Snarky Brides
Options

Small town fail, x2.

We have a NAPA Auto Parts store in our tiny downtown.  The storefront has two windows: one says "Hours:  M-F: 8-6:30, Sat: 8-6, Sun: Closed"  the other says "OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK!"

Right across the street is a little discount general store type place.  The sign currently reads "Greenhouse clearance.  Buy 1 Git 2 free."

Sigh.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.

Re: Small town fail, x2.

• Options

Do we live in the small town? Last night I saw a shirtless guy ride into a gas station on a bicycle with a gas can in one hand and a Natty Light in the other.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    LOVE x4 :)
  • Options
    Ha.  Sounds like you might have to go git u sum.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Haha.... love the 7 days a week one.

We used to mess with local business's signs in the small town I grew up in.  My friends and I re-arranged a local diner's sign letters from "Barbecued pork" to "barbecued ass."  Not the classiest move but they didn't notice for a couple days and we were in stitches, so we didn't give a rip.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_small-town-fail-x2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1681900f-4aff-437c-b069-0c47e26460e2Post:7ee1d398-1491-4418-9de3-52166e02e8f1">Re: Small town fail, x2.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do we live in the small town? Last night I saw a shirtless guy ride into a gas station on a bicycle with a gas can in one hand and a Natty Light in the other.
    Posted by MarriedInAFever[/QUOTE]

Oh, two nights ago he was drinking the Beast Ice so I'm impressed with his upgrade in just one day.

• Options

AATB, I used to do that in high school too. My fav was a gas station that said, "Angus burgers $1.99" It was just too easy to knock off that G.

• Options
    Hahahahahaha... anus burgers.  That's great.

I worked at a grill and bar all through college and I had a small town guy ask for a "Busch lite can."  Hey, I drink Busch light on occasions but damn, guy.  You won't find it here. 
    panther
  • Options
    J&K10910J&K10910 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2010
    Busch light is the best cheap college beer ever.  It's 90% of what I drank all through college.

• Options
    I drank a lot of Busch light in college.

Also a lot of Hamm's, Schlitz, Milwaukee's Best Light, PBR... damn.  Gross. 

It's been way too long since I've played beer pong.

I'm depressed.
    panther
  • Options
    Did they have a git stick?
  • Options
    You're all wrong. Keystone Light is the best, cheap college beer.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_small-town-fail-x2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1681900f-4aff-437c-b069-0c47e26460e2Post:64c9f286-c732-4050-852f-6e1cffeed0f7">Re: Small town fail, x2.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I drank a lot of Busch light in college. Also a lot of Hamm's, Schlitz, Milwaukee's Best Light, PBR... damn.  Gross.  <strong>It's been way too long since I've played beer pong.</strong> I'm depressed.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

Sadly, it has not been long enough for me.  It's ok, I'm actually 19 ;)

Rho!  They might have git sticks.  I should go ask them, and see what they say.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_small-town-fail-x2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1681900f-4aff-437c-b069-0c47e26460e2Post:e6a9e97a-5a96-44e4-9190-3a6317285144">Re: Small town fail, x2.</a>:
    [QUOTE]You're all wrong. Keystone Light is the best, cheap college beer.

NONONONONONONONOOOOOO.

• Options

YESYESYESYESYESYES.

I didn't say it was GOOD. I said it was the best, cheap, college beer. It's the same as Coors Light. And it's like, what--$14 a case?

• Options
    The only beer I can't stand is Bud Light.  Other than that... my only requirement for a beer is that it's liquid.

...So yeah.

J&K you're only 19?!  Well... congrats!  I'm 26 so I'm kinda crotchety.  You seem level headed and don't act like a fetus.  I wish you the best in your next few beer pong playing years :)
    panther
  • Options
    And I hate Coors Light too.

• Options
    you're all wrong--the best cheap college beer was Ice House. It had the highest ABV of all the cheap beers. We drank the hell out of that until we decided to 'graduate' to Miller lite bottles when we became 21 and all sophistamacated.
  • Options
    Coors Light is kinda watery and lame... but it doesn't taste like ass.  Just tastes kinda weak.

But yeah... I'll usually pass if there's something else.
    panther
  • Options

J&K, you're not really 19, are you? I don't believe you.

My friend calls Bud Light "queer beer" because apparently it's really popular in the gay community due to the Harvey Milk v. Coors Light scandal. I find it ironic.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_small-town-fail-x2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1681900f-4aff-437c-b069-0c47e26460e2Post:80e38e90-d58e-4c58-b0cd-08d50dca0a20">Re: Small town fail, x2.</a>:
    [QUOTE]J&K, you're not really 19, are you? I don't believe you. My friend calls Bud Light "queer beer" because apparently it's really popular in the gay community due to the Harvey Milk v. Coors Light scandal. I find it ironic.

That's HILARIOUS.

I played on a small town softball team for a couple summers and they ONLY drank Bud Light.  And if you didn't like the Bud Light, you sucked.  I brought a six pack of Molson once because I couldn't drink the crap anymore and actually got playfully chewed out for not drinking "real beer."

Yeah, if "real beer" is made from rice then I guess I suck at life.  Meh.
    panther
  • Options
    Ha, no I'm not 19.  I was just kidding.  I'm not old either though ;)  Any guesses? (FROM THOSE THAT DON'T 'KNOW' ME!)

• Options
    Oh you faker.  You had me convinced you were all young and sophisticated.

You're either 19 or 45.  No in-betweenies.
    panther
  • Options
    J&K is the most mature 19 year old I've ever met.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I bet you're 23 or 24, J&K.

And Rho, Ice House is top five for sure.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_small-town-fail-x2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1681900f-4aff-437c-b069-0c47e26460e2Post:31de86a7-8851-4982-bef0-3ef29c5a78fd">Re: Small town fail, x2.</a>:
    [QUOTE]J&K is the most mature 19 year old I've ever met.
    Posted by betrothed123[/QUOTE]

Are you friends with a lot of 19 year olds, betrothed?

• Options
    Bethrothed is actually 19. That's how she knows.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_small-town-fail-x2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1681900f-4aff-437c-b069-0c47e26460e2Post:15760caa-542f-42c0-9b88-15f6077aecd5">Re: Small town fail, x2.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Small town fail, x2. : Are you friends with a lot of 19 year olds, betrothed?
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]
    Never mind I rescind my previous statement.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    MIAF got me.  How did you know?!?!
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_small-town-fail-x2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1681900f-4aff-437c-b069-0c47e26460e2Post:0fbfe915-379f-4733-b0c4-a41ca3c9de25">Re: Small town fail, x2.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I bet you're 23 or 24, J&K. And Rho, Ice House is top five for sure.

You're actually right on both counts.  23 today, 24 tomorrow ;)

Ha, Betrothed!  Well played.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_small-town-fail-x2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1681900f-4aff-437c-b069-0c47e26460e2Post:23aca5cd-82cc-45dd-b6cb-178e7961ce6c">Re: Small town fail, x2.</a>:
    [QUOTE]MIAF got me.  How did you know?!?!
    Posted by betrothed123[/QUOTE]

I thought this said MILF.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards