Snarky Brides
Options

Early GM?

Anyone else awake yet? I went to bed a little early last night and actually got a full night of sleep. woohoo!

We've got 'the' ultrasound today, so H and I both took the whole day off of work. I think the plan is to go to the dr appt then stop at a credit union and switch over from stupid Wells Fargo (finally!), then off to register! 

I hope it gets a little nicer out, though. It's 27* right now. I want my 70s back, please, Mother Nature.

Re: Early GM?

• Options
    What time is your appointment? I expect an immediate update.

I'm here, been at work since about 5:30. I have to go to the dentist at 4, which I'm not looking forward to. I already know I need a few teeth worked on.

I emailed my latest book to myself so I can edit it at work. I need to get through 200 more pages by Friday.
  • Options
    haha. U/S is at 8am! but I have two other appts right after, so we'll probably be there until at least 10am.  I've yet to get in and out of the clinic in under 2 hours.  

And 5:30 is way too early to start work. Are you the only person there that early?? Or do other people work crazy hours too?

I have a dentist appt next month, and I'm not looking forward to it. I'm pretty sure I have at least one new cavity. blech.
  • Options
    One guy gets in at like 4am because of his wife's work schedule and their baby (she leaves as soon as he gets home). Another lady in a different department has a schedule like midnight to 8am - that is insane. I don't even know how it's allowed, but whatever.

Usually the only people here besides the rare earlybirds are the janitors. A lady was vacuuming my area when I came in this morning.

Also, it's gonna be a girl. Yiou should name her Arianna.
  • Options
    Morning ladies! I went to bed early so I could come in at 5am today to get a workout in. I had a feeling we'd be short-staffed today, and I was right. I'm literally the ONLY person in the office right now and we opened a half hour ago.

Have fun at your appts today, Steph!! I'm excited for you.

Sesh, good luck with editing. That sounds rough, but I know you can do it.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    Mornin'! I m up, currently taking a walk. Its nice and cool and just me and the deer. Good news is that posting on TK is much improved with this new mobile site. Steph, I think it's a boy. I'm so excited for you. I remember how it felt that day. Amazing! Seahawks, I think I'd get more done if I got to work before anyone could bother me. That actually sounds like heaven
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    And your new autocorrect name is Seahawks, Sesh.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    haha Sarah, I love it! Seahawks are my favorite team.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    Haha, Seahawks. I'll take it.

And yes, I do get more done. It's peaceful and no one bothers me or talks or blares music.
  • Options
    Steph- I can't wait! :-) I have a doctors appointment too. Just a regular ultra sound since my last doctor was terrible. This doctor will tell us if all is looking okay. I'm pretty sure H will be deployed when we find out if it'll be a boy or girl. I hope everyone has a great day. Yesterday, I ran for the first time since getting a positive test so I look forward to it again today. I pretty much slow jog and only do two minutes run, 2 minutes walk but it felt so so much better than just walking. Who would have thought that I'd ever miss running?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I only work a half hour off schedule (7:30-4 instead of 8-4:30), and I cherish that first 30 minutes. I swear I get more done in the first half hour than the rest of the day, sometimes. 

Thanks everyone :) i'm nervous now, but I'm trying to make myself eat something and drink some juice so the bean isn't a lazy butt again. (Last u/s he/she refused to move at all. ha)
  • Options
    YAY! Ultrasound day! I'm excited for you, Steph, especially since you want to know who's in there. Fingers, toes, legs and eyes crossed that all goes exactly to plan and LO is happy and healthy in there.

I was hunting for a dress yesterday for a wedding I'm going to in a couple of weeks, and failed miserably. There are no nice dressy dresses iin maternity styles. At least not in my area...ugh. BUT! I did see an emo kid in super skinny jeans trying to ride his bike in the extreme winds. I admit to laughing hard, and laughing loudly at that one.
  • Options
    ha sept. I'm trying to find a cute dress for a wedding next month. I want it to be one that I can wear at least a few times, though, so I don't want it to be too dressy. I found one at Old Navy that I love, but every time I put it in my online bag and wait a day for a coupon code, it goes out of stock. I'm just going to buy it next time (I mean, seriously, it's $25 at regular price.)

It's this one:

Sarah, is there another new mobile site? I hated the last one, so I just use the regular site on my phone, which seems to work ok most of the time.
  • Options
    FFS. My Old Navy doesn't have that dress! That's cute...I could dress it up or down really easily. Way to go, Canadian Old Navy. Yell
  • Options
    Heynow, DJ. We did our taxes... last week. ha 

Why is today tax day? I know the 15th was a Sunday, but why not make them due yesterday then??

And we're registering at Babies R Us and Target. Nothing exciting, but those are the most accessible stores. We just got one of those Buy Buy Baby stores in the Twin Cities, so I want to check it out. It's part of the Bed Bath and Beyond chain, so you can use those sweet 20% coupons there!
  • Options
    Really? Do people still not know how to use computers? EVERYTHING we needed for taxes was online. All student loan interest statements, all our mortgage crap, even our county property taxes!
  • Options
    Oh, Steph, you'd be amazed at how many people can't use computers. Even in my job, which is dependant on them. One guy I work with copies URLs from our forms, pastes them into Word, then makes them a hyperlink, then opens them from the document. Why?
    "Because putting the URL into the IE URL field is too confusing."
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I woke up in a bad mood. Fat brenda (thats not really her name) who is transfering tasks over to me is not impressed with the speed of which i am doing so, she wants me to take everything now and I have to omuch on my plate to do so and she complained about me on Friday to the controller (who I think brushed it off and talked to me and explained as such), and then when she informed me yesterday that I was taking it all over at 1pm (didnt ask, informed) and I asked if we could push it back because of how busy I was, she went and complained about me to the owner and his wife and they sent out an email about it. I get the distinct impression she thinks im being difficult, that im not busy at all, and is painting me in a bad light because she isnt getting her way. I made sure to nip that in the bud and talked to the controller again about it and turns out he stepped in after fat brenda had left to explain my side so thaty they are aware just how busy I am. Im most likely going to have to stay late the rest of this week to catch up. Its really depressing the hell outta me.
  • Options
    Good Morning!  Yay for ultrasounds!!!  I remember those days lol.  I get up 5am every morning with FI and send him off to work.  Then I sign in here and party like a rock star until I have to get ready for work.  I go to work and that's always fun right up until I time in....lol no really I love my job, just hate the politics. Good to hear tax day makes someone happy, everyone around here is grumbling lol
    Wedding Countdown TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Oh, man, Someone brought in like 30 donuts for us to enjoy. DONUTS, AATB!

I'm in heaven.
  • Options
    Steph- we had teachers quit because the grade book system was going online. Yup. Teachers.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    oy. I mean, I'm really not surprised. My old job was managing an online off-campus listing service. Where landlords would update their property listings, etc.  I don't know how many times I heard "so your email address is www.abc.edu?" uh, no.
  • Options
    Good morning. Yay for THE appointment, Steph!

Good luck at your appointment too, Hike!

We did our taxes last week, too. Typically we do them as earlier as possible but since we owed a shiitton this year we figured why bother doing it early? But we do them ourselves so at least we aren't inconveniencing anyone but ourselves.

I'm irritated with my family.  They plan things (like my grandmother's birthday event this weekend) only days in advanced, notify people just before said event, and just expect everyone to be available.  H and I have plans and I don't really appreciate being made to feel bad about it because of their lack of planning skills.  Ugh this happens all the time.  And this weekend the place they want to go is over an hour away and they only serves deep fried food, which I don't eat.   Maybe I'm a selfish jerk, but I'm just so tired of every single family event coming together last minute.  Gah, okay there's my early morning vent.

Have a great day, ladies!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We did our taxes in January. It was a mad rush to ge them done before H left for his grandpa's funeral in February, because we needed the return money to fix his truck. His taxes are so crazy that he has to do them each month to avoid a gigantic mess.

Shay, don't feel bad. You already have oplans and that's that.

Also, we have writers here who don't know how to C&P using just the keyboard. COME ON PEOPLE.
  • Options
    I just can't comprehend not knowing basic computer skills (copy and pasting??).  I guess that's part of growing up in a technology generation but still.  We have faculty members that are teaching online courses that do nothing for the course because they don't know how and they don't want to know how.  We upload everything and design their course sites for them and they assign a TA to do everything that has to do with the web. Some of them never even log into the course all semester.  It's ridiculous.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_early-gm?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:4d1c33e7-c42f-4be1-95a9-f81be2a23e35Post:d9202d2e-f051-41b9-b4bb-978e20ce1f96">Re: Early GM?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just can't comprehend not knowing basic computer skills (copy and pasting??).  I guess that's part of growing up in a technology generation but still.  We have faculty members that are teaching online courses that do nothing for the course because they don't know how and they don't want to know how.  We upload everything and design their course sites for them and they assign a TA to do everything that has to do with the web. Some of them never even log into the course all semester.  It's ridiculous.
    Posted by shaydenise[/QUOTE]

How is that even allowed? I log on to my class at least once a day. I can't imagine never looking at it and just letting someone else take over. Granted, my course is very simple, but still.
  • Options
    Sesh, I have no idea.  The university tried to make a "required" training course for e-learning but "required" turned into optional pretty quick.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Woo Steph!  It will be an exciting day :)

Morning all,
    I'm tired because I slept like crap last night.  It was around 90 here yesterday and the apartment was pretty toasty.  It cooled off a lot last night so we slept with a fan on and the windows open... problem was it was also windy so every time the blinds started flapping in the wind I would wake up all startled thinking someone was breaking in.  Once it got cold enough I just ended up closing the windows at around 3 in the morning.  Then FI took all of the blankets and I just sat there all grumpy and wide awake.  
  • Options
    Good luck Steph! I think it's a boy, but everybody I know lately is having boys.

Morning, everyone else! Hike, I'm not even KU and I can't get myself to go running.Even though in theory, I'd like to run even 15 minutes a day. Bah.

Full day of work, then my first haircut/color in 16 weeks tonight-I.CAN"T.WAIT. Plus a spray tan to prep for Vegas. Woop!

Have a good day ladies!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh, and happy tax day, DJ! You deserve to take tomorrow off. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Haha, you guys. It's like the blind leading the blind over here. Why do new people ask each other for help? Why not go to one of your supervisors or designated helpers? All I hear right now is people telling each other the wrong thing, or people who have been here a total of 2 days saying "Oh no, we can't do that. Put it on hold, definitely."

No wonder quality sucks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards