Snarky Brides

Help me make a major life decision

Okay. Not really. It's just my hair, but whatever. I need help. I have a hair appointment at 4:30 and I started looking at pictures to see what style / color I wanted. Every picture I picked out was blond. It was strange. This one is my favorite:

So, what do you guys think? Should I go blond? My hair is still the same way it is in my sig. I need a change.

Re: Help me make a major life decision

• edited December 2011
    DO IT. I seriously considered going platinum when I cut all my hair off. But it just doesn't work well with my coloring. I look better brunette. I think you could totally pull it off though.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • I think I'd have to see a close up picture with your skin tone to see if it would look good or not. I feel like some natural brunettes look weird with bright blond hair.
  • Maybe try a darker blonde or dirty blonde before going ALL the way blonde?  Just to test the waters a bit.

That's what I would do, though.  Because I'm a chickenshit.  If you're feeling ballsy, go for it.  The worst thing that would happen is you look weird, and if you do, it's easily dyed back dark.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_major-life-decision?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:43c97f15-1da2-41ca-9266-069de0414b30Post:8b6ebb7f-82e3-4234-b897-bc69ca623448">Re: Help me make a major life decision</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think I'd have to see a close up picture with your skin tone to see if it would look good or not. I feel like some natural brunettes look weird with bright blond hair.
    Posted by Birdie1483[/QUOTE]
    Yes. I'm thinking you have the same skin tone as me, Cew. I tried blonde once and it did not work at all. I dyed my hair back to brown the same day.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_major-life-decision?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:43c97f15-1da2-41ca-9266-069de0414b30Post:8b6ebb7f-82e3-4234-b897-bc69ca623448">Re: Help me make a major life decision</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think I'd have to see a close up picture with your skin tone to see if it would look good or not. I feel like some natural brunettes look weird with bright blond hair.
    Posted by Birdie1483[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm worried about. I don't have a better picture of me on my work computer. Damn it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_major-life-decision?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:43c97f15-1da2-41ca-9266-069de0414b30Post:c5979255-c180-4f15-8c6c-0fb3d00f0335">Re: Help me make a major life decision</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe try a darker blonde or dirty blonde before going ALL the way blonde?  Just to test the waters a bit. That's what I would do, though.  Because I'm a chickenshit.  If you're feeling ballsy, go for it.  The worst thing that would happen is you look weird, and if you do, it's easily dyed back dark.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

Right now, it has copper / blonde hightlights and I hate it. I just feel like it looks so "normal". If I don't go blonde, I 'm going to go darker.
  • Try blonde then!  I mean why not.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_major-life-decision?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:43c97f15-1da2-41ca-9266-069de0414b30Post:d3e451be-d1ae-4409-9c47-bd3bfd42f5e9">Re: Help me make a major life decision</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Help me make a major life decision : Yes. I'm thinking you have the same skin tone as me, Cew. I tried blonde once and it did not work at all. I dyed my hair back to brown the same day.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I don't want to regret it, but I'm also not worried about it looking too horrible because I can always dye it back the next time. When I cut all of my hair off, I did it on a whim, so I am kind of impulsive when it comes to hair.
  • You KNOW I have to pick Mountain Goat. How can I not?

So, I have to answer with a resounding YES here. I think you would look amazing!
    I do agree with Birdie on the skin tone thing, but a reputable hair dresser would know whether gold blonde or silver blonde looks better with your skin tone.
  • I think you'd look really great with a rich dark chocolatey color with some subtle auburn highlights, not chunky highlights, but more natural. Or a rich dark color with some shimmery auburn hues.
  • I have been blonde before when I was in highschool, but it was bottle blonde. I'd love to try it with someone who knows what they are doing.
  • I voted 'yes', because I need a hair change too, once it gets to my shoulders I might put highlights in near the bangs just for something different.
    Photobucket
  • I'm impulsive when it comes to hair too. I change my style/color like 5 or 6 a year.

I think if it's something you want to do, then go for it. It's hair--it will grow back and you can always change the color.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_major-life-decision?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:43c97f15-1da2-41ca-9266-069de0414b30Post:2461f532-21e6-4dd2-812d-e34432910b37">Re: Help me make a major life decision</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think you'd look really great with a rich dark chocolatey color with some subtle auburn highlights, not chunky highlights, but more natural. Or a rich dark color with some shimmery auburn hues.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I was thinking. If I don't do the blond, I'm going to do something like this.
  • What do your eyebrows look like?

I hate platinum blondes with dark eyebrows.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!

• Okay. I found a somewhat closeup picture. Please disregard our stupid faces.
  • cew- do it! and share pics. You will look sessy!

I wish I had your balls. I have always wanted to chop all my hair off but I am totally a chicken.

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • You can do it, Star!  Just close your eyes and don't open them until it's done.
  • LOL I think I'd cry while they cut it. I jsut worry because my hair is curly. What if I ended up with a fro?!

Would you leave your brows darker or would u dye them too?

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • I voted blonde, but you'll need to lighten your eyebrows, I think. I'm with blue; that's an awful look! 

You'll be so pretty blonde!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_major-life-decision?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:43c97f15-1da2-41ca-9266-069de0414b30Post:07b22be8-8ab5-4bd0-8b06-321c5e2db2de">Re: Help me make a major life decision</a>:
    [QUOTE]LOL I think I'd cry while they cut it. I jsut worry because my hair is curly. What if I ended up with a fro?! Would you leave your brows darker or would u dye them too?
    Posted by Starmusica[/QUOTE]

I would dye them too. Not  too light though because I don't want to look like I don't have any. :)

And i was worried about the fro thing too because I my hair is curly, but when I cut it all off, I cut it so short that the curl went away. It was glorious!
  • I voted blonde. I think you'll get a lot of comparisons to Sharon Stone as a blonde, but even as a brunette, I think you look a lot like her. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_major-life-decision?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:43c97f15-1da2-41ca-9266-069de0414b30Post:f4d6c7b5-cc19-42c4-8515-41f9dff3e1a6">Re: Help me make a major life decision</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Help me make a major life decision : I would dye them too. Not  too light though because I don't want to look like I don't have any. :) And i was worried about the fro thing too because I my hair is curly, but when I cut it all off, I cut it so short that the curl went away. It was glorious!
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>OOO you are going to look gorgeous!</div><div>
    </div><div>Very interesting about the curl- maybe there is hope for me. Someday. When I grow a pair.</div>

my book shelf:
  • Thanks Dmiller! Sharon Stone is hot. I would love to be compared to her.

Alright. I'm heading out. Wish me luck. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do, but if I go blond, I'll come back with pictures. Thanks so much for everyone's advice!
  • Oooh! Go blond, then come back and show us how amazing you look.

• Hey guys! Thanks again for all of your help. Just wanted to give you an update. I went in with the picture of the blond and my hair dresser told me that he thought it would look great, but he wouldn't have time to do it because I had somewhere that I had to be at 7:00. So, I decided to go in the opposite direction and went with the cut in that picture, but with black cherry as the color. It's basically black with a really warm red color that shows when light shines on my hair. It's also sort of purple. I don't have  any pictures, but this pretty close to the color (it's not quite as violet). I actually really like it.

• PICTURES... when you have time :) Sounds gorgeous :)

my book shelf:
  • You should have gone for that cut, too! :) Show us the hair, damnit! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards