Snarky Brides

Worst weddings?

Re: Worst weddings?

• oooh brilibby, cash bar before the ceremony? That is the third worst wedding I went to. Same thing. People were wasted and actually brought a trasistor radio to the beach where the ceremony was in order to follow the yankees game. They high fived through out the ceremony. No one seemed to care so I finally said something to them and MIL ended up telling me I embarassed her by saying something. Don't worry, later I got a chance to tell MIL she embarassed Mike by getting high (weed). YEAH.

Oh, and this was the bride who asked me not to wear my ering at her party.

Oh, and this was the one where the catering company would come around and arm sweep the entire table of dirty dished in the bus bucket in one motion making LOUD noises. There was also not enough seating.

The brides favorite song at the time was, "move your body like a cyclone" and it played ALL night. We requested some Van Morrison and the bride got mad.
  • edited October 2010
    These stories are crazy. FI and I have been to about 9 weddings in the last 6 years or so, and I after reading this I guess I've never been to a bad wedding. Some better than others? Sure, but nothing like anything some of you have experienced.

• ANd a random side note: I HATE HATE HATE when the bm and MOH make their speches all about them. I have seen it so many times where they go on and on about themselves.

Can you tell I get fired up about this stuff?
  • I hate saying that even though I had a great time, i went to a wedding where there weren't enough seats for everyone in the main room.  The parents of the bride and groom reserved seats for their close family and friends, and the rest of us really had to manage in bar type seating.   The booked a venue that couldn't hold the people they invited.  The overflow was in the bar of the yacht club it was at...where because it's a club, members were having dinner.  Also, the Yankee Game AND the Giant Game were up on TVs, so most of the guys were there watching the game. 

Because it was 2 rooms we coudln't tell what was going on in the main room.
    Most weddings are pretty similar and awesome, but i just question the Bride's choice here.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_worst-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:28db8cdd-1458-4572-b31c-e2f9593f6e7dPost:13e3d01d-ed4e-4514-a4bf-8966dfdfee5f">Re: Worst weddings?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hate saying that even though I had a great time, i went to a wedding where there weren't enough seats for everyone in the main room.  The parents of the bride and groom reserved seats for their close family and friends, and the rest of us really had to manage in bar type seating.   The booked a venue that couldn't hold the people they invited.  The overflow was in the bar of the yacht club it was at..<strong>.where because it's a club, members were having dinner. </strong> Also, the Yankee Game AND the Giant Game were up on TVs, so most of the guys were there watching the game.  Because it was 2 rooms we coudln't tell what was going on in the main room. Most weddings are pretty similar and awesome, but i just question the Bride's choice here.
    Posted by lisalou402[/QUOTE]

Wow. I am shocked that A) the members wanted to be there when there was a wedding going on with tons of non members they dont know and 2) The bride was allowed to have her wedding there without renting out the whole club so as not to bother the members
  • My stepbrother's wedding was outside at my Dad's house this past April. It has been warm all week, but there was this bizarre cold front that came through and it didn't get above 45 all day. It even started to sleet during their first dance!

One of the big vases of flowers in sand fell & broke just as the bride was entering, and we all had to stand through the ceremony in shards of glass. The tent my Dad rented for the DJ blew over. The fish my stepmom insisted on putting in little vases of water on the tables outside froze to death.

All 50 guests ended up crammed in my Dad's small 3 bedroom house, crowded around the bar getting plastered & eating bad potluck. Did I mention they rushed this wedding because my Dad was planning to divorce my stepmom and wanted to get her 19 year old son out of the house before doing so?Foot in mouth
  • Lenore- Was this wedding, by chance, a 10-10-10 wedding? I have to ask because it is so ironic you posted this morning when I came back from a hell of a weekend. H's brother and my MOH.

Outdoor October wedding. Long story short, we showed up as guests and ended up catering it for free. Yes, you read that right. Father of groom unplugged refrigerator with one day's worth of meatballs on Friday night. Bride's parents had an attitude about us using their kitchen (?!). It was a downpour of rain with inadequate cover. People just stayed and got wet. They covered the tables with paper decorations and lanterns. AAAAH. I'm actually still recovering from all the wrongs that were done, Not totally ready to talk about it in detail.

Then there is the ever-popular "zinger" wedding. Not enough chairs. Done during a free christian rock concert next door. Can't talk about the food. Zingers and ding dongs to dip in the chocolate fountain. 5 Jolly ranchers at each 8-top. The colors were mint green, black, white, and bright red.... Okay, I sound like Judgey McJudgerson, but it was just bad.

Photobucket
  • reddy.. ok how did u end up as the caterers?!?!

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • My H is a chef, and when they told us it was a back yard wedding, H said up front he would help prep the two days before, but the day-of he wanted to be there, ya know, at his brother's wedding, not working. Well, we show up and they basically planned for us to be stuck into doing it, because we love them and they didn't have anyone else. Like literally, the whole bride's side does not cook. I think that's why they pitched such a hissy fit of us cooking in their house, which is a whole other story.

It was actually a really hurtful weekend, because the bride was my MOH, the groom was a GM, and we felt like just 'the help' at their wedding. I was going to post a whole 'worst wedding ever' post with pics and the like, but I am honestly a little too shell-shocked of how crazy it really got.
    Photobucket
  • reddy I am so sorry. That sounds hurtful... particularly since these are people you cared so much about and had involved at your wedding. did the b&g ever say thank you at least?

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Yeah, they said thank-you and that they wanted to get us a nice gift. I got a big hug from everyone on Groom's side and they really meant their thank-you's, especially the groom. However, the bride's side (excluding the bride) never gave us anything but attitude the whole weekend, which H is over the thank-you, right now he wants an apology!

I'm chill with the b&g just because I love 'em and I would still do anything for them. I just wish things were a little more organized. There were no scheduals, no anything.  H jokes that we planned and executed a wedding in 3 days, but it's no joke, we did it. I found out later the MOB said the quote, "I paid for everything, so I'm not doing anything." As horrendous as this statement is for a backyard wedding in HER backyard, I actually wish she just would've said it to my face the first day, so I would've known not to keep asking her for help. BAAH, sorry, I obviously need to hire a therapist to get over this weekend, lol.

The good news is: B&G got married, it was a nice, cute ceremony, they looked great, even though it rained for the reception everyone just got wet and pretended it was fine, and the B&G seemed happy at the end of the day. (must.focus.on.positive.)
    Photobucket
  • edited October 2010
    Haha I hate to post it but I have one. My friend got married in June and I understand, have the wedding you can pay for... but I don't think this was the right way to do a wedding. Their whole wedding was probably under $1k. I spent about that much to be in it because it was 500 miles away. She planned while he was in boot camp and stuff. She could have worked but decided she just didn't want to because "she's okay just being taken care of".

First off, at the ceremony there wasn't enough seating for everyone, by around half. Then the guy who married them kept going on and on about how the wife was to obey the husband and the husband was to obey God, how it was her duty to have his children, cook his meals, do his bidding and listen but not speak... etc etc just basically raising up men while bashing women. I was astonished, but he kept yelling "Can I get an ayyyy-men" and the grooms whole family was standing up in the front row, blocking everyones view, saying "mmmmhmmmm" and saying their amens and stuff, like it was a church service. This guy went on for probably 25 minutes.

Then the reception was potluck. But we weren't allowed to eat until the bride and groom ate. That took about 30 minutes to get pictures figured out, meanwhile flies are gathering and warm food is getting cold and cold food is getting warm. The groom changed from his uniform into a white t-shirt and black basketball shorts and flip flops, there weren't even any pictures of the bride and groom together aside from at the altar. One of the grooms uncles changed into a Lakers jersey. After the BM and MOH speeches, probably like 20 more members of the grooms family stood up and cried and said their 5 minute spiels, and it took about an hour to listen to speeches.

Then they had a small cake smashing session. One of the grooms sisters practically attacked the rest of the girls for the bouquet toss, she was insane. After those things, we sat and watched the B&G open presents at the wedding for 30 minutes.

Wow, novel, sorry. At the end of the day they were married and I was more than happy for them, and I really do feel like a lot of these things happened because the grooms family helped my friend plan the wedding from 500 miles away. But the day of, I was kind of bummed for her that all these things happened on her wedding day, because she was kind of a doormat about all these details.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_worst-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:28db8cdd-1458-4572-b31c-e2f9593f6e7dPost:f97bf4a1-1cc5-4d2e-9c88-99f3821220b8">Re: Worst weddings?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've talked about this before, but where I live there's this tradition of "stealing" the bride and groom.  The groomsmen will take the bride and the bridesmaids will take the groom, to local bars, during the reception, and come back trashed. I was a bridesmaid for a friend a couple years ago and she made us do this - it was awful.  They waited til after the ceremony to do pictures and they took forever - so the guests were waiting at the reception for nearly two hours.  Then we left the reception for an hour and a half to get the bride and groom drunk.  It was stupid.  And RUDE. A wedding I attended last year, the bridal party left immediately after the wedding to get plowed and showed up two hours into the reception.  All the guests had to wait to eat, and the bridal party was just trashed.  It was embarassing. We are not doing this tradition at our wedding.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

I think it's a MidWest thing.....because I've been to weddings where they do this as well.

The only bar we are going to after the ceremony is a bar/grill that FI and I met at, just to get a few pictures, maybe treat the BP to a drink.  Other than that, all drinking is done at the reception.
  • I haven't been to many weddings, but sadly, the ones that stand out are my own relatives!
    wedding 1)  Cousin shows up very late for her own wedding, supposed to take pics before, so that didn't happen.  Everybody was asking where is the bride...she is with the MOH.  apparantly she didn't like her hair so she made the stylist start from scratch.  Her strap broke on her dress before the ceremony (probably because she was in such a rush to get in it).  All pictures that were to be taken before wedding had to be taken after.  Guests wait for hours on end.  Bride wants pictures at the arches (university of Georgia campus).  It was raining, and despite the wedding planners best efforts to keep from it, Bride insisted.  So they began shuttling the wedding party to the arches for pictures in the rain.  oh, I can't forget her superbad fake lashes, looked like she had spiders on her eyes.

wedding 2)  my other cousin said he was having his wedding in an Old plantation style house.  We thought 'oh, how nice'.  Turns out it was just an old house downtown and the ceremony was basically held in the parking lot and her family was sitting in lawn chairs (reminded me of that redneck wedding show)  My other cousin (the one from previous wedding)  was doing the catering as a wedding gift and since she and her hubby are awesome cooks.  She got a late start so my mom and sis and myself were helping her cook stuff up until time to leave for the wedding.  She ended up missing the ceremony.  the ceremony didn't take long and everyone made a beeline for the house.  food wasn't ready, hadn't been set out, etc and there was a hoard of big hungry country folks trampling through the house.  my sis, other cousin and I ended up helping in the kitchen so the food could get put out and my cousin wouldn't lose her mind.  She kept saying "I wasn't ready I wasn't ready!"  we got the young kids to carry out the hour deouvre trays (don't know houw to spell that) while we stayed in the kitchen.  missed most of the reception (but we were eating in the kitchen,sshhh).  Bride and groom were leaving straight from the ceremony but forgot luggage so someone had to go back to their house to get it.  while everyone waited, and waited.  guess they aren't too bad compared to some on here!!

sorry so long!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • The worst wedding I ever went to was last summer.  In the ceremony the bridal couple wanted everyone to clap their hands and sing along to a song that no one but those two and the pastor knew.  Even their vocalists struggled with the song!  The reception was even worse!  About 95% of the guests left for the bar around the corner before the couple even cut the cake!  Just ate dinner and high tailed it to the bar!  Those that stayed either felt sorry for the couple or weren't big on drinking.  The reception was a dry reception and the music was limited to christian, rat pack, and oldies.  If you asked for a song from the 1960s or later or was out of genre the DJ was forced to tell you that he did not have that song even though you saw he had the exact CD needed to play the requested song. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was in a wedding earlier this year. It started off with the rehearsal dinner being a potluck.  The next day, the ceremony was outside, in the woods, where it was hot and humid and there were swarms of mosquitoes. It was 45minutes long,   I left the ceremony with giant welts on my body. Finally, the reception was ok- except for the fact that it was in an unairconditioned building in the middle of summer. Needless to say, when I get married outside in June 2011, I won't require my guests to feed themselves at the rehearsal or reception, the ceremony will be fairly short, and the reception will be in an airconditioned venue
  • AbiPutnamAbiPutnam member
    First Comment
    edited October 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_worst-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:28db8cdd-1458-4572-b31c-e2f9593f6e7dPost:1a0599a8-355a-4c96-829e-d40a1daeab9d">Re: Worst weddings?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The sister of my best friend in high school, also the pastor's oldest daughter.  Ultra conservative wedding - which was not the issue but it made for a kind of boring - no dancing because they don't believe in that and absolutely no drinking for the same reason.  The reason it was the worst: An hour before the wedding I get a call from her "wedding host" (the person who paid, not her parents, which is a whole other issue I had with the wedding.  Basically she had a family in the church "sponsor" her wedding - aka pay for it) screaming at me wanting to know where I was.  I was like wtf are you talking about.  Apparently I was supposed to be at the church two hours prior to the wedding because I was the guest book attendant.  One little issue though - the bride never ASKED me to be the stupid guest book attendant.  I was so pissed.  I'm not having a guest book attendant because it made me feel like the loser who wasn't good enough to be a bridesmaid and wasn't even good enough to be asked in advance to be the attendant.  I know most people have them but this is just my opinion.
    Posted by shaydenise[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with you.  We're not having a guest book attendant and we're not asking anyone to pass out programs at the ceremony.

At one wedding, I was asked to take photographs of the guests as they came into the cocktail hour, so the bride could make a photo guestbook after the wedding.  Not only did people ask me if I was the photographer's assistant, and ask me for a drink because they thought I worked for the hotel, I also missed the cocktail hour (the best part of any wedding), and had to have my fiance bring me drinks while I stood by the entrance.  Terrible.
  • I think every wedding involves a special something. And if you don't like it no one said you had to go. To knit pick at someone else's wedding is quite snobby. Especially if that person meant well and spent a lot of time and money planning it. Would you want someone knit picking at your wedding?

I don't think so!

In situations like a "worst" wedding you should be calm and NEVER lead on to the bride and groom you are uncomfortable! Just the expression on your face can freak them out, make for horrid pics and destroy friendships!

Next time you find yourself at a bad wedding make the best of it!
    Suck it up ladies! After all we were built tougher than men! 
  • Heh.

I was not at this wedding, but my crazy ex-fiancee got married last weekend... and proceeded to go back to stalking me when he should have been on his honeymoon.

That's all. Carry on.
  • Dont know why people keep talking about a "cash bar"! Who cares? If you cant afford to drink the dont! the b&g fork out thousands to have people who are supposed to care take part in their big day! I am Irish marrying an american - we are forking over $50 per person for a nice meal and will provide wine with that - but that is seriously as far as it goes. I certaintly would not pick having an open bar over a nice honeymoon or new jeep like some user would expect. A wedding is a beautiful thing that seems to be more about the haves and the monetary aspect than it is about love, truth and happiness! 
  • I have been to some iffy weddings, but there's one in particular that takes the cake (so to speak):

Many years ago, my FI and I went together to watch a friend of his from grad school get married. Backstory: the groom was not religious, but his bride was, and she forced him to convert to Catholicism before they would get married. So there's that, already in our minds, as we arrive to this wedding. We get to the wedding, which as you can imagine is in a Catholic church, and it's one of those long dull Catholic ceremonies, and everyone got up halfway through to take communion (I'm atheist, so I just sat right there on my pew thankyouverymuch, but it was uncomfortable). Finally the ceremony's over, but the reception, which is at a second church, isn't for another two hours. What to do for two hours? So we drove around (literally) for two hours before heading over to church 2.

We get to church 2 and are looking for a parking spot, when I notice a long table with a ruffly white tablecloth and a big orange Igloo cooler sitting on the back patio. You're thinking, ok, so it's an outdoor reception, no big deal. Except that it was about 7pm, in July, in TUCSON. We didn't even park the car, we just pulled right back out of that parking lot and went and had dinner at a restaurant instead.

You know it's bad when you take one look at the reception site and turn tail and leave.
  • that sounds like the worst wedding!!!
  • I am really surprised at how many people have such terrible things to say about their loved ones' weddings! Noone is perfect and to expect a flawless execution of a huge day is both harsh and shallow! The bride and groom stand through the whole ceremony, why can't you? Are your legs broken that you can't stand for a whopping 30 minutes? And I get that dry weddings and cash bars are less fun, but to put these people down behind their backs speaks more for your character, than for their days gone wrong. You should all be ashamed of yourselves and The Knot should be ashamed of themselves for featuring this thread in their email.
    Siggy Challenge~Fur Baby~September 2012 Board imageMy Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The worst I've ever been to was an ex-bf's friend from childhood.  First of all, all his friends hated the girl, and spent all the time before the wedding talking about how they were going to get him to back out at the last minute.

It was a destination wedding in Las Vegas at the Wynn.  Every guest had to travel to get there.  They had a wedding website that mentioned the rehearsal dinner... even though the only people invited were the 5 members of the wedding party.  Maybe just send those folks an e-mail, huh?

Then there was the bachelorette party, which we were all required to contribute like $50-$75 to attend, and attending was not optional.  Keep in mind, my only connection to this woman is that she is marrying the childhood friend of my boyfriend.  Luckily, my bf's sister and mother, who I got along with well, also attended.  During the bachelorette party, the bride got hammered and started hitting on a bartender.  Then there was a Chippendale dancer that you could get photographed with; she wanted to do it, but they tried to get her to put her purse to the side for security reasons and she caused a huge scene; we basically all had to drag her away.

Then the wedding: during the ceremony, the officiant asked for the blessing of "the people who are most important" to the bride and groom -- he wanted all the guests to whoop with joy over the union.  The brides's side did... the groom's side was *silent*.  Yow!  Then the reception, which was at dinnertime, was open bar and hors d'oevres.  That's it.  This had also been specified on the wedding website, but come on.  That's just ridiculous.  Some of the guests snuck out at the beginning of the reception to go for a burger!

We also knew there was a Sunday brunch after the wedding at the House of Blues.  The wedding website said "let us know if you're coming -- it's $35/person" -- it was clear that we would be paying for our own brunch if we chose to go.  We did not.
  • My cousin got married in August, so it was scorching hot, and booked a reception hall that couldn't fit as many people as were invited. Normally this would be fine since my family would be crammed on the dance floor anyway- but by some freak accident there was a shooting down the road which caused a car to drive into a powerline, knocking out the power. This meant no air conditioning and no music. We started the chicken dance to keep my cousin in good spirits but could only do it for so long. An hour and a half into the reception, many people left because they couldn't bear the heat, and the dj starting breaking down his equipment. It was at this point that her mentally handicapped uncle passed out and an ambulance was called (and she began crying in the lobby while my uncle tried to comfort her). With an hour left of the reception, the power came back on but the dj said it would take him too long to set back up to make it worth while- so the reception ended an hour early.

They also didn't realize they booked their honeymoon during storm season and their room was flooded. Despite all that, they've been happily married for 6 years and have 2 adorable children.
  • I'm sort of surprised that some posters would judge others for judging what are clearly terrible weddings. Yes, I understand the cash bar thing and we shouldn't complain about it, but the other complaints were quite valid. I for sure don't want to be at a wedding where there's ridiculous drama or terrible food or completely wasted WPs. No one wants to be at weddings like that. Yes, the B&G shell out a bunch of cash for their guests. BUT they also get expensive presents and those guests often travel pretty far for them. The least the B&G could do is get good food, adequate speakers, and prepare for weather. Of course we can all stand for 30 minutes, but what about Grandpa? A wedding is as much about being thoughtful of your guests' needs as it is everyone having a great time and respecting your budget. Don't scold people for wanting to be respected and enjoy themselves. I'm sure you wouldn't want to be in a kitchen cooking at your cousin's wedding or anything else that was posted.
  • I went to a "awsome" wedding last July. First off a friend of mine and myself ending up playing the photographers and that itself was a task for about 12 people with the size of the bridal party. So it was interesting trying to wrangle everyone away from the guests to get pictures after the ceremony which was in the bride's parents side yard. Also when they left  the ceremony area they left on the back of a lawnmower. Also the pictures only took about a hour and they left room for three hours in between the ceremony and reception which was at...drum roll...at the local bowling alley, with no hor'dourvs (sorry for the misspelling). Not only did they pack the bowling alley full with 200 people when it has a 150 max person limit they could not feed everyone. A poor woman who had to leave to breast feed her child came back to almost no food and ended up eating whatever was left over. It was the wedding that I loveingly refer to as the redneck wedding.
  • SuperFudge00SuperFudge00 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited October 2010
    Hi all, I am usually on the December 2010 board but someone commented on this thread so I had to come see and add one of my own.

My friend had her wedding in a public park that had a very nice rose garden and a raised are overlooking the rose garden. It was set up pretty nice. The problem was that this was in late May, there was a prom party on one side and a soccer game on the other. No sound system so you could barely hear the minister. The wedding was supposed to start at 4 and because of the sound system problem, it didn't start until 5. We all just sat there trying to figure ou what happened.

But the kicker was this random woman comes to watch. Again, in public so nothing you can really do. But she stands at the end of the aisle, just behind our seating and watches the ceremony. If the sound system failure wasn't bad enough, now we also couldn't hear because that woman started sobbing hysterically. No one knew if she was supposed to be there or what, but we learned the answer when the bridal party started cracking up. Next this woman starts wandering and is now to the right of us. Then she makes it all the way to behind the alter. We were looking at her behind the minister, still sobbing uncontrollably. A male B relative asks her to leave. She does but comes back. Never really figured out her story.

The reception was a 20-30 minute drive from the park and located at a mall. It was at Dave & Buster's. And for anyone unfamiliar with this place, it is a Chuck E Cheese for adults. We walk through the regular entrance past customers to a holding area with very little seating and even less tables. They served hors d' oeuvres atop a table shuffleboard game. It was alright, but all fried. We had no idea if this was it or not. About 30 minutes later we are led to a banquet hall. Inside was very nice. It looked very elegant and the dinner was good, although I think I remember something was off about the caesar salads. No host bar. There was no bathroom inside the banquet room so we had to go out and through the arcade. And it went on forever. When we excused ourselves after at least two thirds of the guests were gone, we were told that we couldn't leave because they had prepaid game cards for us to play the video games. I would have rather had a drink card. 

The hilarity of it all is that I was going through a lot in the months leading to her wedding and I lost the invitation. I responded to her MySpace RSVP reminder and explained what happened and asked if she could give me the details and I would confirm with her. She replied, "I don't know what kind of ghetto wedding you think we're having, but I do not take RSVP's on MySpace."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Happily Married Since December 18th, 2010!!
  • ha ha ha!

I've got to say, the worst we've been to was earlier this month, FI's best friend from school.
    G is 24, B is 18, they arent very well off, so I kind of understand part of it.
    The ceremony was held in court the previous day, but we were invited to the 'reception'... We got an sms on our way that we needed to bring our own food!
    When we got there, it was being held at the B's sisters house.
    About an hour into the 'reception' both the B & G changed into their swimming costumes and went swimming.  B ran around the rest of the day only in her cozzie, and that includes when they had their first 'dance' and cut the cake.
    Needless to say i was very uncomfortable and couldn't wait to leave!
  • Haha these stories are great! That's why I'm eloping!

Good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards