Snarky Brides
Options

What's the nicest thing someone has done for you lately?

Yesterday, after getting two teeth pulled, I was laying at home just trying to not do much. My phone rings, and it's the receptionist at my dentist's office, just checking up on me. I know it's probably something they do for everyone when they have serious dental work done, but it was still nice to hear concern in her voice and be able to ask questions.

So what is the nicest thing someone has done for you lately?
Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: What's the nicest thing someone has done for you lately?

• Options
    My VP told me my coworker is no longer my supervisor. Made my day
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    My husband and I are approximately the least romantic people in the world, but my husband surprised me the other day. He told me that if I didn't exist he thought he would feel like there was something important missing in the universe. So sweet!
  • Options
    I hate doing the dishes, so every time Ben does the dishes for me, it makes my entire week.  And it's pretty much a sure-fire way to turn me on, lol.
    panther
  • Options
    My bosses got me flowers, a card, and purchased my lunch yesterday for Admin. Professionals day.  It made me smile.

Also, the other night I had a tension headache and FI tucked me into bed and brought me medicine and some gatorade in case I got thirsty.
    imageVacation
  • Options
    My DH bought me a car last week.  He also gave me a cute greeting card recently for no reason other than to say 'I love you'.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    acaponi87acaponi87 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2012
    When I was at the gym on Tuesday after I finished lifting and got on my cardio machine which faces the only TV the only other person there brought me the remote so I could watch what I want. I thought that was really sweet of him.
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    That's really cool SEWF. 

The H indulged my love of all things pretty and went into every single store (Jimmy Choo, Versace, etc..) with me at Caesars last weekend.  Couldn't afford anything but I love to look and touch and he went in with me every time and never bitched. 

At work yesterday one of my engineers IM'd me to make sure my boss had recognized me on Admin's Day (he did), which I thought was really nice considering I'm so new to this group and didn't really expect anything at all. 
  • Options
    H has been home from deployment since Friday, and he's been really spoiling me. Namely, pre-making my breakfast for me so I don't have to worry about what I'm going to eat in the morning, and helping train me in the weight room at the gym. It's so nice having him back.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    Edie- I'm doing OK. One of the spots doesn't hurt at all. Maybe it's the universe's way of making up for it hurting like hell coming out. The other one hurts, but not enough for me to take anything for it. Although I do have some major drugs from the dentist if I need them, but I might just take some ibuprofen. My problem mostly is that I have to have soft foods for a while, and all I can think about is steak or pot roast or tacos! You are so sweet for asking!
  • Options
    SEWFSEWF member
    Mehg- Is your H going to be around for a while?
  • Options
    Our DP took us to lunch for Admin. Day yesterday. Then H surprised me with dinner reservations for Saturday night. : )
  • Options
    Coming off of a two day marathon meeting (aka locked in a room with the same 12 people working to solve a process problem) I came home exhausted last evening.

FI met me at the door with a glass of wine.  I could hear Jazz music playing in the background.  He sat me at the kitchen table (which was set with salad and shrimp cocktail).  We enjoyed the first courses and then he refilled my wine glass and told me to sit tight while he grilled swordfish for us.  Great dinner, and he even did the dishes.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whats-the-nicest-thing-someone-has-done-for-you-lately?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2df891e6-d8ab-45f4-8e69-ae9684592b7aPost:599f2b02-b95b-4d30-8296-225f20c285a3">Re: What's the nicest thing someone has done for you lately?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mehg- Is your H going to be around for a while?
    Posted by SEWF[/QUOTE]

There's a strong chance he could be getting deployed again before we move up to VA this summer, but it's still up in the air. I knew about it well ahead of time, though, so it's not like I'm getting caught off-guard like I usually do.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    SEWFSEWF member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whats-the-nicest-thing-someone-has-done-for-you-lately?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2df891e6-d8ab-45f4-8e69-ae9684592b7aPost:d1146f20-640a-4628-a8fa-01d83ace531f">Re: What's the nicest thing someone has done for you lately?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's the nicest thing someone has done for you lately? : There's a strong chance he could be getting deployed again before we move up to VA this summer, but it's still up in the air. I knew about it well ahead of time, though, so it's not like I'm getting caught off-guard like I usually do.
    Posted by mehgank[/QUOTE]

<div>Well, at least you get some warning this time. I really admire everyone who is married to someone in the military. It takes a lot of strength and commitment.</div>
  • Options
    Stef sent me flowers the day of my ER.  It really made my day.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    SEWFSEWF member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whats-the-nicest-thing-someone-has-done-for-you-lately?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2df891e6-d8ab-45f4-8e69-ae9684592b7aPost:1e633f78-7203-4344-ae68-0e14a3211d9c">Re: What's the nicest thing someone has done for you lately?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>SEWF, have you made any puppy decisions yet?</strong> I ran out of the house yesterday and forgot to start the slow cooker so my H did.  Well, after I reminded him b/c he had forgotten.  And he's been awesome with taking care of the puppy.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

<div>Not yet. We're going to wait until the summer and possibly after the 4th of July, because my ILs are coming in town.</div>
  • Options
    I told the mom of two of my French students that I will be looking for a job for next year.  She offerd to write me a letter of recommendation.
    She just sent it to me the other day and it was so sweet, it literally made me cry.
  • Options
    H went purse shopping with me.  He tried to help me pick out one that would work.  Turns out I was too cheap to pay for any of the purses I saw.  So all that wandering for nothing.
  • Options
    These things are so sweet. :-)

One of the girls on military brides sent me flowers last week because she knew I was sad coming back from visiting my parents.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    chelseamb11chelseamb11 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whats-the-nicest-thing-someone-has-done-for-you-lately?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2df891e6-d8ab-45f4-8e69-ae9684592b7aPost:dd9f60fe-2e19-4f15-bb97-5834bd3e6c51">Re: What's the nicest thing someone has done for you lately?</a>:
    [QUOTE]H went purse shopping with me.  He tried to help me pick out one that would work.  Turns out I was too cheap to pay for any of the purses I saw.  So all that wandering for nothing.
    Posted by Bkseller13[/QUOTE]

he still went though! it would be like pulling teeth to get FI to go w/ me lol
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whats-the-nicest-thing-someone-has-done-for-you-lately?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2df891e6-d8ab-45f4-8e69-ae9684592b7aPost:2c66a6d0-3c59-4c56-baab-2161b16d0570">What's the nicest thing someone has done for you lately?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yesterday, after getting two teeth pulled, I was laying at home just trying to not do much. My phone rings, and it's the receptionist at my dentist's office, just checking up on me. I know it's probably something they do for everyone when they have serious dental work done, but it was still nice to hear concern in her voice and be able to ask questions. So what is the nicest thing someone has done for you lately?
    Posted by SEWF[/QUOTE]

SEWF, hope it helped the feel-better process.  That was sweet of her.

My wallet fell out of my coat on my commute to work.  The person who found it called to tell me they had it and returned it undisturbed.
  • Options
    Oh, and last night, at Taco Bell, I ordered one order of cinnamon twists and they gave us 3.  Happy dance!  (I saved one bag for today)
  • Options
    One of my BMs baked delicious cupcakes for free for my first bridal shower this past weekend.

FI found a really great date night for us in July and he told me about it by saying "I have something I want to do with my wife in July that I know she'll really enjoy." It's a dinner cruise on the Ohio River with a local winery.
  • Options
    I worked a double this weekend with the overnight.  FI brought me "breakfast" in bed Sunday afternoon-  granted it was only tea and toast but it was sweet
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Im a newbie to this room, but love this place!  I feel like Ive been missing out! 
    Sweetest thing lately done for me? Came home yesterday (still sick with the funk), stressed over finals, and near tears when my SO had picked me a huge bouquet of flowers! Now they're sitting at my desk, so while I have to sit here and study I can see and smell them and smile :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards