Snarky Brides

*HELP* Need Team Name Ideas for a 5k Run with My Bridal Party

Hello!

I'm getting married in October, and we are doing a coed/combined bachelor/bachelorette party with both sides of the bridal party.
Because its going to be combined, I want to do something with JUST my bridesmaids and MOH.....
I'm a gym person, and I "eat clean" so I figured why not a 5k run......so I decided that I want to do The Color Run. I'm registering in a few days, but I cant come up with any cute or creative team names.

We all will be wearing white, and I'm going to have a veil and a dress on....I would like to have the name have something to do with the wedding since I'm doing this with my bridal party....Or something to do with Colors/Weddings/Healthy Living LOL

For those of you who dont know what the Color Run is, click on this link and watch the video.....its like a race where you start clean and in the end your bright and feeling like willy wonka goodness LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWsfHC-0d6A

I appreciate any and all suggestions! Thanks again and God Bless!

Re: *HELP* Need Team Name Ideas for a 5k Run with My Bridal Party

• Whatever.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • lol you are doing this as your bachelor/bachelorette party? I bet you're gonna have some pissed off bridal party.

June 16, 2012
  • Bright and feeling like Willy Wonka goodness?  Do they give you chocolate and cocaine along the way?

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Chocolate and Cocaine would be a good team name, actually.

If only cocaine was clean. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_help-need-team-name-ideas-for-a-5k-run-with-my-bridal-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2b86f500-8c69-4851-9e09-9aab9cd7d01cPost:dd69e44c-2b35-4f67-a61d-41903e8f512a">Re: *HELP* Need Team Name Ideas for a 5k Run with My Bridal Party</a>:
    [QUOTE]Chocolate and Cocaine would be a good team name, actually. If only cocaine was clean. 
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

Cocaine keeps your nose clean.  Of cartilage.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_help-need-team-name-ideas-for-a-5k-run-with-my-bridal-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2b86f500-8c69-4851-9e09-9aab9cd7d01cPost:dd69e44c-2b35-4f67-a61d-41903e8f512a">Re: *HELP* Need Team Name Ideas for a 5k Run with My Bridal Party</a>:
    [QUOTE]Chocolate and Cocaine would be a good team name, actually. If only cocaine was clean. 

Cocaine keeps your nose clean.  Of cartilage.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • "Reluctantly running toward the aisle"?
    June 16, 2012
  • No, we're going to Vegas for the actual bachelorette party.....this is something I just wanna do "just because"
  • I feel like you don't really NEED cartilage in your nose anyway.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_help-need-team-name-ideas-for-a-5k-run-with-my-bridal-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2b86f500-8c69-4851-9e09-9aab9cd7d01cPost:7240f1bb-221d-4a6e-ab02-36d126a6b9d4">Re: *HELP* Need Team Name Ideas for a 5k Run with My Bridal Party</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel like you don't really NEED cartilage in your nose anyway.

Who even likes noses?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_help-need-team-name-ideas-for-a-5k-run-with-my-bridal-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2b86f500-8c69-4851-9e09-9aab9cd7d01cPost:58030241-f214-4c1d-b8f7-20288ff48440">*HELP* Need Team Name Ideas for a 5k Run with My Bridal Party</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello! I'm getting married in October, and we are doing a coed/combined bachelor/bachelorette party with both sides of the bridal party. Because its going to be combined, <strong>I want </strong>to do something with JUST my bridesmaids and MOH..... <strong>I'm a gym person,</strong> and I "eat clean" so I figured<strong> </strong>why not a 5k run......so <strong>I decided that I want </strong>to do The Color Run. I'm registering in a few days, but I cant come up with any cute or creative team names. We all will be wearing white, and I'm going to have a veil and a dress on....I would like to have the name have something to do with the wedding since I'm doing this with my bridal party....Or something to do with Colors/Weddings/Healthy Living LOL For those of you who dont know what the Color Run is, click on this link and watch the video.....its like a race where you start clean and in the end your bright and feeling like willy wonka goodness LOL <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWsfHC-0d6A" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWsfHC-0d6A</a> I appreciate any and all suggestions! Thanks again and God Bless!
    Posted by saracole1[/QUOTE]

<div>There is a lot of "I" references in your post.  Is this something your BMs even want to do?  I'd be kind if pissed if I were a BM and the bride signed me up for a 5K just because it fit HER lifestyle choices.  That's great that you're so into fitness and all, but are they? Is this something that they will enjoy? Did you even consult them first?</div>
  • We did a Bark for Life for my friends wedding. We wore the stupid bridal party tshirts but put tshirts or bandanas on the dogs with the names of all the people we were walking for. It was knida cute. We had fun, won a lot of cool stuff for our dogs, and it went for a good cause.

We were the couples initials for cancer free. It was lame but we had a blast.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ha, I'd love for a bride to tell me that she signed me up for a 5K as her party idea for herself. It'd give me a great opportunity to laugh in someone's face.
  • I consider myself a gym rat/runner, and even I wouldn't subject my friends to this. Be prepared to run this race by yourself because you'll be hard pressed to find someone who likes to be forced to race.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Agreed with PPs. As someone who has only recently started to try running, I'd be mortified if I had a bride who said "hey guys! we're going to run this 5k as a bridal party!".  Even if you're not pushy about it, just saying that you guys are doing it could make it hard for someone to say no.

If you haven't asked/told yet, I'd suggest just e-mailing or texting them all casually: Hey guys! I'm runnign a 5k on ____date at ______time at _____location.  If any of you would like to run with me, please let me know!
  • My BP are all runners and I wouldn't do this. 

If they all suggested this and WANT to do it, I like Acap's suggestion, or "sprinting towards the aisle" 
  • I'm a competitive runner, so obviously I like to run, but I'd absolutely hate doing one of the color runs.  Cute idea, but make sure you have total buy-in and committment from your bridal party first.

When did you want to do it anyways?  I don't see any scheduled after August (you said your wedding is in Oct), and if you're in MI, Ann Arbor is sold out anyways.
  • Just a heads up OP this is a BAD idea if your BMs are not used to doing 5k runs. Please think about this. I know for a fact that I would end up in the hospital if I tried to do this.
  • I just watched the video and I don't know about the rest of you but if, while I was running, I kept getting pelted in the face with powdered color I would be hella pissed off!

• I'm not going to comment on whether your BMs would want to do it or not. That's totally up to them. Back off folks! She just wants a team name, not a lecture.

Goin to the Chapel
    Runaway Bridesmaids
    Bridesmaids are a girls best friends
    Champagne and diamonds
    Live, Love, Laugh, Run
    With this ring.. we will run!
    One for the money, two for the show, three to get ready, go go go!
    Here comes the bridal party
    Girls just wanna have fun
    Mrs. Right
    Let's hear it for the girls
    Have ring, will run
    Eat clean, run dirty
    It's a bird, it's a plane, it's bridezilla!
    To the alter and beyond!

just some ideas. totally cheesey. I know. Cool

• THANK YOU kgoetz2256 for reading my post and actually suggesting awesome team names!!!! Not cheesy at all!!! I really appreciate your suggestions! God Bless!

As for everyone else voicing their opinions, and being negative and rude, I ASKED FOR TEAM NAME IDEAS!!!!! Not shitty comments and lame opinions! If that is all your going to do is lecture and be rude and NOT suggest team names, DON'T RESPOND!!!

I am giving my BP a choice.....if they dont want to do this, thats fine. I thought it was a cool idea, and so did they! I'm NOT forcing them too....I'm not a bridezilla!! The BP are my friends and family, who I love dearly, and would never suggest to "MAKE" or "FORCE" them to do anything they didnt want to do.
    As for people who think this isnt fun or cool....thats your opinion. Luckily, my BP is awesome and they LOVED the idea....
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_help-need-team-name-ideas-for-a-5k-run-with-my-bridal-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2b86f500-8c69-4851-9e09-9aab9cd7d01cPost:c7ecf01f-43cc-46ae-ad8e-dca76f66db9b">Re: *HELP* Need Team Name Ideas for a 5k Run with My Bridal Party</a>:
    [QUOTE]THANK YOU kgoetz2256 for reading my post and actually suggesting awesome team names!!!! Not cheesy at all!!! I really appreciate your suggestions! God Bless! As for everyone else voicing their opinions, and being negative and rude, I ASKED FOR TEAM NAME IDEAS!!!!! Not shitty comments and lame opinions! If that is all your going to do is lecture and be rude and NOT suggest team names, DON'T RESPOND!!! I am giving my BP a choice.....if they dont want to do this, thats fine. I thought it was a cool idea, and so did they! I'm NOT forcing them too....I'm not a bridezilla!! The BP are my friends and family, who I love dearly, and would never suggest to "MAKE" or "FORCE" them to do anything they didnt want to do. As for people who think this isnt fun or cool....thats your opinion. Luckily, my BP is awesome and they LOVED the idea....
    Posted by saracole1[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>We can only go off of what you tell us. We are incapable of reading your mind and picking up all the other little bits of information that you fail to tell us. You're going to get responses based on what you put here. </div><div>
    </div><div>As long as the girls are up for it then great, have a wonderful time. But you need to look back at you OP and see how you put it. Oh and if you didn't know before, this is the world wide web, where we have to right to respond to anything that anyone posts on here, just like how you have the right to post misleading information on here. Maybe you should lurk on here a bit before posting again. You can gain a world of knowledge by just reading.</div><div>
    </div>
  • freebread03freebread03 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_help-need-team-name-ideas-for-a-5k-run-with-my-bridal-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2b86f500-8c69-4851-9e09-9aab9cd7d01cPost:c7ecf01f-43cc-46ae-ad8e-dca76f66db9b">Re: *HELP* Need Team Name Ideas for a 5k Run with My Bridal Party</a>:
    [QUOTE]THANK YOU kgoetz2256 for reading my post and actually suggesting awesome team names!!!! Not cheesy at all!!! I really appreciate your suggestions! God Bless! As for everyone else voicing their opinions, and being negative and rude, I ASKED FOR TEAM NAME IDEAS!!!!! Not shitty comments and lame opinions! If that is all your going to do is lecture and be rude and NOT suggest team names, DON'T RESPOND!!! I am giving my BP a choice.....if they dont want to do this, thats fine. I thought it was a cool idea, and so did they! I'm NOT forcing them too....I'm not a bridezilla!! The BP are my friends and family, who I love dearly, and would never suggest to "MAKE" or "FORCE" them to do anything they didnt want to do. As for people who think this isnt fun or cool....thats your opinion. Luckily, my BP is awesome and they LOVED the idea....

<div>Wow chill out.  Yikes.  I don't see how pointing out that the color run is sold out in MI and other places was a "shitty comment" or "lame opinion."  (which is what I said in my post).</div><div>
    </div><div>It kind of seems like this constitutes hosting your own bachelorette party...I'm surprised no one addressed this, since, well, it's rude.  But you seem like someone who doesn't care.</div>
  • The Color Run is something that I have actually looked into doing because I agree, it looks like SO much fun! I think you guys will have a great time together, and you'll be doing something good for your body at the same time.... I don't think there is any argument against that :) A 5k really isn't that long and when you're running with your friends in a fun environment like that, it will fly by! You know yourself and your friends best, and I'm sure that if you think you guys will have fun, you will! I love the idea of wearing a wedding-ish outfit while you're doing it, especially because it will match the "white" theme... at first, anyway! Although it's not exactly a team name, I saw an idea for a cute slogan on shirts: 
    "One more RUN before the FUN" 
    ...with a cute little diamond ring picture, too. I saw it on a healthy-living blog (pbfingers.com ....it's great!) where the bride and her bridal party ran a half-marathon during her bachelorette weekend, the night after going out! A 5k doesn't sound so bad now, right? haha :) Good luck planning, it sounds like a fun time! 
  • JordanF13 Gaining a world of knowledge just by reading....yes, you should take your own advice and read the OP and the replies...including MINE! Then you will see all the little bits of info.....and wont have to try and mind read!!! 

freebread03
    Did you NOT read the OP???????

I'm NOT hosting my own anything. OMG. READ THE OP AGAIN!!!!!! This is something I want to do and asked my BP if they were interested in doing and they thought it would be fun as well, so we are going to do it together.

FYI The Color Run ISNT sold out in MI....only the Ann Arbor run is sold out.

The OP asks for IDEAS FOR A TEAM NAME!!!! If you and anyone else who reads this post, doesnt comprehend that statement, God help you all!
    Opinions and Comments that arent realevant to "Team Name Ideas" AREN'T NEEDED!!!!

Hopefully that sums it up for eveyone who doesnt understand the  English language!!!!

Its rude and idiotic people like this that ruin stuff for everyone else. So sad.

• FutureMrsJMT Thank you so much for your advice!! I love the name and look forward to reading the blog :)
    We LOVE the color run because its NOT a race.....we can jog, skip, walk, run...whatever we choose! Its not timed! :)

Thanks again for your advice! God Bless!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_help-need-team-name-ideas-for-a-5k-run-with-my-bridal-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2b86f500-8c69-4851-9e09-9aab9cd7d01cPost:770d52b3-2182-4f5d-9a0e-b0016ba11f5f">Re: *HELP* Need Team Name Ideas for a 5k Run with My Bridal Party</a>:
    [QUOTE]JordanF13  Gaining a world of knowledge just by reading....yes, you should take your own advice and read the OP and the replies...including MINE! Then you will see all the little bits of info.....and wont have to try and mind read!!!  freebread03 Did you NOT read the OP??????? I'm NOT hosting my own anything. OMG. READ THE OP AGAIN!!!!!! This is something I want to do and asked my BP if they were interested in doing and they thought it would be fun as well, so we are going to do it together. FYI The Color Run ISNT sold out in MI....only the Ann Arbor run is sold out. The OP asks for IDEAS FOR A TEAM NAME!!!! If you and anyone else who reads this post, doesnt comprehend that statement, God help you all! Opinions and Comments that arent realevant to "Team Name Ideas" AREN'T NEEDED!!!! Hopefully that sums it up for eveyone who doesnt understand the  English language!!!! Its rude and idiotic people like this that ruin stuff for everyone else. So sad.

Calm yer tits.
    panther
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_help-need-team-name-ideas-for-a-5k-run-with-my-bridal-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2b86f500-8c69-4851-9e09-9aab9cd7d01cPost:c42aa5d7-f99c-4bf4-9650-8a4bff603b0a">Re: *HELP* Need Team Name Ideas for a 5k Run with My Bridal Party</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: *HELP* Need Team Name Ideas for a 5k Run with My Bridal Party : Calm yer tits.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly.

But NOT RELEVANT to the OP!  GOD HELP YOU!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• *I will preface this by claiming it's irrelevance to the OP.*

But guess what?  I can post whatever I like on a public internet forum.  

And actually, when you say things like " I want to do something with JUST my bridesmaids and MOH....." it sounds a lot like you're planning your own party and group run.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_help-need-team-name-ideas-for-a-5k-run-with-my-bridal-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2b86f500-8c69-4851-9e09-9aab9cd7d01cPost:58030241-f214-4c1d-b8f7-20288ff48440">*HELP* Need Team Name Ideas for a 5k Run with My Bridal Party</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello! I'm getting married in October, and we are doing a coed/combined bachelor/bachelorette party with both sides of the bridal party. Because its going to be combined, I want to do something with JUST my bridesmaids and MOH..... I'm a gym person, and I "eat clean" so I figured why not a 5k run......so I decided that I want to do The Color Run. I'm registering in a few days, but I cant come up with any cute or creative team names. We all will be wearing white, and I'm going to have a veil and a dress on....I would like to have the name have something to do with the wedding since I'm doing this with my bridal party....Or something to do with Colors/Weddings/Healthy Living LOL For those of you who dont know what the Color Run is, click on this link and watch the video.....its like a race where you start clean and in the end your bright and feeling like willy wonka goodness LOL <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWsfHC-0d6A" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWsfHC-0d6A</a> I appreciate any and all suggestions! Thanks again and God Bless!
    Posted by saracole1[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>Hey thats what I"m doing too!! how cool

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards