing. I haaaaate when the chips get soggy. Ruins the experience for me. So what do they do, just put all the fixins in a bowl and then give you a bag of chips? This is genius! And also not helping my insane need to run over there right now, sick or no sick!

• Options
    That's exactly what they do, moo.  They actually always ask me when I order it if I want them on the side or not.  Their chips are really thin and weak, so it takes no time at all for them to become mush.  You pretty much need a fork to pile the fixins on the chips though, otherwise they break (at least with the shredded beef nachos).  Only downside.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards