Snarky Brides
Options

Can I just say...

that while I love the 4th of July, I will be so glad when it's over. I swear every single one of our neighbors have bought eleventy billion dollars worth of fireworks, and now the dog is so scared she won't go outside to take a piss.

Re: Can I just say...

• Options
    Hahaha yep. It's going on here too!
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    My dog HATES fireworks, not because it scares him but because their loud and he doesnt like noises that he has not approved in advance. He barks, CONSTANTLY. lastnight was hell.
  • Options
    We live around a bunch of old people, so we're lucky in that regard. The only time we usually hear fireworks is on the 4th, at night. But we were at a friend's last night and the kids next door set them off all night long, loud ones. So annoying.
  • Options
    I could swear my city has a no fireworks ordinance, but clearly it doesn't matter. I just don't want a bottle rocket to set our house on fire. Happened a few streets down 2 years ago.
  • Options

Poor dogs! We live in a pretty quiet neighborhood. But people around here get crazy for the 4th. It's kinda like redneck Christmas.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hmm.  In NY, I'd always hear them around this time, because I'd be annoyed that people weren't waiting until the 4th.  And they're illegal in NY.

But here in AR, where they're legal, it's silent.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_can-just-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:31e06bba-a50d-4b55-9d3e-2c7a3b7e6e5aPost:122b70ea-c769-4df1-bdb0-18cbd16b3204">Can I just say...</a>:
    [QUOTE]that while I love the 4th of July, I will be so glad when it's over. I swear every single one of our neighbors have bought eleventy billion dollars worth of fireworks, and now the dog is so scared she won't go outside to take a piss.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

Ugh no kidding.  My dog just peed in the bed.  Lovely.
  • Options
    We haven't had any set off so far. Tele was fine with it last year, but now we have a high-strung pup that we are caring for this month, too. She may turn into an absolute basket case. However, she hasn't been reacting during our afternoon thunderstorms, even when the cell is right over the house, so maybe...
    AMA over 40
    Massive uterine fibroids removed 3/06
    BFP 1/11; MM/C discovered @ 10w, loss at 6w; Cytotec
    B/W 7/11 = normal CD3, FSH 8.9; 7DPO progesterone 1.7
    Three Clomid cycles, all BFN, Off to an RE for me...
    FSH=8.7 E2=30 AMH=1.8 HSG clear, SA=great
    Inj. IUI #1 12/9/11 BFN, Inj. IUI #2 1/6/12 BFN
    Inj. IUI #3 1/30/12 BFP!, HCG doubled through 6w, 7w u/s mm/c twins
    Lost our known donor to unplanned pregnancy
    Factor V Leiden, Hetero, symptomatic
    Op Hysteroscopy 5/12, removed scar tissue and uterine septum
    Doing Cryo-DE IVF and older child adoption (Home visit- Check!)
    Beautiful hatching 5-blast transfered 8/30
    BFP 9/7/12 EDD May 19, 2013, beta #1=291 beta #2=762 beta #3=7306
    Sneek peak u/s shows HB at 6w1d!!! 123bpm!
    Still have a HB at 18w0d!!! 142bpm! Grow, baby, grow!
    Great NT scan, but, placenta previa. Resolving!
    Labile Hypertension, placed on HBP meds to try to avoid pre-e
    A/S on 12/21/12, Petra's having a baby, it's the end of the world!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PGAL Siggy Challenge- Animal Hangovers!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "Petra, you are an obese 40+ year old. Stop jumping through these hoops. Just adopt already. There is no shame in that." -Deethebee
  • Options
    None here...yet...last year, my genius FI and FBILs decided that drinking beer and lighting bottle rockets and hand tossing them would be brilliant...this year they have shine and I have a bad feeling about this...
    Mrs. Wiggins image
  • Options
    I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually glad that we're leaving tomorrow for rural IL for the weekend because the dog keeps going nuts every few minutes.  You'd think they'd habituate to it, but no...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    When I was married before, we lived about 2 blocks from the downtown area of our hicktown and the location of the fireworks staging area. Let's just say, when I sat out in the backyard to watch them, ash would sometimes fall on my face and in my lap.
    We had 2 dogs, Maggie and Annie. Maggie could hear at this time, and she was terrified of them - wouldn't go outside. Annie hid under the bed. Neither one of them would go out after 8, because of course the redneck neighbors would set crap off.
    Maggie was also afraid of thunderstorms. First clap of thunder, and from whereever she was, she'd come running to get on the couch/in the chair beside me.
    Once she went deaf, the only time storms bothered her was when she felt the thunder or saw the lightning.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    i was sitting on our screened in patio this afternoon with my cats and someone lit a firecracker. the cats both ran inside faster than i have ever seen them move. it was the funniest thing ever!
  • Options
    Fireworks are illegal in Illinois.  It can only be done by "professionals"
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    There are fireworks bans in most cities around Houston, but everyone just drives out to the sticks and buys them and shoots them off anyway.  It's annoying when you live in a suburban neighborhood with houses very close together.  I'm scared someone will set our roof on fire.  And with two babies trying to sleep, the noise is obnoxious. 
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We had that problem at our old apartment, and I HATED it.  The cat wouldn't come out of the closet for a week, I think.  But I haven't heard ANY here. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards