Snarky Brides

tell me stuff about your happiness

13»

Re: tell me stuff about your happiness

• Over the past year, on average, what would you rate your happiness level to be? (1 being low, 10 being high) What would you consider a primary factor to that happiness level? 9.  I think this is the best year I've probably ever had in my life (dramatic I know lol).  H and our new jobs.

what is something that is guaranteed to get you down/in a funk? Thinking about having children.  Well, not thinking about actually having them but thinking of the difficulty that's going into it.  It sucks. A lot.

what is something that is guaranteed to make you feel better/lift you up? Seeing H at the end of every day.

Who do you talk to when you aren't happy?   Depending on the source of the unhappiness my H or my mom.

Do you compare your happiness to others? (for example, you see what you percieve as Jane Doe being happy and content with her life, which makes you question why you aren't happy or content with yours)  Sometimes.  Again, I guess it depends what it is.  I might start to do that and then I remind myself of all the reasons I love my life and tell myself to stfu because I'm very lucky.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • ElleB87ElleB87 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Over the past year, on average, what would you rate your happiness level to be? (1 being low, 10 being high) What would you consider a primary factor to that happiness level?
    5-6 - the past year has been so up and down. There were moments where I would say happiness was a 9 and others where it was a -12.  I've made A LOT of changes in the past couples months (which is why I haven't been posting so much) and right now I'd say my happiness is about 8 or 9. The factors last year included my crap job, problems with H, saving for the wedding , a job scam that H was a victim of and my health.

what is something that is guaranteed to get you down/in a funk?
    My old job and my neuro issues (this past winter it actually got to the point where I couldn't get out of bed and my doc was a total asstwat about it)

what is something that is guaranteed to make you feel better/lift you up?
    Going for a long walk or planning a vacation

Who do you talk to when you aren't happy?
    Either H, my sister or my bff

Do you compare your happiness to others? (for example, you see what you percieve as Jane Doe being happy and content with her life, which makes you question why you aren't happy or content with yours
    I know it's super lame and unhealthy but I sometimes compare my happiness to people in movies or on TV. I have no idea why, I know all that ish is fake but I still do it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-me-stuff-about-your-happiness?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1e2428e5-a777-4e9c-8c17-557d9c9bbed0Post:14c89f6b-5d5e-4117-a7e3-dbce8b16a82a">Re:tell me stuff about your happiness</a>:
    [QUOTE]Over the past year, on average, what would you rate your happiness level to be? 1 being low, 10 being high What would you consider a primary factor to that happiness level? I'd say<strong> a 56</strong>. That's pathetic seeing as I'm getting married. I'm just a worrier so between job stress, deaths, etc. Its been a little much. I'm slowly getting back to feeling like me though, which is good. what is something that is guaranteed to get you down/in a funk? Other people's negative attitudes or when I compare myself to others. Comparing is incredibly lame but I do it all of the time. what is something that is guaranteed to make you feel better/lift you up? Reese's Cup :. Or wine, any chocolate, a run to angry music, DivaB Who do you talk to when you aren't happy? My mom which ends up leading to a fight. I talk to FI and DB. DB will sit and listen forever and then roll her eyes and walk away. Do you compare your happiness to others? for example, you see what you percieve as Jane Doe being happy and content with her life, which makes you question why you aren't happy or content with yours I would say no but I am constantly comparing myself so I'm sure I do that with their "happiness" too.
    Posted by lbarr088[/QUOTE]

I forgot you were ok mobile and I was thinking "56?  Thats pathetic?" lol
    imageVacation
  • angelstar975angelstar975 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Over the past year, on average, what would you rate your happiness level to be? (1 being low, 10 being high) What would you consider a primary factor to that happiness level? Probably a 5 or a 6, overall. There have been times that it's been at a 9, other times when it's at a 2, so I guess it balances out. The primary factor has been issues with FI. Work/money stuff hasn't helped either. The factors in the happy times are mostly when things are good with FI, both as a couple and for him personally.

what is something that is guaranteed to get you down/in a funk? Fighting with FI, not working enough, having a lot of school work hanging over my head

what is something that is guaranteed to make you feel better/lift you up? Random sweet texts from FI, going to the beach, seeing K & R, the girls I nanny for

Who do you talk to when you aren't happy? It kind of depends. I talk to FI if he's not the reason I'm unhappy, and sometimes even when he is. I also talk to Knotties. I almost never turn to family or IRL friends when I'm upset.

Do you compare your happiness to others? (for example, you see what you percieve as Jane Doe being happy and content with her life, which makes you question why you aren't happy or content with yours) Too much and this is why I don't talk to IRL friends about my problems. I feel like they are all in much better places than me. Plus, there's just too much I don't want to tell them.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-me-stuff-about-your-happiness?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1e2428e5-a777-4e9c-8c17-557d9c9bbed0Post:6e8dcc60-6719-4f6e-8940-b6a603284818">Re: tell me stuff about your happiness</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sesh there are a couple of kids who I have that response to. FH's youngest nephew is so adorable and so well behaved that I start to wonder if having a kid wouldn't be such a bad idea after all. Then his older nephew goes running through the room, screaming at the top of his lungs and the moment passes. 
    Posted by celticmyss[/QUOTE]

Oh I never had a moment of wondering if I should have one, that's for sure. It was more like, "Aww, you're cute. Maybe babies aren't evil after all."
  • SpartanCatSpartanCat member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Over the past year, on average, what would you rate your happiness level to be? (1 being low, 10 being high) What would you consider a primary factor to that happiness level? 5-6... money mainly or lack there of, not being where i want to be in life and not seeing a way to fix it 

what is something that is guaranteed to get you down/in a funk?  being tired/hungry, thinking about money or things i need to buy/do, worrying about my dad (just diagnosed with cancer about a week ago)

what is something that is guaranteed to make you feel better/lift you up? reading something light and happy or a trashy novel, my two fur faces, talking to my mom 

Who do you talk to when you aren't happy? my mom is my best friend and the first one i call about anything. bf next. my best friend from when we were tiny babies and I keep in touch here and there but always seems to know when i've had a bad day and calls. i'm starting to think my mom tips her off lol

Do you compare your happiness to others? (for example, you see what you percieve as Jane Doe being happy and content with her life, which makes you question why you aren't happy or content with yours)   yes.  have a hard time with this. I try not to because i do have a lot- my health (for the most part), two jobs, a nice apartment, a working car (at the moment), family and friends that i love and a wonderful boyfriend. it's just difficult to seeing so many people my age being married and happy and having babies and buying houses when i'm living two hours away and a state away from my bf and am struggling to make ends meet with two jobs in a city that is not financially friendly to young people living alone. whoo way to bum myself out. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Over the past year, on average, what would you rate your happiness level to be? (1 being low, 10 being high) What would you consider a primary factor to that happiness level? 9 - great H, great friends, great family, good job, nice home, nice cars, and a daughter on the way :)

what is something that is guaranteed to get you down/in a funk? Seeing other people struggle. 

what is something that is guaranteed to make you feel better/lift you up? Michael, our kitties, family, friends, rubbing my big ol belly. 

Who do you talk to when you aren't happy? My mom, Michael, or my BF

Do you compare your happiness to others? (for example, you see what you percieve as Jane Doe being happy and content with her life, which makes you question why you aren't happy or content with yours) Nah, there's really no point. I've never really felt the need to worry about what other people have. I've been fortunate to have been happy most of my life, so I just enjoy my own happiness. 

Also, I don't mean this to sound like I enjoy what others don't have, but I can appreciate the things I do have because I know people in worse situations. Example, I have a great friend who seems like she has the best life. Her mom has always put her down and made her feel bad about her appearance. She has a great H and great kids, and $55,000 on CC and loans to pay for plastic surgeries she never needed to begin with. Another friend who I love, lost her mom to breast cancer a few years ago. I still have my mom that I can call every single day if I want, and that's worth a hell of a lot more than a huge house and beamer. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Over the past year, on average, what would you rate your happiness level to be? 1 being low, 10 being high What would you consider a primary factor to that happiness level? I'd say a 9. I've loved living in San Francisco ever since we moved here, but DH got a job in his career field a year ago, which helped us to live with a little less anxiety. We have a great relationship, and we've really been building a life here. I didn't feel that I had quite as many friends as I'd like, but that's changed over the past few months. It would be a 10 if my family moved here and if I was done with the licensing process. what is something that is guaranteed to get you down/in a funk? Doing something accidentally that pisses someone off or hurts someone. Or a client who's in a really dark place who's not getting better. what is something that is guaranteed to make you feel better/lift you up? Time with DH, a chat with my mom, trash tv, and photos of small, furry animals Who do you talk to when you aren't happy? DH, my mom, my best friends, my clinical supervisor at work Do you compare your happiness to others? for example, you see what you percieve as Jane Doe being happy and content with her life, which makes you question why you aren't happy or content with yours Just financially. I live in one of the highest COL areas in the country, and most of my friends are 46 years older than me and have established, profitable careers. It's hard to have to turn down a nice dinner out or a happy hour when I know a glass of wine costs 12. I know we'll get to a point of financial comfort, but it's hard not to be a little impatient :P
  • In Response to Re:tell me stuff about your happiness:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: tell me stuff about your happiness:I'm just always comparing myself with others in general like, this person is skinny, I bet she' shappy. That person has the most beautifully decorated house...I bet she's happy. This person drives a Mercedes...happy biiiitch.nbsp; I wish I didn't compare myself so much!Posted by LDYGTR13[/QUOTE]That's actually a good point about body image. I know modeling is an incredibly skewed world, but I'm the biggest model at the agency by at least 20 lbs, and I feel like they're going to drop me. It sucks to go in for a casting and see the other girls there who I don't stand a chance against. I should probably shut up and just leave the industry, but I don't want to give up :P
  • Dmill, I'm not sure if I congratulated you yet, but I am now! Also, it must be hard for you to see your friends struggle like that. It's good that you're there for them.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-me-stuff-about-your-happiness?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1e2428e5-a777-4e9c-8c17-557d9c9bbed0Post:ec917f63-7849-4949-b540-6cc7d6aed1e8">Re:tell me stuff about your happiness</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dmill, I'm not sure if I congratulated you yet, but I am now! Also, it must be hard for you to see your friends struggle like that. It's good that you're there for them.
    Posted by polichik[/QUOTE]
    Thanks!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Over the past year, on average, what would you rate your happiness level to be? (1 being low, 10 being high) What would you consider a primary factor to that happiness level?

8-9.

what is something that is guaranteed to get you down/in a funk?'

Worrying about repaying my student loans and chronic back pain from someone hitting my car last year. I hurt all the time and receive treatment on a regular basis. I'm also on medications that make me either extremely tired or unable to fully function. I have a very good outlook on life and a sense of humor about everything, which is what allows me to not be depressed about my situation.

Just about anything lifts me up, honestly. I'm pretty easy to please. I have a good day if the cashier at Target smiles at me, so you can imagine what kind of day I have if other things happen. :)

My close friends, H, my mom.

Do you compare your happiness to others? (for example, you see what you percieve as Jane Doe being happy and content with her life, which makes you question why you aren't happy or content with yours)

No. It's pointless to compare your happiness to someone else's. The only thing I really compare is other people's houses. My H and I are renters, and we have decided to build a house at some point- once we find the perfect place to live. This will probably not happen for at least 10 more years. At the moment, we're both students, so the place we live isn't super nice (people here don't like to renovate or upgrade their rental homes for students). I do compare that, but I don't think it's a measure of my happiness, more like things that I look forward to.
  • Over the past year, on average, what would you rate your happiness level to be? (1 being low, 10 being high) What would you consider a primary factor to that happiness level?
     8-10...My family & my FI have everything to do with it. From getting engaged to my sister moving back to town, this year has been amazing!

what is something that is guaranteed to get you down/in a funk?
    Lack of sleep always makes me grumpy and gives me terrible headaches.

I know I can be a real PIA when I'm in a funk, but talking it out with my mom, sister, or FI usually helps....and getting some R&R...and maybe a glass of good wine :-)

My mom, sister, and FI

Do you compare your happiness to others? (for example, you see what you percieve as Jane Doe being happy and content with her life, which makes you question why you aren't happy or content with yours)
    Not usually. I certainly recognize the great things going on in my friends & family members' lives and it just makes me excited for them and hopeful for my future.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re:tell me stuff about your happiness:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:tell me stuff about your happiness:Over the past year, on average, what would you rate your happiness level to be? 1 being low, 10 being high What would you consider a primary factor to that happiness level? I'd say a 56. That's pathetic seeing as I'm getting married. I'm just a worrier so between job stress, deaths, etc. Its been a little much. I'm slowly getting back to feeling like me though, which is good. what is something that is guaranteed to get you down/in a funk? Other people's negative attitudes or when I compare myself to others. Comparing is incredibly lame but I do it all of the time. what is something that is guaranteed to make you feel better/lift you up? Reese's Cup :. Or wine, any chocolate, a run to angry music, DivaB Who do you talk to when you aren't happy? My mom which ends up leading to a fight. I talk to FI and DB. DB will sit and listen forever and then roll her eyes and walk away. Do you compare your happiness to others? for example, you seenbsp;what you percieve asnbsp;Jane Doe being happy and content with her life, which makes you question why you aren't happy or content with yours I would say no but I am constantly comparing myself so I'm sure I do that with their "happiness" too.Posted by lbarr088I forgot you were ok mobile and I was thinking "56?nbsp; Thats pathetic?" lol Posted by brandichamberlain[/QUOTE]

I'm a 56 yo. I'm the happiest motherheifer out of everyone.

So I'm assuming that no one can see any punctuations or paragraphs. That's wonderful. I will refrain from typing long assssss posts. Stupid mobile.
  • Oh koda, I had not idea you got laid off. I'm so sorry abou tthat!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-me-stuff-about-your-happiness?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1e2428e5-a777-4e9c-8c17-557d9c9bbed0Post:81e6afad-308c-41f3-a662-3fe5151b69fe">Re: tell me stuff about your happiness</a>:
    [QUOTE]what is something that is guaranteed to get you down/in a funk?  Sarah McLachlan ASPCA commercials.
    Posted by kodakitty[/QUOTE]
    Guaranteed you make you cry and ruin your day.  Every time.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• StefffiCStefffiC member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2012
    Over the past year, on average, what would you rate your happiness level to be? (1 being low, 10 being high) What would you consider a primary factor to that happiness level?

Most of time I'm pretty content, probably a 7 or 8 now. Last summer was really rough with the death of my best friend and house mate, then us moving from that house, new position at work, just lots of stuff going on in my life, but I'm over all content.

what is something that is guaranteed to get you down/in a funk? what is something that is guaranteed to make you feel better/lift you up?

The state of my house always gets me in a funk, but with my work schedule I just can't keep it perfectly clean. My litter boxes, dishes, and laundry get done. Everything else falls to DH and what gets done gets done. My horses always make me happy, and going home to DH when he gets home for the week is always the highlight of the week.

DH, My mom if it's job stuff (we worked in the same industry for years, so she knows a lot of my gripes), but mainly DH. Sometimes my two good work friends - one I gripe about work and the other is a good, older, married friend who is the kind of straight up person that will tell me if I'm being a difficult witch or if I should be unhappy. It's 90% of the first one lately. LOL My really good friend back home just had her MIL move in with her who is dying of cancer and I feel bad griping to her because my gripes feel trivial to her problems.

Do you compare your happiness to others? (for example, you see what you percieve as Jane Doe being happy and content with her life, which makes you question why you aren't happy or content with yours)

I try not to. But, it's hard not to. I have some health struggles, we've had 4 miscarriages in 5 years, we are going to try to have children next year, and I don't know that it will happen. I get frustrated with bad parents who have kids, but other people I don't assume they're happy just because they look happy.

• In Response to Re:tell me stuff about your happiness:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: tell me stuff about your happiness:what is something that is guaranteed to get you down/in a funk? nbsp;Sarah McLachlan ASPCA commercials. Posted by kodakittyGuaranteed you make you cry and ruin your day.nbsp; Every time. Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

Yup. As soon as the TV screen changes and I hear "in the arms"... Well who knows if I even make it to the word arms, but I frantically go after the remote and start yelling if I can't find it to drown out that song. Most times I'm too late and a oneeyed shaking pup comes on the screen. Dangit.
  • Over the past year, on average, what would you rate your happiness level to be? (1 being low, 10 being high) What would you consider a primary factor to that happiness level? Pretty solid 8. My relationship w/ my FI, my friends, myself, my job, my living situation.

what is something that is guaranteed to get you down/in a funk? At the moment, thinking about our guest list drama. It's passing though.

what is something that is guaranteed to make you feel better/lift you up? My FI, my dog (I can't look at him and feel angry), sometimes ice cream.

Who do you talk to when you aren't happy? My FI, my sister, my best friend, sometimes my Dad.

Do you compare your happiness to others? (for example, you see what you percieve as Jane Doe being happy and content with her life, which makes you question why you aren't happy or content with yours) No, I have goals I set for myself and when I reach them I'm ecstatic but if I don't I just keep working towards them. What someone portrays to the outside world isn't always what it seems. There isn't a single person with a absolutely perfect life, they all have flaws - and to error is human.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-me-stuff-about-your-happiness?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1e2428e5-a777-4e9c-8c17-557d9c9bbed0Post:7d4a1d9c-9a76-49c8-aeac-38b98596e1d5">Re:tell me stuff about your happiness</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:tell me stuff about your happiness: Yup. As soon as the TV screen changes and I hear "in the arms"... Well who knows if I even make it to the word arms, but I frantically go after the remote and start yelling if I can't find it to drown out that song. Most times I'm too late and a oneeyed shaking pup comes on the screen. Dangit.
    Posted by lbarr088[/QUOTE]

Me too, if I can't find the remote I just get up and leave the room.
  • Koda, I want you to know that I'm sending giant hugs your way. We need to get together for a non PBR beer soon... You deserve some TLC.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards