Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

NWR: TV's

Bill and I are going to be buying a newer, bigger TV for our living room.  We're looking at 50" or larger.  We've been doing lots of research but I'm looking for personal recs here--do you have one that you do or don't like?  We've kind of narrowed it down to a Sharp Aquos that's 60", a Samsung that's LED-LCD 55", and a Sony that's pretty close to the Samsung.  We also saw an Insignia last night that had a pretty good picture but I can't get my label snob husband to consider it. 

Re: NWR: TV's

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We have a Sharp Aquos that is 46" and it's awesome.  

I had a Samsung die about a month ago.   It lasted a long time...but it was the first time I ever had a TV just completely go kaput without warning.

Not sure if that helps any. 
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have a 56" old style Samsung that we love but they don't make it anymore of course.  It's Ben's TV that is about 6 years old and I think he has replaced the bulb once.

My Dad and aunt both have Sony Bravias and they are really nice--probably one of the best pictures I have ever seen on a TV.
  • Options
    msealemseale member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE Samsung TV's.  All sizes/types.  The picture just always seems superior.
    But, the picture on an LED TV is awesome.  I would recommend purchsing that type, or you might regret it in a year or two when that is what everything has moved to.  Just my 2cents.
    Our last sunset in Hawaii...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Michelle & Michael
    Married - August '10
    TTC - Since September 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have a 40-something inch Samsung.  We've only had it for about a year, but we love it and have had no issues with it.  Of course, we've only had it for about a year, so that's probably not too helpful.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I researched TVs a lot before we bought one and Samsung seemed to be the leader. We got a 55" LCD Samsung and we love it! Everyone always comments about how great the picture looks when they come over.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have 2 32" Samsungs, a 19" Samsung, and a 52" Samsung and we love them all!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have a 46 ( I think) Sony Bravia TV for about 2 years. My dad LOVES IT!

Just a tip, Sears prices matches and gives you an extra 10% of the difference.
    I did that with my parent's TV and saved them about $500
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have an older (around 6 years old) 61" DLP Samsung and the bulb has gone out on us twice, it goes out almost exactly every 3 years. It cost $200 to buy a new bulb. The color wheel has also gone out on it and right now its not working it turns off by itself, so we need to call Samsung to come fix it.  We also have a 40" LCD Sony Bravia that I love. I will never buy another DLP T.V., stick with LCD and LED!
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have 52" Samsung and it's by far better than any of the other tvs I've had
  • Options
    angieandjamesangieandjames member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have two 46" tvs.  One is a Samsung, and when we went to buy the second one, they mistakenly loaded up a Sony, and we didn't realize until we got it home.  They were the same price, so we just kept it.  I can't tell a difference in the quality of the picture on either, and they both seem to be pretty good.  We've had the Samsung about 2 1/2 years, and the Sony about a year.
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_nwr-tvs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:09856871-7299-4515-bf42-55bd5cc3000ePost:c8c4ac34-fb41-4a26-8426-182b1c310a98">Re: NWR: TV's</a>:
    [QUOTE]We have an older (around 6 years old) 61" DLP Samsung and the bulb has gone out on us twice, it goes out almost exactly every 3 years. It cost $200 to buy a new bulb.Posted by melissaandjoel[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this is what Ben said--that his will probably go out again soon.  We'll probably just buy a new one when that happens but I love ours because it has a built in stand.  We still love the DLP but probably wouldn't buy another one.
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, ladies!

I think that, even though it's a little more than the Sharp 60" LED-LCD, we'll probably by the Samsung based on the recs.  I just wish it was the same size as the Sharp but we'll survive.
  • Options
    btweety04btweety04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have Samsung's and love them. Also you may want to check into Vizio. They are a up and coming brand but have exceptional picture and run a little cheaper than then competitors.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards