Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

B&M Monday

I am a genius.

Last night I was driving home after dropping a friend off, and I totally pulled out right in front of a cop.  He nearly broadsided me.  So I just pulled over to the side of the road and waited for him.  Got a ticket for expired registration, only (which I deserve), which I suppose is better than it could have been.  What sucks is I'd been sitting in my car with my friend for about half an hour talking politics, and I kept thinking, "If only we'd been just a bit more or a bit less involved in what we were talking about, I would have missed this guy."

This is a P&R, I think.  We have inservice and I'm a presenter, so I can't really be on my phone.
Anniversary

Re: B&M Monday

• Ugh Amanda that sucks.
    I guess my only B&M is that FI's dad won't get the guest list with addresses back to me.
    I also B&M our tiny tiny apartment that I am less motivated each day to keep tidy. I used to keep it spotless and as everything accumulates (including dog hair), I just don't even care anymore.
    I'm so ready to move.
  • Carrie, that is precisely how I feel about unpacking. Why bother if I'll just have to re-box everything in June?
    Anniversary

• YES. Scotty moved back from LA in December, and so much of his stuff in my tiny tiny apartment is still boxed up, and his computer setup in on the dining room table since we sold his desk back in LA.
    And by computer setup I mean 2 monitors, some sort of 8x10 pad that comes with a pen for drawing, an HD printer, and other random attachments.
    And because of all this stuff being in the dining room we had to reinstitute the (very large) crate so the dog wouldn't go on an all-electronics diet when left alone. When it was just me there was nothing left around that could be eaten.
    Just 6 more months....
  • Don't have an B&M's this morning! Glad the weather is nice today. Although, was did stay up until almost 1:00 this morning watching Revenge...three more episodes and we're caught up!
  • It's Monday and I'm not in bed. 

I will never...ever buy a used house ever again.
  • The only thing I have to B&M is people who drive in the center lane of the highway going 10 mph UNDER the speed limit and refuse to move over to the right, either because they don't know they're going slow or because they're so busy texting they don't notice (as was the case this morning).

Other than that my drive in was the best it's been in, well, forever. Hurray for bank holidays!
    **Planning Bio** UPDATED! 4/9/12 Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Kathleen, I so hate you're going through this! We bought a pre-owned home, and have had NO problems what-so-ever. Of course our previous owners kept this house in immaculate condition. :-(
  • Crash...that's my main B&M too...I haven't slept in about a week because of moving and a spontantous drive to Shreveport to get a license and drive back, work, etc. Today I have the task of work, confirm the officiant, 2 venues, pay off a ticket, unpack everything, and get a very good nap in. 

Poor Kitty, I feel bad he has to move again, he gets so scared! At least at the new place its the first floor so he can't jump off a balcony and fall off like he did the other day....of course he's the reason I had to move in the first place (landlord). 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-111?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:0b8cc08f-59af-48fb-9929-b578c57eb0bcPost:f2c792de-3859-4095-b365-d7b4766d2ded">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kathleen, I so hate you're going through this! We bought a pre-owned home, and have had NO problems what-so-ever. Of course our previous owners kept this house in immaculate condition. :-(
    Posted by winechic25[/QUOTE]
    Well, in all reality it's probably those that I chose to do business with. 
    I'm pretty sure the ants came in with the furniture. That was part of our home inspection and it came back clean. I don't think they just spontaneously appear.<div>
    </div><div>I am calling Rooms To Go today to see what they will do if the exterminator finds the ants came with the furniture. (Read:They're going to come get it and replace it or refund my money.) </div><div>
    </div><div>Other than that everything has been okay. I just wish it didn't all have to happen at one time.  </div><div>We will be getting a new stove/oven soon though. I cleaned it yesterday and ended up with spray paint on my sponge. BOO.</div>
  • angelsong21angelsong21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-111?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:0b8cc08f-59af-48fb-9929-b578c57eb0bcPost:e57ee762-67bb-47a9-a948-72e9b5e31177">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M Monday : Well, in all reality it's probably those that I chose to do business with.  I'm pretty sure the ants came in with the furniture. That was part of our home inspection and it came back clean. I don't think they just spontaneously appear. I am calling Rooms To Go today to see what they will do if the exterminator finds the ants came with the furniture. (Read:They're going to come get it and replace it or refund my money.)  Other than that everything has been okay. I just wish it didn't all have to happen at one time.   We will be getting a new stove/oven soon though. I cleaned it yesterday and ended up with spray paint on my sponge. BOO.
    Posted by crash2729[/QUOTE]

Oy, crash -- your house stores make me nervous!  :-/  I bought from Rooms to Go once and would never buy from them again, especially a mattress.

My B&Ms including getting a random migraine headache last night, not having enough time to study for my test tomorrow, calling in sick to work today because I feel like crap, and most importantly.... getting to tell our realtor I don't think we're going to take the house.  I feel like a douchecanoe for putting down an offer and changing our minds but this can't be that uncommon, can it?
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-111?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:0b8cc08f-59af-48fb-9929-b578c57eb0bcPost:e0a96860-c1a5-46a1-9898-d1ea7dddb618">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M Monday : Oy, crash -- your house stores make me nervous!  :-/  I bought from Rooms to Go once and would never buy from them again, especially a mattress. My B&Ms including getting a random migraine headache last night, not having enough time to study for my test tomorrow, calling in sick to work today because I feel like crap, and most importantly.... getting to tell our realtor I don't think we're going to take the house.  I feel like a douchecanoe for putting down an offer and<strong> changing our minds but this can't be that uncommon, can it?</strong>
    Posted by angelsong21[/QUOTE]
    Nope. FMIL has done this multiple times with their last two houses. <div>Better to feel like a douchecanoe than to be stuck in a house you were lukewarm on in the first place.
    <div>
    </div><div>Well,Word to the wise: </div><div>1.Don't buy from a flip company-if you do, and they start being shady.Run. :)</div><div>2.Don't buy from Texas Appliance </div><div>
    </div><div>Not buying from RTG makes me sad, we bought our couch from there and I love it so I'll be really disappointed if the ants came with the furniture. </div><div>I just know it didn't come with any of our stuff because we didn't have carpenter ants, and in Jan when we had the inspection done we were clear. So I just don't know anymore.</div><div>
    </div><div>But also, when you decide to go through on a house, I highly recommend our inspector. He's a little pricey but it was worth it. Just PM me when/if you want it.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div></div>
  • Lindsay Lohan on SNL March 3. What did I do to deserve such greatness????
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-111?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:0b8cc08f-59af-48fb-9929-b578c57eb0bcPost:41ac89a8-9c13-47c4-b174-0e917f40929f">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M Monday : Nope. FMIL has done this multiple times with their last two houses.  Better to feel like a douchecanoe than to be stuck in a house you were lukewarm on in the first place. Well,Word to the wise:  1.Don't buy from a flip company-if you do, and they start being shady.Run. :) 2.Don't buy from Texas Appliance  Not buying from RTG makes me sad, we bought our couch from there and I love it so I'll be really disappointed if the ants came with the furniture.  I just know it didn't come with any of our stuff because we didn't have carpenter ants, and in Jan when we had the inspection done we were clear. So I just don't know anymore. But also, when you decide to go through on a house, I highly recommend our inspector. He's a little pricey but it was worth it. Just PM me when/if you want it.

RTG has  a couch I LOVE but I'd really have to think about it before buying.  Myself and my mom had a bad experience with RTG on quality and ease of returns/exchanges. They do have some really cute stuff though.  I say all this now and then we'll end up buying from there because their prices are right.

We'll definitely take the name of your inspector when the time comes!

Just talked to our Realtor and we terminated the contract.  Yaaay, and now I feel even worse.
  • um, so... we are DIYing our invitations, FI designed our invites and uploaded them to Uprint for printing.  We got our invitations in the mail and he spelled my middle name wrong!  :(  (i have an unusual spelling)

he also capitalized the And in between our names.

i really hate to spend the money to re-order these Frown

<sigh>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-111?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:0b8cc08f-59af-48fb-9929-b578c57eb0bcPost:f0f6d402-eb94-49fc-b091-66767440b69f">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lindsay Lohan on SNL March 3. What did I do to deserve such greatness????
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

Yes! I heard this week's was awesome. I have missed so many this season cause I quit DVring them.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-111?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:0b8cc08f-59af-48fb-9929-b578c57eb0bcPost:f2a7a1f2-e5ca-4b34-902b-b3457a114937">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M Monday : RTG has  a couch I LOVE but I'd really have to think about it before buying.  Myself and my mom had a bad experience with RTG on quality and ease of returns/exchanges. They do have some really cute stuff though.  I say all this now and then we'll end up buying from there because their prices are right. We'll definitely take the name of your inspector when the time comes! Just talked to our Realtor and we terminated the contract. <strong> Yaaay, and now I feel even worse.</strong>
    Don't feel bad. Sometimes you just don't mesh with people and that's okay. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-111?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:0b8cc08f-59af-48fb-9929-b578c57eb0bcPost:eb41f0d1-29e3-4ec9-9519-bfac27daf728">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M Monday : Don't feel bad. Sometimes you just don't mesh with people and that's okay. 

We terminated the contract on the house, not the contract with our REA.  I should have been more clear, sorry.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-111?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:0b8cc08f-59af-48fb-9929-b578c57eb0bcPost:381b69f1-fef4-4a05-8b9d-0e82c8a1aa12">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M Monday : We terminated the contract on the house, not the contract with our REA.  I should have been more clear, sorry.
    Oh, well still. That's nothing to feel bad about. 
    It will all be okay. :)
  • My lovely neighbors that I'm talked about before had a Jerry Springer style fight last night complete with endless FBombs and throwing things.  The cops were called and the girl (worst offender) was asked to leave.  I hope she never comes back.  Uhgg!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The only thing I dislike about not working on bank holidays is that I have business to take care of with government agencies, and they are closed as well. I would LOVE to not have to take a half day off work to get my name changed at DPS.

• I still have no invitations. 

I'm seriously thinking about telling her to keep them and my deposit and going to get some target ones if she doesn't have them by tomorrow. 

This is ridiculous. I'm starting to think at this point that she didn't even order them and is now trying to buy herself some time.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-111?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:0b8cc08f-59af-48fb-9929-b578c57eb0bcPost:78042325-59c9-40a1-b47e-b8784de055e2">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I still have no invitations.  I'm seriously thinking about telling her to keep them and my deposit and going to get some target ones if she doesn't have them by tomorrow.  This is ridiculous. I'm starting to think at this point that she didn't even order them and is now trying to buy herself some time.

Do I sense an invite making G2G soon?
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-111?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:0b8cc08f-59af-48fb-9929-b578c57eb0bcPost:78042325-59c9-40a1-b47e-b8784de055e2">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I still have no invitations.  I'm seriously thinking about telling her to keep them and my deposit and going to get some target ones if she doesn't have them by tomorrow.  This is ridiculous. I'm starting to think at this point that she didn't even order them and is now trying to buy herself some time.

You're KIDDING me. Wow... unbelievable.  I'm so sorry, Kathleen.  If I were you, I would probably be reconsidering my options right now too unless she can show you proof of purchase and some sort of tracking info showing where the materials are right now.  I would ask for my deposit back... at least part of it.

If it were me, I would probably go ahead and look for other options.  And I'm sure we can have an invite G2G like Wendi said!
  • So I am a nerd, and I got on vistaprint to creat new return labels today. I love their labels that you can customize with little characters of you and your family and pets. I may or may not put off sending thank you cards just so I can put those on the envelopes :)
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-111?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:0b8cc08f-59af-48fb-9929-b578c57eb0bcPost:e01c6dc4-08db-447e-9fd6-26b3bb91b676">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I am a nerd, and I got on vistaprint to creat new return labels today. I love their labels that you can customize with <strong>little characters of you and your family and pets. </strong>I may or may not put off sending thank you cards just so I can put those on the envelopes :)
    Posted by FebDallasBride[/QUOTE]
    I may have to order these for my TY notes.<div>
    </div><div>Invite G2G? 
    Idk about that...our house is still in the "let's live out fo boxes" phase of unpacking. </div><div>We'll see when they get here though. lol. 

Which better be tomorrow. Or I may just flip my ish.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-111?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:0b8cc08f-59af-48fb-9929-b578c57eb0bcPost:e567f864-b81f-42a8-af36-edf946c54aef">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M Monday : I may have to order these for my TY notes. Invite G2G?  Idk about that...our house is still in the "let's live out fo boxes" phase of unpacking.  We'll see when they get here though. lol.  Which better be tomorrow. Or I may just flip my ish.

We can just go takeover some tables at L&W for an evening. They won't mind I'm sure ;)

I seriously hope it doesn't come down to you flipping your ish, though
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-111?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:0b8cc08f-59af-48fb-9929-b578c57eb0bcPost:e01c6dc4-08db-447e-9fd6-26b3bb91b676">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I am a nerd, and I got on vistaprint to creat new return labels today. I love their labels that you can customize with little characters of you and your family and pets. I may or may not<strong> put off sending thank you cards</strong> just so I can put those on the envelopes :)

Triple dog dare you to post that on the Etiquette board.
  • angelsong21angelsong21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-111?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:0b8cc08f-59af-48fb-9929-b578c57eb0bcPost:fc9a35b1-f502-402a-81ed-d3200305fc4d">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M Monday : We can just go takeover some tables at L&W for an evening. They won't mind I'm sure ;) I seriously hope it doesn't come down to you flipping your ish, though

Ditto.  Pretty sure we can find somewhere to take over a few tables and get to work.  We'll try not to glue things on crooked after a few drinks.  Or maybe all of your invites will be margarita scented.  That could be awesome.  I'm just sayin'.

I'd offer up our apartment but we couldn't fit many people in a 16x9 space I don't think.
  • Wendi, I ordered some labels when they were free and got them within the week.  and they are awesome.

Also, I just got the last of my TY cards mailed Saturday, so there.
    Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-111?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:0b8cc08f-59af-48fb-9929-b578c57eb0bcPost:bd826755-39ec-4f02-b480-2d8202e17e6f">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M Monday : Triple dog dare you to post that on the Etiquette board.
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

LOL those girls don't wanna get into my ish.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards