Snarky Brides
Options

Play along

What would you do if...

RIGHT THIS SECOND all of a sudden breaking news interrupted whatever youre watching on tv to inform you of attacks on the public by zombies (though they dont call them that yet), and you can start hearing sirens outside and can SEE strange things going on outside from your windows?

What would you do?

Re: Play along

• Options
    Barricade the house, if I went outside, I'd pretty much freeze to death.
  • Options
    Call my Nebby and ask her what to do.
  • Options
    We have hardly an food in the house so I guess we'd grab the food we have, hop in the car, try to get gas and drive. Not sure where we'd drive though...
  • Options
    Activate the family phone tree

Call cop friend for official status of event

determine viability of staying vs heading for the cabin

either leave or barricade
  • Options
    I wonder sometimes if zombie outbreaks always seem to escalate to such mammoth proportions because of people leaving their house rather than staying inside.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_play-along?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3fd6439e-35a2-4b44-8a5b-2420909d4ed1Post:38de8016-eadd-4006-8178-2957defa88da">Re: Play along</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wonder sometimes if zombie outbreaks always seem to escalate to such mammoth proportions because of people leaving their house rather than staying inside.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Could be.  Highly likely

i believe the human stupidity invincibility complex plays a big part.  The "but that couldn't hurt ME." mentality
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_play-along?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3fd6439e-35a2-4b44-8a5b-2420909d4ed1Post:9c6e1d49-0598-4fb2-a8b8-e13fdb8ef8cc">Re: Play along</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Play along : Could be.  Highly likely i believe the human stupidity invincibility complex plays a big part.  The "but that couldn't hurt ME." mentality
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]
    Thats probably very true.

My plan has always been to stay inside. I do live across the street from a grocery store though so if need be I could atleast go get supplies without having to go very far.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_play-along?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3fd6439e-35a2-4b44-8a5b-2420909d4ed1Post:3fb9c8c4-5426-43a1-b44c-1757d9e50a89">Re: Play along</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Play along : Thats probably very true. My plan has always been to stay inside. I do live across the street from a grocery store though so if need be I could atleast go get supplies without having to go very far.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

In that regard, I am totally boned. I live in the middle of nowhere, in Canada. Unless it happened in summer, I'm pretty much effed.
  • Options
    Didn't we have this conversation around Halloween? lol, no I love apocalypse talk.

H and I have been arguing this because we just finished the second season of 'Survivors', (what do you think of that show, Nebb?)

RIGHT this second I would be flippin' out because H is at work and I am at home with no car, so first plan of attack would be steal a car and haul ass to H.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Call my dad. Have him fly us in his helipcopter to his underground extremists friends in Utah, who literally have a bomb shelter set up. No joke.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_play-along?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3fd6439e-35a2-4b44-8a5b-2420909d4ed1Post:3fb9c8c4-5426-43a1-b44c-1757d9e50a89">Re: Play along</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Play along : Thats probably very true. My plan has always been to stay inside. I do live across the street from a grocery store though so if need be I could atleast go get supplies without having to go very far.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Staying put makes sense.  i don't like that (although small) i do live in the most populated city in the state.  Since i live on the edge of town (only 3 houses between mine and a country road)  i wonder if heading out to the farm wouldn't be a wise option.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_play-along?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3fd6439e-35a2-4b44-8a5b-2420909d4ed1Post:92493231-ac13-4969-9e6a-45e2bf1296b2">Re: Play along</a>:
    [QUOTE]Didn't we have this conversation around Halloween? lol, no I love apocalypse talk. H and I have been arguing this because we just finished the second season of 'Survivors', (what do you think of that show, Nebb?) RIGHT this second I would be flippin' out because H is at work and I am at home with no car, so first plan of attack would be steal a car and haul ass to H.
    Posted by reddy123[/QUOTE]
    Ive actually never seen survivors! (youre starting to hate me, I know!)

My husband is at work right now too. I would call hima nd tell him to haul ass CAREFULLY home and park next to the side door and come in quietly and I would wait for him to let him in. I would spend the time in between baracading all of the other doors.
  • Options
    So Nebb, should I run to the store (1 block away) then come home and barricade?
  • Options
    I think if you do there needs to be a weapon and more than one of you going for back up. You just dont know whats really out there yet.
  • Options
    Grab a gun and any other dangerous weapon around me. Gather up flashlights or candles in case of power outages. Prepare for the worst. Come to the realization people might die.
  • Options
    Alternate question: weapon of choice inside your house that you would grab?

I would choose either the fire poker or a hammer. We have an axe in the basement but i think its too heavy for me.
  • Options
    reddy123reddy123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2010
    Okay, you must watch Survivors so we can disect it together! It has a lot of flaws in its logic, but it's pretty gritty for a regular TV show, but then again the grittiness is overshadowed by cheesy dialogue. It still got me and H debating survival strategies.

In it they go by car, very similar to that game Organ Trail. It is a virus like 28 days, no zombies. They deal with looting, rape, child labor, and all sorts of things.

I didn't know about it until a week ago, in which I told a friend (who knows I have no TV or contact with pop culture) and he was like "omg Survivor is ten years old.... " I was like, "NO, Survivors!" I thought it was pretty funny he really thought I had never heard of Survivor, so believe me when I say I cannot judge any one for something they haven't seen or heard of!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Call my family and get them over here to board up together.  I got my brother the Zombie Survival Guide for his birthday, so we are well on our way to being prepared.  We own 90% of the suggested weapons, so we have plenty to choose from.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I've got no good weapons in the house. The best option is a hammer or baseball bat.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_play-along?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3fd6439e-35a2-4b44-8a5b-2420909d4ed1Post:cc85e382-102d-44d5-a061-7b2925d1ba8f">Re: Play along</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay, you must watch Survivors so we can disect it together! It has a lot of flaws in its logic, but it's pretty gritty for a regular TV show, but then again the grittiness is overshadowed by cheesy dialogue. It still got me and H debating survival strategies. In it they go by car, very similar to that game Organ Trail. It is a virus like 28 days, no zombies. They deal with looting, rape, child labor, and all sorts of things.  I didn't know about it until a week ago, in which I told a friend (who knows I have no TV or contact with pop culture) and he was like "omg Survivor is ten years old.... " I was like, "NO, Survivor s !" I thought it was pretty funny he really thought I had never heard of Survivor, so believe me when I say I cannot judge any one for something they haven't seen or heard of!
    Posted by reddy123[/QUOTE]
    I THINK I might have seen adds for this, but never actually seen it on tv.
  • Options
    I've said this before, but there is no way I would barricade myself in my first floor apartment, in my neighborhood with two homeless shelters near by.... it looks like a zombie apocalypse already and I would definitely have to fight my way out (with a baseball bat, prob, then run 'em down with stolen car).
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Baseball bats are ok, but not a long term weapon.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_play-along?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3fd6439e-35a2-4b44-8a5b-2420909d4ed1Post:1895841e-c3a1-444d-8b83-7b289ae86651">Re: Play along</a>:
    [QUOTE]Baseball bats are ok, but not a long term weapon.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

<div>So true, and I'd have to get so close. I'd prefer a shotgun or grenades, but alas, none in the house.</div>
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Tonight those zombies would freeze solid! I would wait until that happened, and then decapitate them.

Really? I'd board up the house and hunker down. The great thing about MT is that our population is totally manageable in the case of a zombie attack.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_play-along?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3fd6439e-35a2-4b44-8a5b-2420909d4ed1Post:e8f6a51d-617f-444e-9053-2c9467801dfe">Re: Play along</a>:
    [QUOTE]Alternate question: weapon of choice inside your house that you would grab? I would choose either the fire poker or a hammer. We have an axe in the basement but i think its too heavy for me.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I'd use the .22
  • Options
    We have the Zombie Survival Guide, so I'd barricade the doors until we were able to read that.
  • Options
    I worry sometimes that nailing boards to the doors would just attract more zombies. I do plan to cover all the windows with carboard boxes, plastic bags and blankets though!
  • Options
    Hmm... I don't think I have anything good in the house. I have a badminton racket and...yeah. Some knives.
  • Options
    Im pretty sure I would kick ass during a zombie attack.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    H likes weaponry a little too much, so we have a stockpile of ammunition and weapons other than guns. I think we have enough to at least make it to a store to get more ammo.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards