Snarky Brides
Options

I don't even know

For anyone who read my post from the other day (it was buried in a thread) about our friend's baby who died at birth, I have an update.

I guess when they induced her there were complications, so the doctors tried to rush things along (not sure what this means).  Then the placenta ripped and there was hemorrhaging and they decided to do a c-section.  When they pulled the baby out she wasn't breathing.  So, basically, the doctors botched everything.  If they'd chosen different doctors or a different hospital none of this would have happened.  I went from being completely heartbroken to seething pissed.  I've never done this before - I filled my bathtub with the hottest water I could stand and sat in there with a really fat glass of red wine for about forty five minutes just to calm down.  I was shaking I was so pissed.

Anyway they are going to have a memorial service for the baby on Wednesday and it's only for family really, but they've told us they want us there.  We will be (since that's all we can really do, you know?).  Do you give money or flowers or what the hell at something like this?  
panther
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards