Snarky Brides
Options

WTF

I think FIs laptop just crashed while I was using it. That's the second computer to crash on me in a year. Why does technology hate me??? Now im stuck knotting from my phone :( cause he is on round 2 of his bachelor party. The computer just shut off and wont turn back on.
045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
BabyFruit Ticker
DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!

Re: WTF

• Options
    I had a laptop that did that. It overheated because the fans were blocked.
    *~* Mrs.J *~*
  • Options
    Youre a human computer virus!!!
  • Options
    Dang, that's the worst. DH won't let me touch his laptop and rightfully so.
  • Options
    I know Nebb! FI is gonna be pissed. My house has been a little active lately so I wonder if my "friends" had something to do with it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    "Friends" as in ghosts?  If so do tell!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited October 2010
    Just blame it on the tiger in the bathroom ;)

Its probably the processor. I kill at least one laptop a year at work, and this is usually the culprit. Any computer guy worth his title can recover everything from the hard drive and transfer it to a new computer. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    kbarker its a long story that's been long discussed. But short answer yes. Ghosts.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I'm not saying this to be an a-hole, but was it charged? Being that it's a laptop an all...

Just thinking maybe the battery went dead?

I've heard of the overheating being an issue too.
  • Options
    Its always plugged in. It had a full battery. I guess ill just take it to Geek Squad tomorrow. I have to go to work now.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wtf-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3f4771cc-eb33-4f45-b26e-8471ef939715Post:aae7d4bb-6916-4f41-bbd3-5d3cdb85386f">Re: WTF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not saying this to be an a-hole, but was it charged? Being that it's a laptop an all... Just thinking maybe the battery went dead? I've heard of the overheating being an issue too.
    Posted by LessThanZero[/QUOTE]

That was my first thought too. Once my laptop randomly died on me (while plugged in) and it turned out that the plug was in the port but not fully engaged so it wasn't actually charging even though it looked plugged in.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wtf-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3f4771cc-eb33-4f45-b26e-8471ef939715Post:b84d8ee2-3fc9-4a7b-a4fc-ab98ec8a697c">Re: WTF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WTF : That was my first thought too. Once my laptop randomly died on me (while plugged in) and it turned out that the plug was in the port but not fully engaged so it wasn't actually charging even though it looked plugged in.
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

And sometimes it can be pulgged in, but the battery itself is just shot and stops holding a charge, then needs to be replaced altogether.

That's creepy about the ghost, Blue. I want to hear more about that...
  • Options
    Random sidenote:  I recently got a new laptop (my first Mac and I love it!!) and the sales guy told me that leaving your laptop plugged in all the time is actually bad for the battery and makes it drain faster.  He recommended plugging it in until the battery is at 100%, then unplugging it and let it run on battery power until it gets down to 10%, then recharge it again.  Apparently the overall battery life is longer this way. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wtf-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3f4771cc-eb33-4f45-b26e-8471ef939715Post:31329197-73ef-4fc4-bfd1-6375ec904d4f">Re: WTF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Random sidenote:  I recently got a new laptop (my first Mac and I love it!!) and the sales guy told me that leaving your laptop plugged in all the time is actually bad for the battery and makes it drain faster.  He recommended plugging it in until the battery is at 100%, then unplugging it and let it run on battery power until it gets down to 10%, then recharge it again.  Apparently the overall battery life is longer this way. 
    Posted by LP11509[/QUOTE]

I heard this when I got my first phone. Something about if you always plug it in at 50% then the battery will only charge to 50% in the future, so it was important to let it get low and then charge it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wtf-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3f4771cc-eb33-4f45-b26e-8471ef939715Post:31329197-73ef-4fc4-bfd1-6375ec904d4f">Re: WTF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Random sidenote:  I recently got a new laptop (my first Mac and I love it!!) and the sales guy told me that leaving your laptop plugged in all the time is actually bad for the battery and makes it drain faster.  He recommended plugging it in until the battery is at 100%, then unplugging it and let it run on battery power until it gets down to 10%, then recharge it again.  Apparently the overall battery life is longer this way. 
    Posted by LP11509[/QUOTE]

This is true. Although, I've heard that you're only supposed to do that for the first 3 or 4 charging cycles. I definitely could be wrong, that's just what I've been told. The battery will start to underperform after a while anyway no matter what you do, unfortunately. But letting it drain down and then charging it up again (with laptops, phones and other electronics) will help the charge last longer for quite some time.
  • Options
    Can we hear more about the ghosts plz?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards