Snarky Brides

average venues/ food cost?

This is still the early stages of our wedding planning, but I was curious to see what people thought about a quote I recieved.  I am located in southern vermont with not a lot of catering choices, so I found a place in nearby ny state(about 30 minute drive).  The place is beautiful only books one wedding per day, give us use of the facility which includes a formal dining room and a glass enclosed reception room, with bar. They have beautiful safari style cane chairs so no seat covers are needed. Our ceremony can be held here for no additional fee, the meal includes a sit down dinner, salad,rolls; choice of beef, chicken or fish with sides. There is a bridal lounge and room for the groom to prepare as well.  This includes linens and a bartender.  The price is 49/pp not including tax or 19% gratuity.  I really dont know what the average cost would be if I broke it down with having to rent a facility, pay a caterer, rent linens, bartender fee, possibly rent a tent/table/chairs etc.  Does this seem like a good deal?

Re: average venues/ food cost?

• These costs vary a lot regionally. Compared to what things cost near me it sounds quite reasonable but it may be expensive where you are. The only way for you to really know is to compare it to other venues in your area.
  • Would the ceremony still be in VT or would you have that in NY too?  You just want to be sure to get the proper marriage license.  I know this has nothing to do with your actual question.  
  • Sounds like a good price. Have you checked their reviews on Yelp and The Wedding Channel?
  • edited January 2013
    thank you everyone, the ceremony will be held in ny state as well so I will have to check on the marriage license.  I did check reviews found a few mixed reviews but the not as good ones were from before, they are under new management and the reviews since have been great.  
  • Go to www.costofwedding.com and see what the norm is for wedding spending in your area
    ****The Future Mrs. Ikeard**** wedding countdown

• less than any quotes I got. however, cost really varies depending on the area and the season. 
  • sounds cheap to me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards