Snarky Brides
Options

Good Morning!

Re: Good Morning!

• Options
    SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    Morning!

I hope everyone starts feeling better soon!

I'm off today, but that means I have to work all weekend. Boo! But after the sale yesterday, I'm glad I can just sit on the couch all day. My feet still hurt from yesterday.
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Morning everyone!

I have a nice long to-do list today. I hope I actually try to get through it. I'm going to spend much of this morning listening to "old" music while I do stuff like Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory lol.
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-269?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:13d3cbdb-0ac3-4eb3-bdc2-2bddc9bfaca5Post:4ff8d793-2f44-4aca-ac21-5a1bfeeb5fde">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've been reading a little about the gymnastics this morning, and wish I would have stayed up to see the qualifying part and what not. The gymnastics is really the only thing I really enjoy watching.
    Posted by jennamarie10[/QUOTE]
    I love the gymnastics, too, but H watches everything. It's been an Olympic circus in our house this weekend.

I'm just glad Grimm comes back on after the Olympics and I don't have to wait until fall unlike other hateful shows *coughTWDcough*
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Celtic, it does seem that Nebb and I might be seeing the same docs, lol.  It's funny because I want to get into healthcare but at the same time, knowing how I feel about doctors I don't know if I'd want to be on the other side of the fence.  

Jenna, as someone who used to do gymnastics and stopped before doing really crazy stuff I get terrified at watching them on the beam.  That was my worst event.  The most I ever did were handsprings but even those I usually ended up doing them off of the beam because I was all "hey, I don't feel like breaking my neck today."  
  • Options
    Nates, I'm trying tto stave off panic attacks about summer ending. I'm so nervous to teach in class for the first time.

I was feeling crappy earlier but I think it's starting to pass. I think I must eat wrong or sleep too much on weekends because every Monday I feel sick to my stomach and really nauseous. It usually hits in the early morning and lasts a few hours. Thankfully I'm feeling more normal now.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-269?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:13d3cbdb-0ac3-4eb3-bdc2-2bddc9bfaca5Post:d4ee9c08-2be3-4187-89a2-e5e5e528166e">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning! : I love the gymnastics, too, but H watches everything. It's been an Olympic circus in our house this weekend.<strong> I'm just glad Grimm comes back on after the Olympics and I don't have to wait until fall unlike other hateful shows *coughTWDcough*</strong>
    Posted by ZombieNates[/QUOTE]

<div>Seriously!  I was shocked and super excited to see that Grimm was coming back so soon.  I hate that TWD doesn't start until October!  It ends super early and starts super late.  boo.</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Sesh- I swear it's just knowing the weekend is over. I always feel rough on Monday mornings.

I can't believe how fast this year went past... tomorrow H and I hit 2 years. Our wedding was at the END of the summer pretty much. How is it almost August. I don't want winter to come :(

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Options
    Same here Nates. We don't normally follow sports very much (with the exception of NFL, and NHL during the Stanley Cup), but when it comes to the Olympics, we're fanatics. We've been switching between the, what, 3 or 4 channels that the Olympics air on, just to see the drama unfold. My favorites are gymnastics, swimming, fencing and track. H really likes soccer, even though he doesn't understand it, and beach volleyball cuz he's a perv.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    Sesh, you'll be great. If you need anything, let me know.

Shay--I know, right? Granted, TWD is always worth the wait, both in how it's filmed (god, I love the cinematography of that show) and storyline. Well, and hot Daryl. But still.
  • Options
    Sesh - I get that way on Sunday nights.  I have to consciously tell myself that it's just Monday, but I get so wound up I don't sleep well.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-269?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:13d3cbdb-0ac3-4eb3-bdc2-2bddc9bfaca5Post:bfe28ef5-10e0-4d5c-8e89-fd5df7fe9a07">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Same here Nates. We don't normally follow sports very much (with the exception of NFL, and NHL during the Stanley Cup), but when it comes to the Olympics, we're fanatics. We've been switching between the, what, 3 or 4 channels that the Olympics air on, just to see the drama unfold. My favorites are gymnastics, swimming, fencing and track. H really likes soccer, even though he doesn't understand it, and<strong> beach volleyball cuz he's a perv.</strong>
    Posted by mehgank[/QUOTE]

Lots of guys (my H included) are all pissed off it's so cold there that the girls are covering up.
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-269?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:13d3cbdb-0ac3-4eb3-bdc2-2bddc9bfaca5Post:bfe28ef5-10e0-4d5c-8e89-fd5df7fe9a07">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Same here Nates. We don't normally follow sports very much (with the exception of NFL, and NHL during the Stanley Cup), but when it comes to the Olympics, we're fanatics. We've been switching between the, what, 3 or 4 channels that the Olympics air on, just to see the drama unfold. My favorites are gymnastics, swimming, fencing and track. H really likes soccer, even though he doesn't understand it, and beach volleyball<strong> cuz he's a perv.</strong>
    Posted by mehgank[/QUOTE]
    Hehehe :)

My H is a freaking sports fanatic. He will watch any sport, at any time. As soon as I breathe a sigh of relief that one season is over, there's a new one starting up. He's lucky I love him.
  • Options
    Watching volleyball makes me want to work out. I want their butts. I made H watch women's gymnastics last night and he got really into it, all "whoa, that was cool" with each tumble. See, I knew he'd like it.

Thanks, nates. I'll let you know if I fall flat on my face or something. I think I'm prepared, I'm just nervous. But I mean, I get to talk about writing for 3 hours with people who have to listen to me. Sounds like a sweet deal to me.
  • Options
    Morning guys.

Nates.  You shredding yet?  ;)

Guys I am still fucking pissed as hell about my friend's shower that was on Saturday.  For real.  I was so annoyed and so angry for most of it I can't believe I lived through it without giving myself a damn heart attack.

It started out with me running a little late and I noticed one of my tires needed air, so before going to pick up the flowers (UGH THOSE FUCKING FLOWERS) I stopped at a convenience store to pump it up.  I noticed that the rubber from the tire is sort of starting to pull away from the rim a little bit and it freaked me the hell out.  The shower is an hour and a half drive away, is my fucking tire going to explode on the interstate?  I just decided I'd take it easy on the way there.  I had been planning on getting new tires at my next oil change anyway - but shiiit, after getting my damn big gift for the shower (which I ended up not even needing for the shower because MOHzilla decided the bridesmaids were doing a group gift), buying all this other shiiit for the shower, etc, I am so damn broke.

My broke ass rolled up to the grocery store to pick up the flowers.  I was kind of dreading this considering the difficulty I'd had conveying what we needed to this flower lady.  She wasn't there but some younger chick was.  She brought out a vase with a white flower arrangement.  I had ordered the most inexpensive loose white flowers you have please and this girl brings out this vase with gerbera daisies, some tall white things I don't know what they were, sprigs of fern something and such and babies breath.  Whatthefuckingfuck?  "Is this okay?"  I was like "I told you I don't want arrangements, I want the loose flowers!!" And she assured me that the loose flowers were in the back but this was just what the arrangements would look like.  Fine.  Whatever.

She brings out all these damn flowers, it took forfuckingever for her to wrap them up for me and when she rang it up?  A hundred fucking bucks.  What is wrong with these people.  Cheap field daisies =/= GERBERA FUCKING DAISIES and what the hell, a hundred bucks for FUCKING MASON JAR FLOWERS FOR A DAMN SHOWER.  I was so pissed but I just paid it anyway.  I was running late and had to get out of there, I had to drive slower so as not to kill myself on my soon-to-explode tire and this chick was taking her sweet ass time.  SHITE.

Get to the shower finally, alive.  I just became annoyed.  All the decorations are turquoise and black, just like MOHzilla's damn wedding.  I love her, we are friends but I was really, really annoyed with her at this point.  I brought in the flowers, the fruit I'd bought, the muffins I baked, I helped set up the damn flower arrangements, decorated the tables, help to prepare the fruit and mixed up a quick fruit dip.  MOHzilla was genuinely mortified about the flowers.  "Why don't we call them?"  And what?  Try and get our money back?  I took the damn flowers.  They didn't understand a single fucking thing I said to them all week about getting cheap flowers, they obviously couldn't give us money back even if it were possible.  They'd probably just give store credit or something and God knows I am never fucking going back there.

Anyway.  The group gift that the bridesmaids went in on - MOHzilla described it to me that we'd all buy kitchen stuff and put it into a basket and the bride was going to guess which bridesmaid bought which gift.  Fun!  I bought the bride two muffin pans.  I figured it might be an easy guess, since I like to bake.  Well when it was time for this game, MOHzilla busts out a blind fold.  No.  Bride is not going to guess who bought what, she has to guess what the items are while blind folded.  So really, lol I got no credit for getting her a gift, and since "all the bridesmaids are doing this game gift to save money" I didn't bring anything else other than a card.  I was so annoyed because I figured MOHzilla was doing the same thing.  Nope.  She got the bride another nice gift and the bride cried and they hugged and blah blah while I took down the names and stuff.  I said to MOHzilla "I didn't bring a gift because I thought we were just doing the group thing?"  "Oh, well I got this months ago."  OMG.  SHUTTHEFUCKUP.

I hated the stupid shower games.  They did the clothespin one, where if you say certain words like wedding, bride, love etc and someone catches you they get to take your clothespin.  When we were doing introductions I told everyone who I was and mentioned how I was one of bride's bridesmaids, and that bride was a bridesmaid in my WEDDING a couple years ago - and then MOHzilla loudly interrupted me "OH YOU SAID WEDDING" and snatched a clothespin off my shirt.  Good Christ woman, this is the rudest game I've ever "played" and I was just so sick of everything at that point.

When the shower was over MOHzilla told me she'd send me a check to cover the flowers and I had mentioned that I had spent quite a bit of money on bride's wedding gift.  So MOHzilla was like "Oh well I can give you money for that too?  That way we can save money (THIS WOMAN IS ALL ABOUT SAVING MONEY WTF) and just give her the gift together."  For real.  I got the bride such a nice gift, I don't want to share credit for this gift with MOHzilla, but I am so broke and so drowning in these damn finances that I really couldn't pass up the help on it, so I agreed.  I am pissed about it but yeah.  Anyway.

Then I drove home.  Miraculously.  On my shredding tire.

I drank a fat glass of wine that night and watched all five hours of the Hatfields and McCoys on my DVR.  I thought watching people kill each other would calm me down.

You're welcome for the wall-o-text errybody, HAPPY DAMN MONDAY.
    panther
  • Options
    And this is why we love you, AATB.  8-)
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    OMG AATB.  That sounds, ummm, wonderful?  This is making me look forward even MORE to my shower this weekend.  
  • Options
    You better enjoy your shower lbarr, lol.  Especially if you have an MOHzilla.
    panther
  • Options

OMG. Is your tire ok, though? On my way back from Madison this weekend I could hear something weird on my tire and it was freaking me the eff out. glad you get some time between now and the wedding to chill out away from the MOHzilla! (Unless the bach party is soon, too?)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think my tire is okay to just drive around in town, and I will need to get an oil change sometime in the next 2 to 3 weeks or something.  So it should be fine til then.
    panther
  • Options
    I always "hear" things going on with my car, but it is 13 years old.  FI was having "fun" and driving like a DB in it yesterday and flying off the exit saying "It's an Acura, it can handle it."  Yup it handled it, but it put my exhaust which was apparently rotted out over the edge.  Now I have a custom exhaust sound coming from my car drawing more attention to me and the hoopty.  Acura/Honda exhausts suck.  This is like the 3rd or 4th time it's rotted out.
  • Options
    I almost ugly cried due to not laughing at "I had ordered the most inexpensive flowers you have please." It reminded me of the big metal chicken story. That was an awesome shower (for us, not you :P).

Today is day one of shredding! I am excited. It is also probably the day I die, so I'm just rolling around, enjoying this shiiit until it's over.
  • Options
    AATB-  I would have been so pissed about the flowers.  I'm sorry you had a bad time, but good for you for keeping your cool.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Level 1 is fun, Nates!  "If you think you're gonna die, just follow Anita."  lol

ETA - in the big picture Brandi, my friend the bride had a wonderful time - so really, that's all that matters.  I am happy she had a lovely shower.  And her bach party is like three weeks away... joy
    panther
  • Options
    I remember I did one of Jillian's Shred or some video like that and at the end when we were stretching out she had the "advanced" girl (who was kick ass by the way) demonstrate how flexible she was.  It was painful looking yet I wanted to be like her, lol.

Nates you'll do great!  You'll have to let us know how it goes for you.
  • Options
    Thanks, guys. I'm telling everyone I know so that I have constant guilt if I don't keep up with it. I'm literally like, "Oh, that's great--you just graduated med school! I"M DOING THE 30DS!" "Oh, you just bought a car? Awesome! I WILL BE DOING 30DS WHILE YOU DRIVE AROUND IN IT!"
  • Options
    jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    AATB I think I would have punched MOHzilla over the extra gift BS.  At least she felt bad about the flower fiasco.  Holy hell.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-269?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:13d3cbdb-0ac3-4eb3-bdc2-2bddc9bfaca5Post:e29f2abb-2593-498e-9be8-7490e04b8b4c">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Level 1 is fun, Nates!  "If you think you're gonna die, just follow Anita."  lol <strong>ETA - in the big picture Brandi, my friend the bride had a wonderful time - so really, that's all that matters.  I am happy she had a lovely shower.  And her bach party is like three weeks away... joy
    </strong>Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

You are a <em>really</em> good friend.
  • Options
    jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-269?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:13d3cbdb-0ac3-4eb3-bdc2-2bddc9bfaca5Post:e29f2abb-2593-498e-9be8-7490e04b8b4c">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Level 1 is fun, Nates!  "If you think you're gonna die, just follow Anita."  lol ETA - in the big picture Brandi, my friend the bride had a wonderful time - so really, that's all that matters.  I am happy she had a lovely shower.  <strong>And her bach party is like three weeks away... joy</strong>
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

Oh boy.  Is MOHzilla in charge of that too?

• Options
    OMG AATB, I would so want to kill MOHzilla. I would never have the gall to tell someone that I'll just give them money if they want the gift to come from both of us. In retrospect, if I were you, I'd be all "How about you just give me money for all the time and effort I've put forth on this damn event, and I'll still say my gift is from me. Oh, and here's the list of who gave what at the shower. That'll help you do up the thank-you cards. GOOD DAY."
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-269?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:13d3cbdb-0ac3-4eb3-bdc2-2bddc9bfaca5Post:86116df6-58c4-4386-9cfb-d53574d780b7">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning! : Oh boy.  Is MOHzilla in charge of that too?
    Posted by jcg98[/QUOTE]

Omg.  What isn't this chick in charge of??
    panther
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards