Snarky Brides
Options

Anyone around?

Who's here? What are you doing?

Re: Anyone around?

• Options
    Hai. I'm picking out flowers to send my mom for Mother's Day. Wanna help me pick?

• Options
    SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    Any, I like number 2, but I'm partial to purple, so there's that.

We just got back from Target and Chipolte. I bought some new capris for the summer. I looked at the shorts, but they were all pretty much hot pants, and they were the same price as the capris. First off, I'm not going to wear hot pants to work, and I'm sure as hell not going to pay the same amount for less fabric.

So if anyone knows a good place to get some jean shorts that are a normal length and aren't outrageously expensive, please let me know.
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I like number 1 or 3 any.

Good morning. It's been a rough couple days. We had our consult with Children's hospital yesterday and it was very overwhelming. We were basically told that we were feeding Edmund wrong and that was causing him to not have (tmi warning) a bowel movement for more than 48 hours and was bringing the jaundice back. I was all sorts of emotions last night.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Options
    Hello!

I like #1, Any.

Sorry to hear that, Ciara. My best friend just had her baby boy on the 4th and he had to go in for jaundice tests today. Not fun stuff.

I am making a late lunch for DS and I. I think after that we might go outside and play bocce ball or go to the park. We are having some awesome weather today! :)
  • Options
    SEWFSEWF member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anyone-around-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2e404cca-0ac2-4874-89c8-2bd11cbbe4acPost:1970f6eb-9ffc-4761-afdc-ddf86452e39b">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like number 1 or 3 any. Good morning. It's been a rough couple days. We had our consult with Children's hospital yesterday and it was very overwhelming. We were basically told that we were feeding Edmund wrong and that was causing him to not have (tmi warning) a bowel movement for more than 48 hours and was bringing the jaundice back. I was all sorts of emotions last night.
    Posted by Ciaram22[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm sorry you went through that, Ciara. That's pretty harsh of them when you've just had a baby and are trying to help him. They should be showing you the best way to help, not berating you like that.</div><div>
    </div><div>I know I don't really "know" you, but ::hugs::.</div>
  • Options
    Any, I like number 1

Ciara-your baby is adorable

I just ordered bridesmaids gifts from etsy! I'm excited for them to come :)

I'm waiting for FI to wake up so we can start our day :)
  • Options
    1 or 3.

I personally like 1 over 3, but that arrangement reminds me of my wedding flowers.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Options
    I like 1 or 2!
  • Options
    Any, I like #2. It's the most unique to me and the colors are beautiful.

I'm trying to work from home, but my computer hates my work system and it keeps crashing. So,it's a slow day. In other news, Whisky is now on weekly B12 shots because he is still losing weight. The vet can't figure out why. He's wating great, responding well to the meds, not vomitting, no thyroid problems, yet he's now under 7 pounds. I just don't understand. Hopefully these shots boost his weight.
  • Options
    Bah, you guys would pick the most expensive one =P
  • Options
    Thanks ladies.

She did show us how to feed him and give us pointers. It was just really hard when she watches you and you think you are doing it right and she just flat out tells you that you're doing it wrong.

We go back next Friday for a consult with the plastic surgeons and she is going to teach us how to tape his cleft so that it makes it easier on him.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anyone-around-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2e404cca-0ac2-4874-89c8-2bd11cbbe4acPost:49bb2971-c60a-4977-98aa-b412475cbd30">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Any, I like number 2, but I'm partial to purple, so there's that. We just got back from Target and Chipolte. I bought some new capris for the summer. I looked at the shorts, but they were all pretty much hot pants, and they were the same price as the capris. First off, I'm not going to wear hot pants to work, and I'm sure as hell not going to pay the same amount for less fabric. So if anyone knows a good place to get some jean shorts that are a normal length and aren't outrageously expensive, please let me know.
    Posted by SEWF[/QUOTE]

If you get an answer to your quest for normal shorts, please let me know. lol
    I think it's ridiculous that I can't find normal stinkin shorts that don't show cheek.
  • Options
    SEWFSEWF member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anyone-around-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2e404cca-0ac2-4874-89c8-2bd11cbbe4acPost:1f54505f-806c-40f2-af51-a274fc50fa5d">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone around? : If you get an answer to your quest for normal shorts, please let me know. lol I think it's ridiculous that I can't find normal stinkin shorts that don't show cheek.
    Posted by DeadUtopia[/QUOTE]

<div>Seriously. I'm the Assistant Manager at work. I want to the comfortable temperature wise this summer, so I'd like to wear shorts, but no customer will respect what I tell them if my butt is hanging out of my shorts. Capris are nice, but I'd like options.</div>
  • Options
    Hello!  Any, I like the purple flowers the best.  I like purple.

I had my first dress fitting today.  I gained five pounds or so since I purchased it, and it was uncomfortable.  I need to lose some weight.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anyone-around-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2e404cca-0ac2-4874-89c8-2bd11cbbe4acPost:93a74fa6-fa51-41a5-9a82-e7d1a39c9e6f">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks ladies. She did show us how to feed him and give us pointers. It was just really hard when she watches you and you think you are doing it right and she just flat out tells you that you're doing it wrong. We go back next Friday for a consult with the plastic surgeons and she is going to teach us how to tape his cleft so that it makes it easier on him.
    Posted by Ciaram22[/QUOTE]

I hate when they stand over you and make you think you don't know what you're doing. Sometimes, I think they're just so used to doing it day after day that when they see someone who's just trying to get used to it they get frustrated easily. But, I'm happy for you!! He's a cutie and everything will work out fine, it's just a little extra work in the beginning.
  • Options
    Guys, I saw the most ANNOYING shoes today. A little girl was running around and her shoes SQUEEK. Ugh.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Hi guys! I had my WW meeting and then ballroom class so far today, so I'm feeling pretty accomplished. I'm sitting here with a little purrbucket on my lap who keeps wanting to lick my nose, and trying to decide what to have for a snack.

I'm considering giving in to Charlie's request to see Thor tonight, but I'm thinking I may make it conditional if he cleans up his crap in the dining room first. Abby is big enough now that she can push her way through the swinging door into the dining room (but can't get back out) so I'm thinking the easiest course of action would be to cat-proof the dining room so that we can leave the door open and not worry about it.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anyone-around-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2e404cca-0ac2-4874-89c8-2bd11cbbe4acPost:b3d85c17-7f4d-4b04-888b-7dd178dd3397">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone around? : Seriously. I'm the Assistant Manager at work. I want to the comfortable temperature wise this summer, so I'd like to wear shorts, but no customer will respect what I tell them if my butt is hanging out of my shorts. Capris are nice, but I'd like options.
    Posted by SEWF[/QUOTE]

I'm a stay at home mom for now, but even still I don't want to walk around lookin like a hoochie wearing booty shorts running after a toddler and holding a baby...lol Plus, I'm not a fan of Bermuda shorts because they're generally not flattering on anybody...
  • Options
    Sarah, Thor was awesome.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anyone-around-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2e404cca-0ac2-4874-89c8-2bd11cbbe4acPost:5dd91312-4f99-4baf-98a9-8839e054a2b1">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Guys, I saw the most ANNOYING shoes today. A little girl was running around and her shoes SQUEEK. Ugh.
    Posted by cupcakesfrosting[/QUOTE]

I have seen those before. My jeweler is from Vietnam and he got some for his twins when he went there to visit. SO annoying.

Also, YGPM. :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anyone-around-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2e404cca-0ac2-4874-89c8-2bd11cbbe4acPost:25754962-01f4-45fd-9af0-bcb796a84af7">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sarah, Thor was awesome.

I'm kind of willing to see it since I'm curious about what a comic book movie directed by Kenneth Branagh is like. But I'm also really sick of going to comic book movies in general since I didn't have the kind of childhood where I knew about superheroes, and acquiring all this knowledge just so I can keep up with pop culture is kind of annoying. Also, I kinda feel like any time I contribute to the box office of a comic book movie, they're going to make another comic book movie instead of funding an art-house drama, which is the kind of movie I actually want to see. So I'm conflicted.

But it's playing today at our local theater that serves dinner food that they bring to you during the movie while you lounge on couches, and I like going there, and also I don't feel like making dinner. And if I can leverage a clean dining room out of it, that would also be good. :)
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anyone-around-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2e404cca-0ac2-4874-89c8-2bd11cbbe4acPost:7b628a43-cc98-4d7c-8e26-015f2d9a1dbc">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like the first bouquet Any! CCF- like rubber ducky squeaking shoes? That would drive me bonkers. I'm up north for FFIL's art show this weekend. FI ditched me to play golf so here I am entertaining myself with my favorite knotties.
    Posted by kodakitty[/QUOTE]

North, where????

And yes. Except they were pink and sounded like a rubber ducky. I wanted to smack the mom.
  • Options
    My sister had a pair of those when we were little. They were so annoying.
  • Options
    Herro!  I just got back from lunch with CardMonsta. Now I'm trying to motivate myself to clean up for when my mom comes tomorrow.
  • Options
    Kayla, YGPM back!

Sarah, I know what you mean.. I was never into them when I was young either, but I had a BF in HS who was into the really obscure weird ones (Emma Frost, Jack Frost's daughter, for example..) so I started reading the mainstream ones.. I like them a lot now. Hahah.
  • Options
    Koda, I'M ON YOUR WAY HOME! You should make a pit stop just to say hi, and then you can go. Hahahahaha..

NATESILOVEYOUSOMUCH.I'MREREADINGTHEFBTHINGFROMLASTNIGHTANDDYINGAGAIN..
  • Options
    Haha, that was ALL KINDS of awesome.  I say that becomes a weekly date.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anyone-around-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2e404cca-0ac2-4874-89c8-2bd11cbbe4acPost:c207e387-421f-498e-af44-8888b59f6858">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha, that was ALL KINDS of awesome.  I say that becomes a weekly date.
    Posted by ZombieNates[/QUOTE]

OMG yes. Please.

Kayla, did you hear that?? Be on FB on Friday, ok?? ;)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anyone-around-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2e404cca-0ac2-4874-89c8-2bd11cbbe4acPost:c207e387-421f-498e-af44-8888b59f6858">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha, that was ALL KINDS of awesome.  I say that becomes a weekly date.
    Posted by ZombieNates[/QUOTE]

Hahah. Not gonna lie, I read it with all sorts of jealousy. Yeah, I just creeped like 20 people out, I know.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anyone-around-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2e404cca-0ac2-4874-89c8-2bd11cbbe4acPost:9b7c7659-757e-4224-bf35-7d3d9a8114c6">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone around? : OMG yes. Please. Kayla, did you hear that?? Be on FB on Friday, ok?? ;)

OKAY! Oh, and I sent on more PM. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards