Snarky Brides
Options

S/O nails

How many of you had acrylic nails done for your wedding? How did you do them?

I for the life of my cannot quit biting my nails. So me growing natural beautiful nails is REALLY out of the question.

Re: S/O nails

• Options
    I wear acrylics all the time.

I would also recommend the gel tips.  They last longer and will get you through your honeymoon.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nails?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2f82d5b6-5115-4a74-bbb4-a1d3d692935aPost:20d4bd74-88aa-4e61-a0fc-bccc9e337ba9">Re: S/O nails</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wear acrylics all the time. I would also recommend the gel tips.  They last longer and will get you through your honeymoon.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

I was told to go with the crystal powder (which is what I usually use) I haven't actually heard of the gel tips. What's the difference?
  • Options
    I agree with the tips.

I had a huge nail biting problem for years.  I had tips put on when I bartended and when I had them removed it had been long enough to break my nail biting habit.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nails?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2f82d5b6-5115-4a74-bbb4-a1d3d692935aPost:440f0724-a632-4946-8cad-4aabdea9b13a">Re: S/O nails</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with the tips. I had a huge nail biting problem for years.  I had tips put on when I bartended and when I had them removed it had been long enough to break my nail biting habit.
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

See I am hoping that wearing them will cause me to stop biting them as well. I don't even attempt to bite my nails when I have tips.
  • Options
    I was thinking about this too!  I don't bite my nails but my polish always chips so I wanted to get something for my wedding.  Are the gel tips thick or thin?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I do my own acrylics all the time so I will do them for my wedding. I order my supplies wholesale and just do them at home. The cost is about $3 a month. I do a new set each time as they look better and I like to let my natural nail breath over a weekend before doing new set. I use white tips and so I always have a french manicure but can put polish over if I want. Mine tend to last about 3-4weeks and still look good. I used to go and get them done but I found it did more damage to my real nail bed than I wanted. Took me a while to get into the hang of it but I have been doing it for years now.
  • Options
    I hear you on the nail biting thing. I have trouble stopping, especially when they break or spilt.

I'm doing press-ons (you keep them on for a week) for my wedding since I don't think I'll keep up with acrylics and I can't stop biting my nails. I have some really pretty gold and red scallop pattern press-ons since I like color on my nails over french manicures.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nails?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2f82d5b6-5115-4a74-bbb4-a1d3d692935aPost:f93a1cb5-8cbf-45c3-875d-a2aecdeacbac">Re: S/O nails</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: S/O nails : I was told to go with the crystal powder (which is what I usually use) I haven't actually heard of the gel tips. What's the difference?
    Posted by undyingmizery[/QUOTE]

Crystal powder is the same as acrylic.  Gel and Shelac (sp) are the same thing just by different brands.  You paint the acrylic, for gel/shelac it comes in different colors so no polish is involved.  They are less likely to chip and last much longer.  Nail polish will fade after a week and you usually need a new top coat.  You dont need that with gel.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    I'm one of the few who didn't, I think. my nails are damaged and have been for a couple of years, so I just keep them cut short, and put a light colored polish on them.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards