Snarky Brides

Good Morning! TGIF! Morning Thread!

Re: Good Morning! TGIF! Morning Thread!

• jenna - I am supremely jealous of your delivery pho. We have a few pho places around, but they're mediocre at best. I miss Pho Tan Brothers in West Seattle. Best warmup after snowboarding EVAR.

And LDY, if we get extended here in SoFlo this year, I think I might try to convince H into running the Wine & Dine w/me. That's November, right? So it shouldn't be too terribly hot. There's also the Expedition Everest Challenge in May which is kinda like Warrior Dash or Spartan Race that would be fun to do.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Sere- September 5th. i.e. FOREVER away.
  • dmiller, technically it's Indiana's fault. :) They are supposedly in charge of the construction on the bridge. It's hopefully going to be over by March. I did realize last week that there really is no way to cross through Louisville going west on I-64 without getting off of the interstate, making a U-turn, and getting back on I-65. It's ridic.
  • Good morning,

TGIF.  It snowed!  I haven't seen actual accumulated snow since that freak storm in October, even then it wasn't much.  We probably got around 3 inches, in the city you can't really tell anymore.  Thankfully public trans wasn't delayed. Today will be a pretty relaxed day at work then drinks tonight with coworkers, FI, and a few others.  I'm also thankful I finally addressed/stamped all of my STDs.  My hand hurts and it was a PITA.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-tgif-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:41dd958b-4337-49b4-a04b-d9c25fcca439Post:41d1effa-faa9-4862-a0d0-abd40572548a">Re: Good Morning! TGIF! Morning Thread!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning! TGIF! Morning Thread! : What's the book?
    Posted by Bkseller13[/QUOTE]

Tonight it's "Snow Flower and the Secret Fan". Next month is "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" which I'm super excited about. I've read it and loved it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Mehg, I should be November since that's when Food and Wine takes place. I honestly haven't looked it up yet. One of my best friends just ran the Donald Duck 1/2 a few weeks ago and said she really wanted to do the 1/2 at Epcot during food and wine, I need to get looking into it though. I hope you get to stay!
  • Mehg, it was the beginning of October this year.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-tgif-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:41dd958b-4337-49b4-a04b-d9c25fcca439Post:cd5ea209-9163-471c-85c7-c678add8ee72">Re: Good Morning! TGIF! Morning Thread!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sere- September 5th. i.e. FOREVER away.
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

A Labor Day weekend baby! Labor Day is one of the best weekends of the summer, so you'll always have a nice weekend to celebrate!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LDYGTR13LDYGTR13 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Wine and Dine was Nov 9,10 last year, so I'm sure it'll be similar again this year.

ETA: Wait - I'm sorry, THIS year it's Nov 9 & 10 =)
  • adamar15adamar15 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    LDY, where are you seeing that?  My friend ran in it last year.  It was Oct 1st.

ETA:  Just saw your ETA.  That's weird that they moved it a whole month.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Morning ladies.  Just got home from a Drs appt.  It snowed here last night and its so pretty outside.  Nice and sunny too.

I need to pick a class for school.  The semester starts monday and I havent signed up yet.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Steph - My birthday is Sept 6th. ;-)

The Wine & Dine course starts at ESPN Wide World of Sport, then heads west taking you through Animal Kingdom, once out of AK you head northeast to go through Hollywood Studios, then due north to go through Epcot. Not a bad race, you get to see three parks. If we get to stay, I'm totally down.

My CW did the Chip & Dale relay a few weeks ago and loved it. Her finisher medal is so purdy, and the participation tshirt is badass, too.
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-tgif-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:41dd958b-4337-49b4-a04b-d9c25fcca439Post:8547c650-127c-47f8-8b1a-85e5c6ced851">Re: Good Morning! TGIF! Morning Thread!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning! TGIF! Morning Thread! : Ugh!  That was me this morning too, Steph. Seriously, our roads were bare. The was snow in the grass, and on the trees but the roads are bare people, let's not be stupid! <strong>It's almost like they've never seen snow before lol
    </strong>Posted by MRSBJS[/QUOTE]

Same in Chicago MrsBJS.  It's Chicago, people; it's the same thing every year - it gets cold and it snows.  Luckily I'll be working through tonight's rush.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-tgif-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:41dd958b-4337-49b4-a04b-d9c25fcca439Post:2c605819-1b3a-4a1c-9d86-c896c9e6db51">Re: Good Morning! TGIF! Morning Thread!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Don't know, but I dont mind. The further from summer the better!
    Posted by LDYGTR13[/QUOTE]

Maybe because that's toward the end of hurricane season (Nov 30th) so there's less chance of rain? I like that it's at night, too. I think out of all the races, this one has the most 'goodies', since the race retreat at Epcot is free (IIRC).
    Photobucket
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-tgif-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:41dd958b-4337-49b4-a04b-d9c25fcca439Post:acb83597-af7e-4d0d-912d-1adec5431f3f">Re: Good Morning! TGIF! Morning Thread!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning ladies.  Just got home from a Drs appt.  It snowed here last night and its so pretty outside.  Nice and sunny too. I need to pick a class for school.  The semester starts monday and I havent signed up yet.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

<div>Not to be the woman of 1000 questions but:</div><div>
    </div><div>What are you going to school for?</div><div>What "type" of class are you looking to take (business, art, etc.)?</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-tgif-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:41dd958b-4337-49b4-a04b-d9c25fcca439Post:6a624bd2-71cb-48e9-a926-61a9ff281231">Re: Good Morning! TGIF! Morning Thread!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning! TGIF! Morning Thread! : Not to be the woman of 1000 questions but: What are you going to school for? What "type" of class are you looking to take (business, art, etc.)?
    Posted by lbarr088[/QUOTE]

I dont really go to school for anything.  I went for real 10 years ago, but I like learning new things so I take a class or 2 each semester at a CC that is 10 min from my house.  I like classes in history, philosophy, and english and religion, but I have taken most of them.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-tgif-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:41dd958b-4337-49b4-a04b-d9c25fcca439Post:bc024c4a-d788-4881-adb2-5845e4910838">Re: Good Morning! TGIF! Morning Thread!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning! TGIF! Morning Thread! : I dont really go to school for anything.  I went for real 10 years ago, <strong>but I like learning new things so I take a class or 2 each semester at a CC that is 10 min from my house.</strong>  I like classes in history, philosophy, and english and religion, but I have taken most of them.

<div>
    </div><div>That's awesome.  I wish I had the time (more like motivation) to do that.  I'm hoping to go back to school full time at some point, you know, when I'm a millionaire.  What happens when you've taken all of them?  Move on to a new CC?</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-tgif-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:41dd958b-4337-49b4-a04b-d9c25fcca439Post:d1f7403f-74e6-4cf2-942a-20ff18fdb6bf">Re: Good Morning! TGIF! Morning Thread!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning! TGIF! Morning Thread! : That's awesome.  I wish I had the time (more like motivation) to do that.  I'm hoping to go back to school full time at some point, you know, when I'm a millionaire. <strong><u> What happens when you've taken all of them?</u></strong>  Move on to a new CC?
    Posted by lbarr088[/QUOTE]

Im not sure.  Maybe take some sociology classes?  They also have some really random humanities classes.  Like "Searching for heros", lol.  They do have some law classes that look interesting.  I would be happy to take some of those, but I have to take the intro class first to be able to take the rest, and they dont offer it the days I want to go.  Same thing with some ethics classes.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Holy morning thread.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-tgif-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:41dd958b-4337-49b4-a04b-d9c25fcca439Post:26eaaa18-865d-4d7d-9044-2006fbf3e3e9">Re: Good Morning! TGIF! Morning Thread!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Holy morning thread.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

Nice ass.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-tgif-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:41dd958b-4337-49b4-a04b-d9c25fcca439Post:26eaaa18-865d-4d7d-9044-2006fbf3e3e9">Re: Good Morning! TGIF! Morning Thread!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Holy morning thread.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

HEY. Are you still coming to hang out with me tonight? or are you guys getting burried in snow down there?
  • Wooo!  Haha!  Blue, you've been cracking me up lately.

Steph, as of right now I'm still planning on coming.  I'll probably wait until closer to when I leave to make a final decision, but it's supposed to stop in a few hours so the roads should be ok by then. 

• I would like the 2 of you to bring a tape recorder to make sure you DO NOT TALK ABOUT TK at the G2G.  MMMk?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • This one time, Steph and I had a 3 hour margarita lunch where we probably only talked about TK for about 5 minutes.  Fact.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-tgif-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:41dd958b-4337-49b4-a04b-d9c25fcca439Post:cb06d6fc-0af3-4492-a802-3a07eeceabc1">Re: Good Morning! TGIF! Morning Thread!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning! TGIF! Morning Thread! : Man, I thought we'd be worth at least 10 minutes. 
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

DUH. That's what fb is for.
  • No we were far too busy talking about ourselves.  We're kind of self absorbed like that.

• Good morning!

Holy cow what a huge thread. I'm in a good mood today. School was cancelled again, we've had massive flooding (pretty scary) but I'm happy to be home reading and oh yeah WAITING ON A BABY!!

I was supposed to be throwing a baby shower tomorrow but baby Gabe decided to come 3 weeks early. I am anxiously waiting for a phone call so I can go meet him :) I can't believe I'll be holding a brand new baby in the next day or so. There is nothing more wonderful :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just got all sorts of confused.  I thought you were going to say you are pregnant, lol.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-tgif-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:41dd958b-4337-49b4-a04b-d9c25fcca439Post:93b64714-2128-4e0b-b26e-165f8ef96f88">Re: Good Morning! TGIF! Morning Thread!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just got all sorts of confused.  I thought you were going to say you are pregnant, lol.

No no no haha. But Troy did tell me "umm I think you're more excited about Grace having a baby than she is" lol Totally not true. But I am pretty excited. She's a childhood friend and I'll be practically an aunt.

How are you Blue?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards