Snarky Brides
Options

Good Morning, Good Morning SB!

wakey wakey wakey.... anyone else up this early?

I woke up with H again this morning. His new job requires him to be on the road by 6am.. its a good thing I guess. I will get way more work done if I go to bed earlier and wake up earlier...I am just SO tired though.....

whats everyone up to? I am home until this afternoon working on a paper then heading to class.

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
my book shelf:
Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)

Re: Good Morning, Good Morning SB!

• Options
    I am awake. But exhausted. Watching the Chliean rescue mission on CNN and getting ready to leave for work...sorry you had to wake up so early Star...
  • Options
    number- those rescues are incredible aren't they! I've been glued to the tv while doing my work!

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Options
    Morning! I had a great night last night, awesome dinner, yummy dessert, got to watch a Disney movie. We stayed up late (late for us, anyway) because we wanted to see the first miner rescued. It was incredible, the entire story fascinates me. But now I'm exhausted because I got up early for some OT.

I am a little bummed though because my best friend didn't call or say anything yesterday about my birthday. I know this falls into the "no one cares as much as you do" category, but in this case it's also in the "she doesn't care about you" category. I feel like I"m losing my best friend and former sister (well, step) ever since H and I got married and I don't know how to fix it. H says to just forget her and move on, but it's not that easy.
  • Options
    aww sesh. I know you've mentioned that she's been distant but was there a specific incident that kicked this off? I know I can't deal without real closure.. maybe you should tell her how upsetting this is?

my book shelf:
  • Options
    Morning!! I have to leave for work in a few, so I'm just finishing up my coffee and wishing I was still in bed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Good morning! Just checking in before heading out to work.

Star, it sucks that you have to be up, but you will get so much done.  I always get a ton done when I'm up early and the house is quiet.

Number, just a few days!  I'm so jealous!

Sesh, you are up way too early after your birthday.  That really sucks about your friend though.  I would be really hurt, too.
  • Options
    Star---You'll get used to waking up that early soon, and you'll love it!! I feel so much more accomplished with my day when I get up earlier. I get tons done before the sun even comes up.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-good-morning-sb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2b2e3967-4f62-4a87-b25e-fa81b596d8f5Post:af2b659f-a747-4409-a810-cb5b827aea2f">Re: Good Morning, Good Morning SB!</a>:
    [QUOTE]aww sesh. I know you've mentioned that she's been distant but was there a specific incident that kicked this off? I know I can't deal without real closure.. maybe you should tell her how upsetting this is?
    Posted by Starmusica[/QUOTE]

No specific incident. It's always irritated me that she will promise to call me that night, or that weekend, or in 5 minutes, and 3 weeks go by before I hear anything. I end up calling her again. H calls me a friend stalker. He said last night that she's been worse since our wedding (according to me complaining, I guess), but I hate to be "that girl" who says someone is jealous. I've known her since I was 7 and grew up with her as my stepsister so I know she cares about me, I'm just not sure she wants to talk to me.

And nates, yes, it is way to early.
  • Options
    sesh- ugh i hate when you feeling you are trying harder. That is really tough. It may be hard but you can tell her exactly what you just wrote and see what she  says..

my book shelf:
  • Options
    Ugh!  Can we pretend it's not morning?  I'm having a rough one today and I just want to go back to bed and try starting over.  I couldn't sleep last night and then this morning in the shower I knocked the conditioner bottle off the ledge and right smack onto my bad foot.  Now I can barely walk :(  I don't even want to think about the day ahead.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Oh no, B! I hope your day gets better!

Sesh, it sucks when you lose a friend. I'm sorry!

I found out yesterday afternoon that someone from another department that I worked very closely with was terminated (about damn time), and then I got an email last night from a state regulatory agency saying we still hadn't turned in our end of year report to them, and its due Friday. I have no idea what is involved in that report, but I hope they don't try to make me do it because I have plans on getting my office back in order this week from all the chaos of audit, vacation, start of the semester and changing duties with my coworker. I hope the consultant we brought in to run that office knows how to do this report!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Oh no, Sarah!  I hope they don't make you do it.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Um, yeah, that would suck bigtime. I'd need a bonus for that. 
  • Options
    sarah.. that sounds like a nightmare.

my book shelf:
  • Options
    It is, a little. But she needed to go. I liked her as a person, but the office she ran was a mess. They never could get out from under their workload long enough to revamp processes that would make their workload easier. It was a vicious cycle, but in the end I guess the consultant deemed that she wasn't able to roll with the changes, and that they weren't confident that she wouldn't go right back to the way things were when they left. I'm sorry for her as a person, because she has worked herself into the absolute ground over the past 3 years (she makes things harder than they have to be), but I think the leadership made the right choice. But 6 weeks before my freaking wedding. GAH! 

I'm not supposed to know about the termination yet, though. My boss told me, but it hasn't been announced yet. So I'm not volunteering for anything!

Ok, I gotta make some breakfast. Check y'all later! Have a great day!
  • Options
    Good morning SB.  Well, not so much.  One of our dogs go sick this morning.  Luckily, I heard her about to get sick and got the back door open in time for her to run outside and do it, or else I would have been sick as well and not been able to go to work.  I don't deal well with vomit.  After that she was running around and fine but it definitely did not make for a fun morning.  Here's to hoping everyone has a great day!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Good Morning!

I feel really good this morning which is kind of great because usually I hate mornings and feel like total crap. I was so tired yesterday that I got home, had dinner and went to bed at 7:30. I was asleep no later than 9:30.

I'm sorry about your friend Sesh. I am having a similar problem.  : (

I hope your foot gets better B. What happened to it initially before the conditioner incident?

Sometime when I'm getting into the shower and not paying attention I won't lift my leg high enough to step in and I'll smash my toes right into the side of the tub. Ouch.
  • Options
    Good Morning ladies.

Sesh-sorry about your friend. I know it's not easy when you find yourself moving away from a person you have been so close to, I think I would sit back and see if she comes to me....KWIM?

Sarah-good luck with the work situation.

Today is work, then drop off my car for repairs. I hope they dont give me a Yugo for my rental. I surprised last night when DH decided not to stay up and watch Sons of Anarchy, he was so tired we went to bed at 10. But I feel better this morning.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-good-morning-sb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2b2e3967-4f62-4a87-b25e-fa81b596d8f5Post:d52667b1-657d-41ba-88d2-fb6ea73fd898">Re: Good Morning, Good Morning SB!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hope your foot gets better B. What happened to it initially before the conditioner incident? Sometime when I'm getting into the shower and not paying attention I won't lift my leg high enough to step in and I'll smash my toes right into the side of the tub. Ouch.
    Posted by LessThanZero[/QUOTE]

Thanks, LTZ.  I have a chronic pain condition because of an ankle sprain back in high school.

Also, I do that too.  I hate it!
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-good-morning-sb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2b2e3967-4f62-4a87-b25e-fa81b596d8f5Post:cc0b2fc1-4dd6-4e04-b9b4-ced88fda1e16">Re: Good Morning, Good Morning SB!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good Morning ladies. Sesh-sorry about your friend. I know it's not easy when you find yourself moving away from a person you have been so close to, I think I would sit back and see if she comes to me....KWIM?
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this is what I've been doing. The last time I talked to her was maybe 3 months ago. She said she'd call back that night. About 3 weeks later she texted me a picture of her injured finger and said she'd call me that weekend, never did. I texted her when I did the sidewalk painting, telling her we'd be there and would love for her to stop by (she lives about 15 minutes from there). I never saw her. So, it's up to her. I'm done trying. I feel whiny talking about it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-good-morning-sb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2b2e3967-4f62-4a87-b25e-fa81b596d8f5Post:c77b7a40-a675-47ec-b9b2-d621ca586c36">Re: Good Morning, Good Morning SB!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning, Good Morning SB! : Thanks, LTZ.  I have a chronic pain condition because of an ankle sprain back in high school. Also, I do that too.  I hate it!
    Posted by betrothed123[/QUOTE]

Oh man, that sucks. I know what you mean though. I have pain, stiffness and swelling everyday on my left ankle from a bad injury a couple of years ago. I keep forgetting that it will always be that way and keep expecting it to go back to normal.

Sigh.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-good-morning-sb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2b2e3967-4f62-4a87-b25e-fa81b596d8f5Post:33baaa65-d945-486f-9857-437bfe58e0eb">Re: Good Morning, Good Morning SB!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning, Good Morning SB! : Oh man, that sucks. I know what you mean though. I have pain, stiffness and swelling everyday on my left ankle from a bad injury a couple of years ago. <strong>I keep forgetting that it will always be that way and keep expecting it to go back to normal.</strong> Sigh.
    Posted by LessThanZero[/QUOTE]
    Yes!  I know exactly what you're saying.  I've wrestled with that since I was first diagnosed.  In fact, to this day I refuse to wear skirts or shorts because they show off my terrible looking leg, which now turns a deep purple color all the way up to the knee at random.  I keep hoping beyond hope that the next summer it will be better and I can break out the shorts again, but I'm fooling myself.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-good-morning-sb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2b2e3967-4f62-4a87-b25e-fa81b596d8f5Post:8c84c09b-9387-406e-a9dc-a603f6a85b07">Re: Good Morning, Good Morning SB!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning, Good Morning SB! : Yeah, this is what I've been doing. The last time I talked to her was maybe 3 months ago. She said she'd call back that night. About 3 weeks later she texted me a picture of her injured finger and said she'd call me that weekend, never did. I texted her when I did the sidewalk painting, telling her we'd be there and would love for her to stop by (she lives about 15 minutes from there). I never saw her. So, it's up to her. I'm done trying. I feel whiny talking about it.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry! And it's ok to feel whiny. You've been in a relationship with a person for years, and now it's changed and you dont know why,like a break-up no closure.
    I have had many friends I've grown apart from over the years, for one reason or another. Sometimes it was my choice,sometimes it was theirs. Doesnt make it hurt any less.

I try to remember their are people that are in your life for  a reason, and season or a lifetime. We never know which one is which. She was obviously there for a season. End of ramble :/

Feel better. And know your internet friends are here for you.
  • Options
    Morning everyone!

Sesh- glad your birthday went well (except the step sister.)

Sarah- good luck with work!

Number- AH You're getting married this week!  Are you excited?!

Not much going on here.  Just the same ol' office drama.
  • Options
    Morning.

I'm up early for no good reason and am pretty sure I'm going to go crawl back into bed and just call it a day.  If you don't participate in life it can't suck.  Right?
  • Options
    Good Morning, Ladies! 
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-good-morning-sb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2b2e3967-4f62-4a87-b25e-fa81b596d8f5Post:d84b8965-af28-4176-8f36-5e7517512d2b">Re: Good Morning, Good Morning SB!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning, Good Morning SB! : I try to remember their are people that are in your life for  a reason, and season or a lifetime. We never know which one is which.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

That's interesting, I've never heard that before. I don't know that I'm ready to accept that she was just there for a season, but that is something to keep in mind. I don't have many friends so to lose someone I think of as a sister would be really hard.

And, now there is a light war going on at work. I swear, people here are children. We go through this almost every day. A guy comes in at 9 and turns on the overhead lights. Another guy turns them back off. They go through this for about 10 minutes. Then light guy turns them on and light off guy throws down his mouse and curses. Every day. But tehy never confront each other personally. Save me from the children.
  • Options
    Good Morning! I had to go help at Chloe's school honor roll breakfast, so I was up and out early this morning. J usually kisses me goodbye in the mornings when he leaves at 4:30, and I HATE the mornings when I can't go back to sleep. But today it worked in my favor, since I had to get up and put on actual clothes and make up. :)

I was up until 3am watching movies with Manda, who decided to come down for the night. It was too much fun. But I'm going to definitely need a nap after we go uptown for some museum and shopping fun this morning. Ugh.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-good-morning-sb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2b2e3967-4f62-4a87-b25e-fa81b596d8f5Post:b1f6816e-bbaa-4e84-b6b0-c7339644df6f">Re: Good Morning, Good Morning SB!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning, Good Morning SB! : That's interesting, I've never heard that before. I don't know that I'm ready to accept that she was just there for a season, but that is something to keep in mind. I don't have many friends so to lose someone I think of as a sister would be really hard. And, now there is a light war going on at work. I swear, people here are children. We go through this almost every day. A guy comes in at 9 and turns on the overhead lights. Another guy turns them back off. They go through this for about 10 minutes. Then light guy turns them on and light off guy throws down his mouse and curses. Every day. But tehy never confront each other personally. Save me from the children.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

I know I have maybe 2 or 3 real friends. Truth is my DH is my best friend. And I'm not saying your friend may be lost forever. Maybe it's an adjustment period to figure out where she fits in your life............does that make sense? I'm no good at typing what I mean.

And when the children act up in my office they have the wrath of Kim.
  • Options

I'm still feeling bizarre after the flu shot yesterday. And, no, it isn't a normal reaction, so I don't discourage anyone from getting it. I may call about it today.

Max didn't want to go out this morning, so I covered him up, and when I checked back in, he was up against J and my pillow. Spoiled (big) thing he is.

My meeting was cancelled today - hooray for small things! All my drawers are labeled, and everything's filed (subfiles aren't labeled yet).

And, I'm freezing. Inside. Like, I want some blankets freezing.

B, take care of your foot.

Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards