Snarky Brides
Options

Does this idea suck?

There is a lottery going on here - its organized by the heart and stroke foundation and the lottery is a calendar - you have a chance to win X amount of money every day of the year, another amount every week of the year, and another amount everyt month of the year. If your number is drawn and you win, you still are eligable for every other draw throughout the year. The calendar is 25$.

Is this a shitty gift? It wouldnt be the ONLY gift I get my mom and my aunt, but it would be one of.

Re: Does this idea suck?

• Options
    I don't think it's a bad gift, if they enjoy the lottery. I know my MIL would think that's a cool gift, but dad would think it was weird. I personally think it sounds like fun.
  • Options
    I dont think it sucks.

I would love a gift like that.  It helps a charity and I could win some money.  Plus I get a calendar.  Works for me.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    Yeah, I think it depends on the person.  I would think it was cool, FI wouldn't really care.  So if it's something they'd like, then not shiitty!

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    I should also add that I have trouble getting these people gifts because they have a tendancy not to use THINGS, they just stache it away for later and never use it. Yeah I think I will just go with this.

Thanks guys :)
  • Options
    It depends on the person.  My grandma, mom and aunts would love it because they play the lotto almost every day but my sister would hate it and probably complain.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm sorry I was distracted from your post by your siggy pic...

I love that show!
    Photobucket We're Married!!!!
  • Options
    I think that is a very thoughtful gift and the money of the calendar goes to charity :))

I think you Michael Pitt Siggy is awesome too!
    South Florida July Siggy Challenge-Bouquet image . image image ................. Invited:120image Attending:121 image Declined:001image Not Yet Replied:0image RSVP Date: July 25th Ready to Roll!!
  • Options
    Yes.  It's not a gift that's chosen particularly for the person.  It's a way for you to give $25 + $25 to some charity, and then throw the token gifte to your relatives.  At least when someone gets the ChikFilA calendar, they know they can eat the food with the monthly coupons.  With your calendars, it's just a calendar because most people who get these calendars won't win anything at all.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited November 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-idea-suck?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:17c960c3-99f6-45d4-ad4a-d3b7ac17ebadPost:d28469a9-2834-4216-8ef2-d66691125102">Re: Does this idea suck?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes.  It's not a gift that's chosen particularly for the person.  It's a way for you to give $25 + $25 to some charity, and then throw the token gifte to your relatives.  At least when someone gets the ChikFilA calendar, they know they can eat the food with the monthly coupons.  With your calendars, it's just a calendar because most people who get these calendars won't win anything at all.
    Posted by Kristin789[/QUOTE]
    Well Kristin, I am not buying it because it has ANYTHING to do with the charity, I am buying it because my family all like playing the lottery and its conveniently available right now so why not. Nice to see you still dont know how to post anything without coming off as a judgemental asshole though. You wont see this though, since you never come back into posts after you spew your crap.
  • Options
    Nebb - We're getting them for a number of my mom's family members, because the family has a congenital heart disease. I think it's a wonderful gift.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards