Snarky Brides
Options

WR: Colored Shoes

I've fallen in love with the idea of wearing colored shoes under my dress.  I would like some nice blue ballet flats (my fiance is only an inch taller than me and I can't walk in heels to save my life). 

Are these okay...?  Not enough?  Bad color?  It's "midnight" from Dessy.  My dress is a floor length, A-line, lace and beaded adventure (some idea in my siggy below).  The dress happens to have a champagne ribbon at the empire waste, but I don't want champagne shoes at all.

Thoughts?

PS: and that is not my invitation or anything - I just googled and saved the first picture I found.

Re: WR: Colored Shoes

• Options
    I really like them!  I've been looking for navy flats too, so I'lll have to look at those.  You could also pin or sew on a brooch if you wanted to dress them up more.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    Colored shoes are great! And, those look really comfy!...not to mention, they definitely look like you could re-wear them. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I really like them.  I've been looking for colored shoes to wear, too, and Zappos and Shoebuy (I think) both have features where you can narrow down your search to a specific color, and that's been helpful to me.
  • Options
    I love the idea of colored shoes for the wedding. I say go for it.  : )

I'm pretty sure I will have purple ones on with my dress.
  • Options

LOVE the idea of colored shoes.  These were mine:  (excuse the photo, DH wanted it!)  (and the dirt, i guess!)

It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Barb... that picture is hilarious.

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone!
  • Options
    I love colored shoes.  My colors are black, white and yellow so I will be wearing yellow shoes. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I like them! I wore purple shoes with my gown. I think there's a pic in my bio.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • Options
    My shoes are deep blue. My paternal grandmother was the only one dress-shopping with us (I kind of had a huge entourage because all the women in my family wanted to go) who didn't like the idea. She really loved the white shoes and said I shouldn't dye them. Oh well, can't please everyone.
  • Options
    I opted for silver shoes and rationalized they could be worn later with cocktail dresses.  I had to find some rationalization because I paid more for those shoes than I paid most of my life for rent (Really), but they are absolutely gorgeous and, of course, probably no one will even see them under my gown. 
  • Options
    I think those shoes are cute, but I second the recommendation for insoles.

I love the Dr. Scholl's Tri-Comfort Inserts (they're light blue foam). They actually provide arch support and make flat shoes way more comfy.
    http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10418648&findingMethod=rr
  • Options
    I can't buy ballet flats without trying them on first. They were so comfortable when they first got popular a few years ago, but more recently I've had a terrible finding any that didn't squeeze the bejesus out of my feet. I generally like the idea of colorful shoes, though. :)
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards