Snarky Brides
Options

love/hate...

this place is too dead for my liking...I finally have time to be online and it is either this or I have to clean or do wedding crap. I need a night off from life!

Okay...what are some things that you hear other people rave about but you don't really love...

Cloverfield and Blair Witch Project - Meh

Expensive shoes - I think it is because I can't wear heels

Coach

beer. In general. 

Re: love/hate...

• Options
    I don't get the justin bieber fever, avatar movie, football, twilight, beer drinking obsessions. I've tried different beers and ugh, they taste so bad.
  • Options
    Ricks- I don't judge you for getting botox. Its just not my thing, I don't understand why people do it. I think aging is apart of life and our society focuses too much on staying young. People will be beautiful without botox, and that shiz must hurt! Maybe Im biased because Im black and will be young forever! lol jk.

I hope you are the one that said this. If you didnt, I am an idiot and ignore this =]
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lovehate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:20ea9100-d045-40aa-bb9b-05c89b1d8042Post:3f3da6f3-82f9-42f0-a799-89ef0fd6b6e2">Re: love/hate...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: love/hate... : I would disagree with these generalizations. Have any studies actually shown this? I think that is just what we all assume. What is "a lot" and how do we know what this lot of people did or didn't do.
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]

<div>I think that while bypass is the likely the best option in some situations, it IS being used too frequently. It is a serious step with long term consequences. It is not a quick fix, either. People who do bypass still have to watch what they eat and exercise, just as they would have had to without bypass. The medical profession is eager to do it for more and more people because it is a big money maker that insurance will pay for due to the health risks of obesity, particularly obesity of the 5'2, 290 pound variety. So I would not put it all at the door of the people who are having surgery they may not need, Dr.'s are cheering for it too.</div><div>
    </div><div>People who have bypass do NOT get to just watch the weight melt off, they DO have  to work at it.</div><div>
    </div><div>I also have to add that there really ARE people out there who have completely screwed metabolisms. They eat normally, do get some exercise and are still very large. Like anything else in your body, your ability to burn  calories can actually be impaired.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lovehate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:20ea9100-d045-40aa-bb9b-05c89b1d8042Post:9f609496-e1fe-4f42-8ec5-355ae3514ed1">Re: love/hate...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did you know the water flows backwards in Australia?!
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]

When I was in Ecuador, we went to the "middle of the earth" equator line and it was awesome. Our guide put a sink on one side of the line, and the water drained clockwise. He put it on the other (only a few inches away) and it drained counter-clockwise. Then he put it directly on the center and it drained straight down, no swirling. It fascinated me.

Also, your strength is different at the equator. Our guide was a small, thin woman and she put her hands over her head, then had a big muscle guy in our group try to push them down. On our side of the line, he did it easily. On the line, he couldn't move her arms an inch. Something about gravitational pull.
  • Options
    I hate:

beer
     scotch
    jeggings (wtf?)
    wedge shoes that aren't espadrilles
    vague instructions by my boss on work to be done
    commuting
    my job
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I know I'm way late to this, but I thought I'd weigh in on the whole GB thing. I think all of the judgement is ridiculous. But that's nothing new. I'm always shocked by all of the judgement that goes on around here. I just don't get why people care so much. 

I was one of those people that was just over 100 lbs overweight and had the surgery. It was the best decision that I've ever made. It helped me go from a hopeless, miserable person to someone that has a thriving life, family, and career. I wouldn't change it for the world and I honestly don't care what others think about it. It changed my life in the most valuable way possible. It gave me hope. And that's all that matters to me. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards