Snarky Brides
Options

I have a friend who sucks at life

2»

Re: I have a friend who sucks at life

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_friend-sucks-life?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1d9bf2bf-9bce-402e-8062-a1f286d5ab29Post:7eacbe63-cfdd-45b6-8d5c-32e2cc31d599">Re: I have a friend who sucks at life</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a friend that is always 1 up on me... If i say that im having a great time at the beach for example... She will come back and say "OH, well im going to the beach this weekend". She can never just be happy for me, she ALWAYS has to have a better story then mine. Whenever she says things like that to me... im like oh thats cool, or have fun and leave it at that. It drives me insane!
    Posted by DolphinsGirl1[/QUOTE]

Ughh I HATE people like that. I have a couple of friends who always pull that crap or they'll say "Soo.. I had a really great weekend this weekend.." and you can tell they're just dying for you to say "Oh really? What happened??" but I never give them the satisfaction anymore. Now I just say "Oh that's good!" and change the subject.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_friend-sucks-life?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1d9bf2bf-9bce-402e-8062-a1f286d5ab29Post:ea036fb3-3e23-4933-862d-a6390911fd56">Re: I have a friend who sucks at life</a>:
    [QUOTE]Speaking of FB -- just received this little message: Ladies, Here's another silly game, like the bra color game which was a total success and we had men wondering for days what was with the colors and it made it to the News. Well this game has to do with your handbag, where we put our handbag the moment we get home. For example, "I like it on the couch", "I like it on the kitchen counter", "I like it on the dresser", you get the idea. Just put your answer as your Status with nothing more than that and cut and paste this message and forward to all your FB female friends. The bra game made it to the news. Let's see how powerful we women really are!!! REMEMBER - DO NOT PUT YOUR ANSWER AS A REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE, SIMPLY PUT YOUR ANSWER AS YOUR STATUS, THEN FORWARD THIS MESSAGE TO YOUR Female FRIENDS
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

When I receive that message I will write a really bitchy lashing to whoever sends it to me.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_friend-sucks-life?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1d9bf2bf-9bce-402e-8062-a1f286d5ab29Post:770e70e5-a753-4b72-a9ed-6ce3b41d214d">Re: I have a friend who sucks at life</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I have a friend who sucks at life : Ughh I HATE people like that. I have a couple of friends who always pull that crap or they'll say "Soo.. I had a really great weekend this weekend.." and you can tell they're just dying for you to say "Oh really? What happened??" but I never give them the satisfaction anymore. Now I just say "Oh that's good!" and change the subject.
    Posted by JennaV26[/QUOTE]

Along these same lines... people who post something sad like "I'm so upset over what just happened..." and when someone asks "what's wrong?" they respond "I don't want to talk about it."

Why bother posting it in the first place if you don't want to talk about it?  Silly attention seekers.

imageimage

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_friend-sucks-life?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1d9bf2bf-9bce-402e-8062-a1f286d5ab29Post:742044d3-83f2-4089-bbfa-56423c6acaae">Re: I have a friend who sucks at life</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I have a friend who sucks at life : Along these same lines... people who post something sad like "I'm so upset over what just happened..." and when someone asks "what's wrong?" they respond "I don't want to talk about it." Why bother posting it in the first place if you don't want to talk about it?  Silly attention seekers.
    Posted by heartxsongs[/QUOTE]

I totally agree, if you post something like that, people are going to be curious as to what is wrong or what is going on. Then its frustrating when they say, "i don't want to talk about it" or "everything is fine". Its the one uppers that really annoy me. Like i said in a PP... i have a friend like that, and even though i love her and she is one of my good friends, it is just irritating! I dont get how people thrive on that stuff?!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards