Snarky Brides

Re: PSA- Moldy tampons from Kotex

• Options
    monkeysipmonkeysip member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited March 2012
    Wow... the letter from the Kotex company is great.

No big deal... it's just harmless mold.  You know, the same mold you find on food products... THAT WE THROW AWAY AND DON'T EAT.

"Here's a coupon.  Stop your complaining."

SaveSave
  • Options
    Hey, if you've gotta take the chance on shoving moldy cotton up your vag, you might as well get it at a discounted price, right?
  • Options
    playtntsbpg30playtntsbpg30 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited March 2012
    WOW! This is very disturbing. Glad I don't use Kotex. But just to know mold could get on tampons freaks me out now.
    Undecided
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    We understand how distressing it can be to find mold on a product that is used for personal hygiene and apologize for your concern.  

This one made me laugh.  Like they just find mold on their tampons on a regular basis.  "Yeah I found mold on my tampon the other day.  I just threw it away, but devistated that it was my last one.  Trust me girl, I know how you feel"
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Kotex always seemed like the grosses brand to me anyways. It just sounds gross. Kotex. I feel like I should be putting on one of those huge old school diaper looking pads if I use that brand.
  • Options
    Man, I love Kotex :
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    Surprised HOLYSHIT. That is just disgusting. And the fact that they just brushed over it and offered coupons? Idiots.
  • Options
    Again, this confirms why I'm glad I don't use Kotex.  Makes you wonder about the other brands though...
  • Options
    I'm still trying to understand how this happened.  Mold needs moisture to grow.  Was the damn thing packaged wet? 

Now I want clear applicators so I can inspect for mold before using a tampon.  I've never used Kotex - I've always used Playtex. 
  • Options
    Oh YUCK!!!! I will be inspecting for mold from now on! That is so nasty!
  • Options
    Ew. I Agree with Nebb Kotex does just sound nasty. I use ob so I usually can see all of it to "inspect" before I use it and I have never ONCE seen anything on a tampon let alone mold. *gags*
  • Options
    This explains all the issues I had the ONE time I bought Kotex... That is just sick.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    OMG!! That's what I use! I am so disgusted right now. :(:(
  • Options
    Eh, I use Kotex.  If there is black stuff on your tampon, throw it away.

I doubt this is a common thing for them
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_psa-moldy-tampons-from-kotex?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:13db6f95-5a30-4648-aa47-bb14d08bc5ddPost:437df760-736b-459d-95df-6ac514f6d63c">Re: PSA- Moldy tampons from Kotex</a>:
    [QUOTE]Eh, I use Kotex.  If there is black stuff on your tampon, throw it away. I doubt this is a common thing for them
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

<div>You're probably right, but for me, at least, its worth making sure before I put it inside of me. I'm well aware that Kotex can't possibly make sure that every single one of their tampons is perfect, but its something that I would have never thought to check for.</div><div> I, too, vote for clear applicators. </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards