Snarky Brides

Poll for the New Year

Don't know if we've done this already or not but some questions for the changing of the year...

What was the best thing that happened in your life in 2010?
What was the low point of 2010 for you?
Are you glad to see the year end or is it bittersweet for you?
Any resolutions for the new year?
What are you looking forward to most in 2011?
Biggest wish for the New Year?

Photobucket

Re: Poll for the New Year

• What was the best thing that happened in your life in 2010? I got married.
    What was the low point of 2010 for you? When I thought I wasn't going to get re-hired for a teaching job.  I was pretty depressed.
    Are you glad to see the year end or is it bittersweet for you? Glad.  Always looking towards the future.
    Any resolutions for the new year? Focusing more on me and finding balance.
    What are you looking forward to most in 2011? Graduating wiht my Master's.
    Biggest wish for the New Year? For H and I to make some big life changes.
  • edited December 2010
    What was the best thing that happened in your life in 2010? Getting engaged!  Runner up - getting a promotion at work.

What was the low point of 2010 for you? A falling out my best friend and I had (later resoved)

Are you glad to see the year end or is it bittersweet for you? This has been one of the best years of my life so far but I'm very much looking forward to 2011, getting married and making more memories.

Any resolutions for the new year? Just the typical lose weight and get out of debt.

What are you looking forward to most in 2011? Looking foward to getting married and going on our HM!

Biggest wish for the New Year? I just wish that my family and I will stay as close even with my sister and their children moving to WA.  We are extremely tight and see each other often but I know the move is the best financial decision for them...

Bio
    "You wore a tit dress at an AIDS party??? You need to go to the whore corner with Mara " - Blue
  • What was the best thing that happened in your life in 2010? Mmm, getting engaged.

What was the low point of 2010 for you? Getting more or less banned from the US and spending the entire year away from FI.

Are you glad to see the year end or is it bittersweet for you?  Oh God I'm excited. January means moving to the states.

Any resolutions for the new year? Clean more, cook more, exercise more.

What are you looking forward to most in 2011? Moving back in with FI =)

Biggest wish for the New Year? A smooth visa process.
  • What was the best thing that happened in your life in 2010? 2010 was a big year for me, we bought our first house, got a puppy and got engaged :)
    What was the low point of 2010 for you? My uncle passing away.
    Are you glad to see the year end or is it bittersweet for you? it's a little bittersweet since it was such a great year, but next year is going to be even better!
    Any resolutions for the new year? kick up my weight loss a notch, take time out for me.
    What are you looking forward to most in 2011? Getting married :)
    Biggest wish for the New Year? For my mom to be healthy and for my friend have a safe and healthy pregnancy/delivery.

Photobucket
  • What was the best thing that happened in your life in 2010?
    Why, that would be my engagement. 

Hmmm, 2010 was actually pretty good.  I guess this summer, being laid off and stressed about money, but it worked out well in the end.

I'm glad, but mainly because it means I'm closer to finishing school and the wedding.  Those are my two big ticket events this year.  Usually, I'm sad to see the year go, though.

Not really, because I can never keep them anyway.

Wedding! Woot! I love parties, especially good food and booze.

To be happy and healthy! Oh, and that grad school doesn't kill me.
  • What was the best thing that happened in your life in 2010? Got married
    What was the low point of 2010 for you? both great-grandparents dying within a couple months of each other
    Are you glad to see the year end or is it bittersweet for you? I don't really think of it as either, really. Just another day, another week.
    Any resolutions for the new year? Eat healthier, be happier, be more patient
    What are you looking forward to most in 2011? doing book stuff
    Biggest wish for the New Year? successful book sales
  • edited December 2010
    What was the best thing that happened in your life in 2010?  Getting engaged in March and married to the love of my life in November

What was the low point of 2010 for you?  My grandfather's passing in June

Are you glad to see the year end or is it bittersweet for you?  It's been an overall amazing year, but I'm excited for what next year could bring

Any resolutions for the new year?  Ben and I are going to be going to church more regularly, and of course I have the obligatory eating better and working out more resolution too.  I usually do but the past couple of months I've been naughty, lol.  Gotta DO WORK

What are you looking forward to most in 2011?  Looking for houses with Ben

Biggest wish for the New Year?  My biggest wish for 2011 is that the federal government actually puts their plans they've been making this year to work for my hometown to combat the flooding that's been going on for nearly 20 years.  The water is supposed to come up a lot this year, and I'm really scared for my family and all the residents.  So yeah - just hoping they actually do something, that would be great kthanks
    panther

I moved in with FI. It definetely helped our relationship.

FI's uncle passing away. We new it was coming but it was stll hard.

Eh

Lose weight! And drink less. I think they will go hand in hand.

Getting married!

That all my family and friends remain healthy and happy.

Wedding Countdown Ticker imagemy read shelf:
    Christina's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I like this poll :)

What was the best thing that happened in your life in 2010?
    Closing on our house after looking for 14 months and losing 2 at closing and
    Getting pregnant after trying for 14 months and having 2 losses
    (is that weird or what?)

Having to go through an early (5 1/2 week) miscarriage my first week of work

I'm mostly happy. This year has been a crazy roller coaster. We've moved, Scott's changed jobs twice, pregnant, not pregnant, pregnant, not pregnant, pregnant! At one point we thought Katie was going to pass away and now she's crazy hyper dog. Just...whew!

My biggest is to chill out and stop worrying about things I can't control. I can worry myself into panic attacks over absolutely nothing and that needs to stop.

Meeting the Whomplette in July :)

A healthy and happy baby. Second to that is for me to get a new job that is closer to home and with better pay. Third is to have a completely uneventful year (with the exception of the baby).

• Aww, KW, I'm sorry you've had such a hard year. I hope you have a happy, healthy 2011.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • It's funny, because now that everything has more or less worked out it doesn't seem that bad looking back.

As dorky as it sounds, I am very grateful that I've had the TK ladies in my life for 2009 and 2010. If I look back 2009 was even crazier!
  • What was the best thing that happened in your life in 2010? Getting Married!
    What was the low point of 2010 for you? Nothing really, had some ups and downs with DS, but it looks like he's getting it together. And him not being at our wedding kind of sucked.
    Are you glad to see the year end or is it bittersweet for you? Meh, I'm looking forward.
    Any resolutions for the new year? Getting in shape, both physically and financially.
    What are you looking forward to most in 2011? Starting our house remodel.
    Biggest wish for the New Year?  That my son gets things straightened out with school, and work. And my DH's tests come back ok. Vibes for January 6th please!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • What was the best thing that happened in your life in 2010? Getting engaged and recently my "niece" being born.

What was the low point of 2010 for you? My grandpa passing away, FI losing his job, my brother getting dumped just 2 months after he proposed

Are you glad to see the year end or is it bittersweet for you? SO glad.

Any resolutions for the new year? I have some goals: make more money, get Emerson in a good preschool, and the usual get in shape.

The wedding!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2010
    What was the best thing that happened in your life in 2010? DS and I took a vacation to Idaho this summer for my BFF's wedding. It was such a fun week.

What was the low point of 2010 for you? Mostly just financial stress. 2010 has been pretty uneventful.

Are you glad to see the year end or is it bittersweet for you? It's bittersweet because time seems to be going by way too quickly. DS is growing up too fast!

Any resolutions for the new year? Figure myself out a little bit more, and decide what I want to do with my life. I have enjoyed being a SAHM for a while, but I want to do something more.

What are you looking forward to most in 2011? Moving back to Idaho. I was born and raised in MN and moved to Idaho when I was 13. I came back at 19 and thought I would never want to leave, but I do. It makes me sad/excited at the same time.

Biggest wish for the New Year? To get KU.
  • What was the best thing that happened in your life in 2010? DH and I got married

What was the low point of 2010 for you? Financially we really struggled and it created a lot of conflict between us. 

Are you glad to see the year end or is it bittersweet for you? It is bittersweet because it did turn out to be a great year, but I am excited to see what 2011 has in store for us. 

Any resolutions for the new year? Get back into my pre-wedding eating and workout routine, get another job and be more financially stable...maybe make a baby ;)

What are you looking forward to most in 2011? Our first year as a married couple and house hunting and baby making. 

That it is a great year for all my family and friends because although 2010 was great for me, it was rough on many people I care about.
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
     Wedding is a given, so I will add getting more involved in animal rescue, getting back into theatre.

No one has died, and everyone I love is in pretty good health. I can't complain.

I've got a pretty profound hatred of aging and time, but time seems to be winning the battle.

I want to get back in shape to sterngthen my lungs. My ashtma has gotten much worse since I've been less active

Graduating from college! (I'm going to pretend grad school doesn't exist right now.)

Selfish ones: To kick ass on the GRE and figure out what I want to do for grad school.
    For my family to stay in good health.

Broad: Equality for the LGBT community. More access to health care.
  • What was the best thing that happened in your life in 2010? I got engaged.

What was the low point of 2010 for you? I'm not sure.

Are you glad to see the year end or is it bittersweet for you? I'm kind of glad to see it end. On to the next.

Any resolutions for the new year? Yes, quite a few.

What are you looking forward to most in 2011? Getting married and finally going on vacation.

Biggest wish for the New Year? That I get a new job.
  • What was the best thing that happened in your life in 2010? Getting married was pretty awesome! I love being married and the wedding itself was a blast. I also got to start grad school.

What was the low point of 2010 for you? I had an early miscarriage (~6 weeks) in October which was pretty much the worst thing I've ever gone through. I got so depressed that I almost flunked out of school.

Are you glad to see the year end or is it bittersweet for you? SO happy that it's over. Pretty much everything was swell until October, but boy it sure sucked after that.

Any resolutions for the new year? I don't really do resolutions, but I'd like to do better in school next quarter!

What are you looking forward to most in 2011? Getting a little closer to getting my PhD, maybe thinking about having kids?

Biggest wish for the New Year? That I can be more in control over the big things in my life--at least the things I can control! I just want to be a better student and wife next year than I have been for the last few months.
    Getting engaged! My trip to Paris and Barcelona during the summer is a runner up.

I can't really recall anything bad this year.

Neither really.

I generaly don't keep them, so I'm going with no.

Being married!

For this to be a safe and helathy year for my family.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image image
  • What was the best thing that happened in your life in 2010?  Really the whole year was phenomenal.

What was the low point of 2010 for you? I didn't really have one. 

Are you glad to see the year end or is it bittersweet for you? I am a bit bummed but I am really pumped about this coming year. 

Any resolutions for the new year? Maintain my dedication to my business and keep trying to move ahead within the firm and continue building the relationships I have formed with clients.  Also lose the weight I've gained thanks to my job.     

What are you looking forward to most in 2011? Going to Ireland or Moscow this summer.

Biggest wish for the New Year? That everyone I know and love stays happy and healthy so that I can spend many more years with them. 
    My engagment and finding out I have been cancer free for a year now!

Finally accepting the fact my parents are gone.

I am happy this year is gone but it was a major turn around for me. I met my birth father, brother, and sister got engaged, got a house all in a year.. but really looking forward to bringing a new beginning into the new year.

take my kids to see many places and learn new things. Until now life has been harsh with alot of low points. I have a very stable and happy home it's time for them to experience new things. Oh and quit smoking :)

My best friend's wedding ( I am her MOH) and really starting to live my life and enjoy the new beginnings

A happy and healthy year for my family and friends
    Getting engaged and starting a new job (that I love!!)

My Grandfather passing away (out of the blue) in March.  Still pretty hard to deal with...

This past year has been quite the rollercoaster (good and bad), so I am ready for 2011!

To eat heathy, workout a little more, save some more money.

Our wedding and buying a house!

That my family and friends stay happy and healthy for 2011!

Happy New Year Knotties!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • What was the best thing that happened in your life in 2010? The job I got in april, which opened up the door for the job I have now. So technically, meeting the 2 guys who hired me at the first place and took me with them to the 2nd.
    What was the low point of 2010 for you? Jan-April when I was unemployed, its a very depressing time. You just feel lost when you are busting ass to try to find a job and getting no phone calls.
    Are you glad to see the year end or is it bittersweet for you? All in all, 2010 was hard but it was a GREAT year for me/us. My life is brighter with my job, my relationship with my husband is stronger, and we learned a LOT to help us succeed in the future.
    Any resolutions for the new year? Control my anger/cut back on swearing.
    What are you looking forward to most in 2011? Paying off debt as planned, summer concerts
    Biggest wish for the New Year? the ability to keep sight of whats right and not fall into our old habits.
  • Thanks for sharing everyone :) Although some of us have had a rough year in 2010 seems like we're all stronger/wiser for it.  I hope everyone has a awesome 2011! Have a great night tonight ladies. I have to go get ready for my hot date now ;)

Photobucket
  • What was the best thing that happened in your life in 2010? Tie between getting engaged and losing 75 pounds
    What was the low point of 2010 for you? Hmmm...I didn't really have one. This has been the best year so far!
    Are you glad to see the year end or is it bittersweet for you? Glad b/c I'm getting married in 2011!
    Any resolutions for the new year? no, I believe in always setting goals for myself, regardless of season
    What are you looking forward to most in 2011? our wedding and honeymoon
    Biggest wish for the New Year? that all my family and friends stay healthy and well

Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards