Snarky Brides

Anyone Around?

2»

Re: Anyone Around?

• reilsreils member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anyone-around-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1da6be96-33e6-4bd3-9cee-910fcb5a17f3Post:fefc6dde-838d-418c-9a69-54a04203ba99">Re: Anyone Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]  She loves anything smelly and is always trying to get into weird spaces so <strong>we think she misses the dumpster</strong>. 
    Posted by celticmyss[/QUOTE]

<div>Aw, poor dumpster kitty. </div>
  • I suck at figuring out political cartoons. My 12th grade history teacher made us start the day with one, and we had to write an analysis on what it meant. I was wrong 90% of the time, as were others. We had to read them outloud and often, instead of an analysis students read a report of what they ate for dinner last night or their favorite movie.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anyone-around-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1da6be96-33e6-4bd3-9cee-910fcb5a17f3Post:ab07000c-10b3-432d-a734-457f80f25d31">Re: Anyone Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I suck at figuring out political cartoons. My 12th grade history teacher made us start the day with one, and we had to write an analysis on what it meant. I was wrong 90% of the time, as were others. <strong>We had to read them outloud and often, instead of an analysis students read a report of what they ate for dinner last night or their favorite movie.</strong>
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

I was really worried the kids wouldn't 'get' them but I coached them through them and was pretty impressed with their analysis.

Ha! I would be so frustrated if I was the teacher but I can't blame the kids!
  • It kind of became a joke, so by the end of the year it was expected. We discussed them regardless of the analyses anyway.
  • So does anyone have weekend plans to look forward to yet?
  • Ha, just saw this on Pinterest!

Alright, N just got home and we're going on a walk.  Keep your head up, Sere! Good night, everyone else!
  • Sere - I'm planning on going on a nice, long run on Ft Lauderdale Beach on Saturday, at least an hour. And then Sunday, I think I might use the LivingSocial coupon that H got me for Valentine's Day to get a massage and a facial. After the week I've been having, I could so use it.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • I appreciate the encouragement everyone. Sometimes you need someone else to help you keep your chin up, you know?

mehg, sounds great! looks like you rocked the half marathon-will you ever do another one?

MrsJ that's incredible! it sucks to live far away from your bff
  • Yeah I know ultimately the whole experience will be more of a benefit than anything.

How did you find more support? Did you seek other supporters or just work on your own?
  • I like the black and white.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anyone-around-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1da6be96-33e6-4bd3-9cee-910fcb5a17f3Post:788d0b0b-adbc-490e-af77-ddce440091c3">Re: Anyone Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone Around? : I ended up discussing more of my plans/experiences/day with 2 other teachers in the department, rather than my MIA mentor teacher. Then in terms of more general support, I had a group of about 8 people from my university who were all doing practicums, and we would meet on a facebook group 3ish times a week to talk about how things were going. And of course, my H (fiance at the time), and my BFF are both teachers, so they were great moral support too. Then I just dove into my materials, and did what I could... so a little bit of standing on my own in terms of subject/classroom and a lot of more general teaching help.
    Posted by mrs.jesse[/QUOTE]

One of my classmates also student teaches at the same school so I go talk to her and her mentor which helps. Plus my supervisor has committed to coming to my room once a week to check in on me and see how I'm doing which is awesome.

I'm glad to hear you survived!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anyone-around-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1da6be96-33e6-4bd3-9cee-910fcb5a17f3Post:1508eed2-f01a-4e4b-a82b-975b70ce8b43">Re: Anyone Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone Around? : Thanks Sesh. That's how I did it first, and that is my natural inclination, but I've been staring at them both for about 20 minutes, and can't "pull the trigger" haha
    Posted by mrs.jesse[/QUOTE]

I like the black and white too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards