Snarky Brides

CN Please

So it appears that my job/sickness/life in general is getting in the way of my keeping up with TK gossip...

Can someone please tell me what happened on the May 2011 board? I believe that all the lurid details contained in threads are gone so I can't catch up that way...Or is it now in the realm of Lord Voldermort/CallOutSite/ThingsWeCannotName...

Sigh...why do I always miss the fun stuff?

If you can't give me cliff notes entertain me in other ways...

Re: CN Please

• I'm not sure, but they shunned my vowel renewal.

::sniffffffff::
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    2500 Comments Fourth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2010
    It started with a May11'er talking on E about something a girl wrote on the club board. It was really benign really, like she didn't like Thank You cards or something. I missed a bunch and some threads got deleted, but a May 11'er went BSC and went over to E and called people a bunch of names. Then somehow it went back over to May and people were just having fun with her then. The May 11 mod kind of went power crazy and called BSC girl to the principles office.
  • hmmm...

this begs the question: if you could renew a vowel, which would you choose to renew? I feel like 'u' gets overlooked since it's last on the list (unless you count 'y').

Can you renew a consonant?
  • Hahaha ummm there was some E drama and then may 11's started posting there and being bitches, so I started posting there and other SBers appeared and ten they freaked out and thought for most of the night we were Eers and called us all sorts of mean names and we just talked about amaretto and baby stickers and the mod went crazy and moved our posts and closed a bunch of posts and then basically said we won and we now own may 2011.

Oh and cew is getting married in space this coming may.
  • I missed the part where you guys won. Sweet!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_cn-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:28cdb4d0-badf-4698-b9ea-dd77ca795ad6Post:85775340-3496-4ff7-8ddc-bab204990780">Re: CN Please</a>:
    [QUOTE]It started with a May11'er talking on E about something a girl wrote on the club board. It was really benign really, like she didn't like Thank You cards or something. I missed a bunch and some threads got deleted, but a May 11'er went BSC and went over to E and called people a bunch of names. Then somehow it went back over to May and people were just having fun with her then. The May 11 mod kind of went power crazy and called BSC girl to the principles office.
    Posted by Birdie1483[/QUOTE]

<div>Hmm...I know some people who wouldn't think that not liking Thank you cards is benign but that is besides the point.</div><div>
    </div><div>IF YOU DELETE THE THREADS I CAN'T READ THEM! Silly Mods...(not you Jas).</div>
  • We always win.
  • I think the SBers and Eers won when the May 11 mod admitted that aside from being obnoxious, the SBers and Eers weren't doing anything wrong, and she chastised her own girls.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_cn-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:28cdb4d0-badf-4698-b9ea-dd77ca795ad6Post:b11610ff-7c86-432c-bb1f-f3a07ce2d3ea">Re: CN Please</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hahaha ummm there was some E drama and then may 11's started posting there and being bitches, so I started posting there and other SBers appeared and ten they freaked out and thought for most of the night we were Eers and called us all sorts of mean names and we just talked about amaretto and baby stickers and the mod went crazy and moved our posts and closed a bunch of posts and then basically said we won and we now own may 2011. Oh and cew is getting married in space this coming may.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

<div>This makes me understand the E/SB aspect of it...that part confused me...</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • Muauahahaha it was pretty sweet when she did that.
  • Do you get medals for the win? I could make you medals...
  • ohh....I could make medals that say "SB owns May 2011"!
  • THREADJACK:: Clearly I haven't been around! When were you made our new Mod Jas?!?! Yay you! :)

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_cn-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:28cdb4d0-badf-4698-b9ea-dd77ca795ad6Post:2beddd7c-1e6e-4c51-91d6-fc40b46952ab">Re: CN Please</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: CN Please : Hmm...I know some people who wouldn't think that not liking Thank you cards is benign but that is besides the point. IF YOU DELETE THE THREADS I CAN'T READ THEM! Silly Mods...(not you Jas).
    Posted by number55[/QUOTE]

Well, I missed how it moved to E, but the original convo on May 11 was pretty benign (In E/SB terms). BSC girl said she didn't like Thank You cards and the mkrupar who posts on E said something like "I don't agree with you I think they're thoughtful" or something along the lines. Definitely not mean IMO. Then apparently the girl flipped out that mkrupar mentioned it somewhere on E. I missed that part though because by the time I came back all of the posts where she went crazy had been deleted.
  • I WOULD like a medal that says that
  • Thanks Star.)

So, what are the spoils of this war? Besides street cred, of course.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_cn-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:28cdb4d0-badf-4698-b9ea-dd77ca795ad6Post:0755a38d-4e3e-46a8-bc1c-f0370c065e3a">Re: CN Please</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: CN Please : Well, I missed how it moved to E, but the original convo on May 11 was pretty benign (In E/SB terms). BSC girl said she didn't like Thank You cards and the mkrupar who posts on E said something like "I don't agree with you I think they're thoughtful" or something along the lines. Definitely not mean IMO. Then apparently the girl flipped out that mkrupar mentioned it somewhere on E. I missed that part though because by the time I came back all of the posts where she went crazy had been deleted.
    Posted by Birdie1483[/QUOTE]

<div>A oui oui...this happened once when I was a newb, on Oct 2010, involving Mery. I was scared of E/SB then. Funny how things change...</div>
  • Jas, it was pretty entertaining for a slow Friday night! :)
  • I am making a medal, give me a few minutes...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_cn-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:28cdb4d0-badf-4698-b9ea-dd77ca795ad6Post:628ea316-d543-4bba-9e14-56c89d15e078">Re: CN Please</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: CN Please : A oui oui...this happened once when I was a newb, on Oct 2010, involving Mery. I was scared of E/SB then. Funny how things change...

Yeah I was really confused at first because it was probably one of the nicest disagreements that I've seen, but the girl flipped out! I think it also helped that it was a slow afternoon/night.
  • Here you go...hopefully you can screen cap it or something...

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_cn-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:28cdb4d0-badf-4698-b9ea-dd77ca795ad6Post:d677953c-5dda-4174-ab25-175eb3f9afc3">Re: CN Please</a>:
    [QUOTE]Here you go...hopefully you can screen cap it or something...

<div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>you friggin rock numbers.</div>

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • HAHAHAHAHA I love that. I need to save it on my other computer.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_cn-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:28cdb4d0-badf-4698-b9ea-dd77ca795ad6Post:628ea316-d543-4bba-9e14-56c89d15e078">Re: CN Please</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: CN Please : A oui oui...this happened once when I was a newb, on Oct 2010, involving Mery. I was scared of E/SB then. Funny how things change...

I JUST said something about that on the May 11 board.  That was my old board.  I was the one that started it all.  I didn't mean to.  But it happened.  I said that board was so full of puppies and rainbows that I couldn't handle it, and that people had their wedding planned completely from 18 months out and it made me feel like I was a crazy for not having mine planned too.

Then they cried about it for a long time and yelled at Mery.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • It moved to E bc on the fb chat for may 2011 ms.jess & goezer were saying that they didn't feel safe posting on their own board, threatening to leave tk, and asked the mod to move the posts. They were being slightly ridculous about it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_cn-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:28cdb4d0-badf-4698-b9ea-dd77ca795ad6Post:2ce96d4f-9ec9-408d-bdcf-516d71dc49e8">Re: CN Please</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: CN Please : I JUST said something about that on the May 11 board.  That was my old board.  I was the one that started it all.  I didn't mean to.  But it happened.  I said that board was so full of puppies and rainbows that I couldn't handle it, and that people had their wedding planned completely from 18 months out and it made me feel like I was a crazy for not having mine planned too. Then they cried about it for a long time and yelled at Mery.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>It must have happened more than once then because I remember the OP and it wasn't you! Mery had more or less posted something she said on E and then someone else brought that back to the Oct. board (or is that what you mean by you started it all?)</div>
  • HAH they didn't feel safe. They were the ones slinging the insults. The E/SB girls were being VERY nice IMO.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_cn-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:28cdb4d0-badf-4698-b9ea-dd77ca795ad6Post:9b0686c6-9a8f-457d-b93c-0c49e8d06cf7">Re: CN Please</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: CN Please : An E girl posted on E (I think paging another E girl who happened to be in the original may 2011 conversation about the TY's) and said something like "their avatars are puppies and rainbows now, haha"  and a may 2011 crazy came over and was all "don't run to your board and talk behind our backs!"
    Posted by bree4305[/QUOTE]

Ahhh I see! I had been lurking around lunchtime and then went to do actual work for a bit. By the time I got back on a bunch of stuff had happened and been deleted.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_cn-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:28cdb4d0-badf-4698-b9ea-dd77ca795ad6Post:e7cf241d-e9ae-4cc1-bd37-510d0b4a5455">Re: CN Please</a>:
    [QUOTE]It moved to E bc on the fb chat for may 2011 ms.jess & goezer were saying that they didn't feel safe posting on their own board, threatening to leave tk, and asked the mod to move the posts. They were being slightly ridculous about it.
    Posted by cha+ching[/QUOTE]
    WHAT WHAT WHAAAAT!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards