Snarky Brides

Help me spend money at Sephora

I have a GC and some extra fun money.  I'm getting new Mineral Veil and a couple BM eyeshadows, and probably some more Rosebud Salve.  What else should I get?  Recommend things.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.

Re: Help me spend money at Sephora

• I love their airbush brush set.  (Click)
  • ooooh, I forgot about Naked 2.  *click*

• Philosophy body washes and lip glosses.

Diorshow mascara.

OPI for Sephora nail polish.

Boscia blotting papers.

NARS blush.

I love me some Sephora!
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • I second Mehg on the Diorshow and I also love their brand of eyelash curler.  I'm jealous, I wanna blow some $ at Sephora!

Bio
    "You wore a tit dress at an AIDS party??? You need to go to the whore corner with Mara " - Blue
  • I'm broken because I hate Diorshow.  I think I'm the only one in the world.

• If I had money to spend at Sephora, I'd get:

Smashbox primer
    UD Naked palette and eyeshadow primer
    Nars blush
    New make up brushes
    Black gel liner and a good single black eyeshadow
    Bronzer
    Moisturizer
  • J-

Use code VIBCHIC to save 15% off today only.

This goes for everyone- they can use it.
  • I just bought:

Living Proofs No Frizz Styling Cream (I have their shampoo and cond and love it)

And I needed new foundation so I tried:

Guerlain/Lingerie De Peau Invisible Skin Fusion Foundation

I have never used either, but they get great reviews.

I would love the Naked or Naked 2 palette. I have Tarte for Trueblood palette and that is pretty nice though.
  • You freaking rock Kate.  Thanks! You caught me just in time.

• mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Nars blush.  Smashbox primer.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_help-me-spend-money-at-sephora?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:25c14eeb-48b0-4054-b9b3-1db387e04517Post:1d4a95b5-356a-4fea-a2d2-63839153e276">Re: Help me spend money at Sephora</a>:
    [QUOTE]You freaking rock Kate.  Thanks! You caught me just in time.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Sweet I was hoping I would catch you in time!</div>
  • Eyelashes, Dot?  Like, the fake ones?  I feel like I'd fail miserably at putting those on.  Are they pretty easy?

• Interesting.  I'm intrigued!  Thanks for the rec, I think I'll try them.

• Awesome, thanks!

• I'm glad you recommended those Dot, I was just about to buy some for le "wedding".
  • edited March 2012
    Diorshow was too clumpy for me, or else I'm just mascara-handicapped. 

Stuff I dig: Ditto previous mentions of Nars Blush. Benefit That Gal! or Dandelion. Korres lip gloss.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Good to know! There's a Sephora right down the road, so I might go grab some tomorrow.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_help-me-spend-money-at-sephora?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:25c14eeb-48b0-4054-b9b3-1db387e04517Post:c9e9ef61-256c-4a27-8f77-f95149e34719">Re: Help me spend money at Sephora</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm broken because I hate Diorshow.  I think I'm the only one in the world.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

You're not alone. I hated Diorshow so much, especially since it was like 3x the price of a normal drugstore mascara like CG Lashblast (my favorite).

Coming in late, but I'm loving the UD 24/7 eyeliner pencils, Smashbox eyeshdow trios and Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer.
    Anniversary
  • I cant believe you hate DiorShow.

I second the eyelashes.  They are super easy to put on.  My trick is I put my blowdryer on the low setting and cool to help them dry faster.  Also, do your eyeliner once everything is dried.  Liquid is better for this.

Once you get the hang of it, its so easy.  I had to learn to do it when I was 14 dancing for a ballet company.  We had these huge eyelashes, lol.  Im a pro now :)
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_help-me-spend-money-at-sephora?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:25c14eeb-48b0-4054-b9b3-1db387e04517Post:06b81f88-8298-41ab-b2ef-852bd3069525">Re: Help me spend money at Sephora</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Help me spend money at Sephora : You're not alone. I hated Diorshow so much, especially since it was like 3x the price of a normal drugstore mascara like CG Lashblast (my favorite). Coming in late, but I'm loving the UD 24/7 eyeliner pencils, Smashbox eyeshdow trios and Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer.
    Posted by trixie549[/QUOTE]

LashBlast is my favorite too!  It just must be that much more awesome than Diorshow.

False eyelashes have always scared me, but I guess I'll give them a shot.

• *skids into thread* Makeup? What are you interested in? Urban Decay and Tarte anything are pretty good. I second the 24/7 liner rec from UD. I <3 Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara from tarte and their blushes

False lashes are amazing. Get them!

Smashbox primer is pretty good, but it's not my favorite. Hourglass Mineral Veil primer is totes where it's at. You should get a BB cream and then report back. :) I just want to know what you think of it.

I wish Sephora carried Illamasqua or Inglot. There is so much I want from those places.
  • And just because I love him so much, GossMakeupArtist on YouTube has the awesomest makeup channel. Plus he has an accent, which makes watching him even more fun. MakeupByTiffanyD has good tutorials.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_help-me-spend-money-at-sephora?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:25c14eeb-48b0-4054-b9b3-1db387e04517Post:964cb428-226b-4211-b7fa-e81e32f7b9f5">Re: Help me spend money at Sephora</a>:
    [QUOTE]*skids into thread* Makeup? What are you interested in? Urban Decay and Tarte anything are pretty good. I second the 24/7 liner rec from UD. I <3 Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara from tarte and their blushes False lashes are amazing. Get them! Smashbox primer is pretty good, but it's not my favorite. Hourglass Mineral Veil primer is totes where it's at. You should get a BB cream and then report back. :) I just want to know what you think of it. <strong>I wish Sephora carried Illamasqu</strong>a or Inglot. There is so much I want from those places.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Dude- they just started carrying that one. I was looking into the foundation but didn't know what color to get.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_help-me-spend-money-at-sephora?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:25c14eeb-48b0-4054-b9b3-1db387e04517Post:009f359b-6f78-4562-acce-052dd7abc3ac">Re: Help me spend money at Sephora</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Help me spend money at Sephora : Dude- they just started carrying that one. I was looking into the foundation but didn't know what color to get.
    Posted by KateJ10[/QUOTE]
    Seriously?! This is the best news evar!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_help-me-spend-money-at-sephora?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:25c14eeb-48b0-4054-b9b3-1db387e04517Post:e760b4be-dd8d-43e6-a89f-6d75344531a2">Re: Help me spend money at Sephora</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Help me spend money at Sephora : Seriously?! This is the best news evar!
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

<div>What do you like from their line?</div>
  • The precision ink and pure pigments, and I've only ever got to try them, not owned any. I also want to try their lipstick. Plus the looks they do on their models are outrageous and pretty.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards