Snarky Brides

Pregnant Woman Tasered After Resisting Arrest

2»

Re: Pregnant Woman Tasered After Resisting Arrest

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_pregnant-woman-tasered-after-resisting-arrest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2c0c7d24-9c69-4c30-9d74-5bef838cc816Post:7ea452a5-7e5e-4203-b918-f2321aa9e118">Re: Pregnant Woman Tasered After Resisting Arrest</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pregnant Woman Tasered After Resisting Arrest : Aren't people protected in cases like this under the Good Samaritan law? Like if you were performing CPR and broke someone's sternum, they couldn't sue you.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

<div>I THINK this is true if you have CPR certification?  I can't remember for sure, though.  But either way, it's absolutely ridiculous to ask someone who is CHOKING TO DEATH if they have had surgery before you try to save their life.  Which the instructor pointed out after my coworker mentioned it. </div>
  • I'm pretty sure this woman has already (previously) decided that police are the devil and she has taught her kids to believe police are the devil.  She's just working overtime to make sure  they know it and see it firsthand. 

If someone can act that ridiculous they deserve to be tased.  If the husband sat by and watched this go down and didn't do anything to calm his wife down in the process, he too deserves some of the blame in regards to his wife being tased. 

Ultimately, you are responsible for your actions and you better believe that pregnant does not equal handicap (for what it's worth I think expecting mom spaces are stupid at stores) and she was going to flip out no matter if she were pregnant or not, because like I said before, she wanted to teach her kids that cops are the devil. 

That's just my personal opinion on ghetto folks. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_pregnant-woman-tasered-after-resisting-arrest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2c0c7d24-9c69-4c30-9d74-5bef838cc816Post:7ea452a5-7e5e-4203-b918-f2321aa9e118">Re: Pregnant Woman Tasered After Resisting Arrest</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pregnant Woman Tasered After Resisting Arrest : Aren't people protected in cases like this under the Good Samaritan law? Like if you were performing CPR and broke someone's sternum, they couldn't sue you.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

TBH, I'm not sure.  I feel like you should be protected.

However, when I was Red Cross trained a few months ago, the instructor drilled it into our heads that when possible, ask permission of the person or their legal guardian (if nderage) before stepping in to help.  If you don't ask and you do damage, he said you could get sued.  Not sure of the legality of that though.
  • Hobbs’ sister, Shahidah Hobbs said "the whole family is appalled because (neither) Tiffany nor Joseph are those type of people that are combative. They’re very laid back, very sociable…It’s ridiculous.”

Ok, I see where the boyfriend got involved and was arrested as well.  Then you see this line above.  It comes right after the woman admitted that she did rip up the ticket, so they're laid back but she admitted she ripped up a ticket and littered.  Ummmmmm, so who do we believe?  Talking about the proof is in the pudding, no, the proof is in the actions.  Idiot.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_pregnant-woman-tasered-after-resisting-arrest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2c0c7d24-9c69-4c30-9d74-5bef838cc816Post:e849b862-b867-4bd6-a06f-9c4151459514">Re: Pregnant Woman Tasered After Resisting Arrest</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pregnant Woman Tasered After Resisting Arrest : TBH, I'm not sure.  I feel like you should be protected. However, when I was Red Cross trained a few months ago, the instructor drilled it into our heads that when possible, ask permission of the person or their legal guardian (if nderage) before stepping in to help.  If you don't ask and you do damage, he said you could get sued.  Not sure of the legality of that though.
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah, we were taught that whenever possible to ask permission to help, too.  But once permission has been granted (or if they are unable to give permission), there's a good chance that you don't have time to get their complete medical history before acting.  And if you do, there's a good chance they won't be able to answer you anyway since they are, you know, choking or not breathing or whatever the situation is.  </div>
  • I'm not sure about being sued if you are a regular person doing CPR, but I believe there are some people who have certain certifications that can get in trouble if they DON'T help.

I don't know all the details, but I know my brother has some type of certification like this. We witnessed a car accident about 10 years ago where all we saw was a pickup truck flip end over end into the desert. We stopped and checked on the driver, who was ok. However, his dogs were not and my brother starting doing some life saving procedures on the dog. Little did we know there was another car involved in the accident that was on the other side of the road in the desert. We didn't know it was there, but apparently my brother could have gotten into trouble for not helping that guy since he was on the scene.
  • Woman is lucky the cop didn't pull a gun on her.  Idiot.
  • Im not surprised that she is claiming racism either.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Why was he arresting her? He gave her the tickets, it's not like her ripping them up us going to make them magically go away. I mean, how "belligerent" was she that he felt she required handcuffs and a trip downtown?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_pregnant-woman-tasered-after-resisting-arrest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2c0c7d24-9c69-4c30-9d74-5bef838cc816Post:2f9d3d2b-8abc-4299-a0b0-7d82779748d1">Re:Pregnant Woman Tasered After Resisting Arrest</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why was he arresting her? He gave her the tickets, it's not like her ripping them up us going to make them magically go away. I mean, how "belligerent" was she that he felt she required handcuffs and a trip downtown?
    Posted by Simply Fated[/QUOTE]

She was swearing at him and saying she wasn't going to pay them.
  • Why was he tasing her when her car was in drive?? She could have easily slammed on the gas and injured or killed somebody. Should she have ripped up her ticket? No. However, the officer would have had her license plate and enough information to send her on her merry fucking way and then mail the tickets to her. Either way she would be responsible for them. I feel bad for the kids in the situation. She is obviously a very unfit mother.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards