Snarky Brides
Options

Dress update, for whoever cares

So my mom called the boutique today and actually got to talk to the designer himself.  Lucky bitch, he answered the phone.  Every time I called, one of their girls answered and I never felt like I was getting anywhere.  I had a feeling that the designer/owner didn't really know what was going on with my dress - and he didn't.  My mom told him about it and he was pretty upset.  (the shop is owned by a gay couple - one designs the dresses, the other does mostly paperwork/orders - I'd talked to the paperwork guy)

He told her that he would get to the bottom of it and get back to her.  Okay... well, not long afterwards, the other owner (paperwork guy) called her back.  He said that my dress is scheduled to land in the US tomorrow, and then has to go through customs.  It is scheduled to arrive here next Friday (the 29th). 

Just for shiits, he did some digging on the other dress.  You know, the first dress that went to Germany.  That dress will not make it here until the Friday afterward (Nov 5).

Wedding is November 20th.  Both owners are very happy they decided to order a new dress.  I will not really be happy til the dress is here, but whatever.

So, there it is.  I feel a little better, but yeah - let's wait til next Friday and see what happens, eh?
panther

Re: Dress update, for whoever cares

• Options
    I care! I'm glad you have a date for delivery. Try to sleep now? :)
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dress-update-whoever-cares?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:270be132-b2d3-4e20-bec7-770d8f93f14ePost:6c588000-a264-482f-8664-6653e5b51fd9">Re: Dress update, for whoever cares</a>:
    [QUOTE]My mom told me that she told the designer I was having wedding nightmares about walking down the aisle in jeans and that I was a complete mess... which may or may not be true but jeez, she didn't need to tell them that.  When I do finally get in for the fitting all those <strong>people are going to think I'm a complete nutbar.
    </strong>Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

No they won't!
    they already know, duhhh

ETA- of course I'm kidding.
  • Options
    Oh and ever since you changed your sig I think it looks like the backgound is a fake curtain. There is no way a point and shoot picture could turn out that good. :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I'm glad you have an actual delivery date.  Did they give you a tracking number for the carrier?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dress-update-whoever-cares?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:270be132-b2d3-4e20-bec7-770d8f93f14ePost:971694fc-84e8-479f-bdcd-ae6beb8383e5">Re: Dress update, for whoever cares</a>:
    [QUOTE]I dunno Nates - my mom talked to them.  Who knows.  I don't care.  I just want the damn dress. That sounded bratty.  Whatever, I do what I want.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

You are not in any way bratty.  I've only heard a few things about this, and you have a right to stomp your feet and make demands. 
    Everyone here thinks you're being too nice and wants to riot the place.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Damn. I thought it was pretty bad that I spent 1/2 hour thinking the shop lost mine. I was blessed.

Good luck to you, and yes please pictures!!!!
  • Options
    YAY!

Huge relief for you. Can you effing AW pics of the dress after you get it please?! Because with all the trouble you've been through to get it, I really want to see what it looks like.
  • Options
    LTZ, I'll do the completely obnoxious thing and order KA to use a photo of me in the dress as the backdrop for SB.
    panther
  • Options
    I think she'd agree.  But only if you pose atop a unicorn shiiting rainbows and have a pissed off/dissatisfied look on your face a la Labia riding the triceratops.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dress-update-whoever-cares?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:270be132-b2d3-4e20-bec7-770d8f93f14ePost:857c61f8-e444-4a05-a4da-2aaeeffe1a73">Re: Dress update, for whoever cares</a>:
    [QUOTE]LTZ, I'll do the completely obnoxious thing and order KA to use a photo of me in the dress as the backdrop for SB.

OMFG, that would actually be hilarious.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dress-update-whoever-cares?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:270be132-b2d3-4e20-bec7-770d8f93f14ePost:77d16608-3b45-4b4f-8b82-c9b45ac08bb9">Re: Dress update, for whoever cares</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think she'd agree.  But only if you pose atop a unicorn shiiting rainbows and have a pissed off/dissatisfied look on your face a la Labia riding the triceratops.
    Posted by NatesGirl16[/QUOTE]

Did you ever know that you're my hero?
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dress-update-whoever-cares?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:270be132-b2d3-4e20-bec7-770d8f93f14ePost:fe595cf3-c94b-45b3-b700-25a0dd66b196">Re: Dress update, for whoever cares</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dress update, for whoever cares : Did you ever know that you're my hero?

Guess who just popped in?  Please ask!  I will sew you a dress personally made of unicorn tears and stardust if you do. :P
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dress-update-whoever-cares?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:270be132-b2d3-4e20-bec7-770d8f93f14ePost:062539a1-e312-4289-b5a7-54d69a4d2cfe">Re: Dress update, for whoever cares</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dress update, for whoever cares : Guess who just popped in?  Please ask!  I will sew you a dress personally made of unicorn tears and stardust if you do. :P
    Posted by NatesGirl16[/QUOTE]

TELL ME NOW
    panther
  • Options
    YAY!  When you get the dress next Friday ( because you will, after all this it has to be in ) it means another bottle of wine to celebrate! Or at least a glass! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dress-update-whoever-cares?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:270be132-b2d3-4e20-bec7-770d8f93f14ePost:73513e03-89f0-492a-b364-37cc202007af">Re: Dress update, for whoever cares</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dress update, for whoever cares : TELL ME NOW
    Look up a few threads.
  • Options
    ...Great Scott.  That was creepy.

panther
  • Options
    ALL THE TIME.  And I know it's KA.  She's watching.
    panther
  • Options
    Yay for the dress! They better kiss your ass when you pick it up!
  • Options
    AATB I am glad you are getting positive resolution on this!  :)
    "Plus who needs a purse when you have a wedding dress? Those things are like walking hobo bags just waiting to be stuffed with surprise treasures." -Wedinator.com image
  • Options
    I'm way late to this thread (stupid work), but I'm so glad you know what's going on! I'm sure it will be beautiful!
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Glad that you finally have some answers!  Can't wait to see the pictures.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards