Snarky Brides
Options

It's All In The Family [Long!!]

Interesting story.  First off, I was slated to be a BM in 2 weddings next month, my brother's and my friend's DW.  Well, now its down to just my friend's DW.  My FSIL's mother has been in the hospital since the end of April, and although she is recovering, would not have been able to attend the wedding.  After a week of a lot of drama from both families involved pouring on my FSIL, her and my brother decided their new day would be June 4 next year.  (I'm really happy about this, simply because she was doing too much herself, and stressing out too much for her happy day.)  So, that's one marriage in the family for next year.

My cousin just got engaged mid-May when he proposed to his girlfriend while at Vegas for his brother's 21st birthday.  There was a little competition between which day he would get and which I would get.  They are getting married on July 23 next year.

And now my wedding.  We got engaged August 1 last year, and picked August 13 next year for our wedding.  Crazy schedule (so far) is bridal shower for brother in May, his marriage in June, cousin's bridal shower [probably] after my brother's wedding, followed by mine sometime in July.  Then cousin's wedding, then mine.  Lots.

Finally, my other cousin just got engaged.  Now, when my other cousin and I got engaged, both acted similarly--calling every aunt and grandparent.  A couple days after I got engaged, my FI and I went to my grandfather's house to tell him in person (after telling him on the phone).  This other cousin told everyone (relatives included) via Facebook.  It's been four days now, and my parents have yet to get a phone call from him about the happy news.  He also has yet to inform my grandfather.  It just breaks my heart because that family never tells my grandfather anything until at least two weeks after the fact, which by that time he's heard it from everyone else!

So, there's potentially four weddings (definitely 3) all on my side of the family within 3 months!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: It's All In The Family [Long!!]

• Options

That sucks about your Grandpa, but I have cousins who could give a schit less about my 88 year old Grandfather too.  It will be their loss when he is gone.

Dont worry about all the weddings.  There will be plenty of room for celebrating for everyone.

045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    That sounds like a total blast!  I mean... I guess aside from how your one cousin told people (facebook!?  really!), I think a lot of weddings in the family are way fun.  You guys will all be hanging out and having fun for months.  Sweet.
    panther
  • Options
    Sounds hectic but fun.  We are in a similar boat.  I will be getting married in May and my cousin in August of next year and supposedly my brother and his gf want to get in on the marriage action but no definite plans of that yet.  The family events since the engagements have been like wedding planning parties it's great.  My cousin's fiancee was also a life saver this past weekend when I had to make the annoucement that we would not be having kids at the wedding she totally backed me up.  But really the part that we're all looking forward to is having babies together (err... I mean around the same time not "together" LOL)
  • Options
    Hopefulyl ya'll are really close together so it won't cost you boat loads of cash in travel fees. lol. Congrats and the thing with them not telling Grandpa and on facebook is crazy . Good Luck and congrats.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    mrscarter, it definitely will be hectic next year for us both.  And as a family, all of us are pretty close.  I do feel sympathy for the family that is from out-of-state.  The four engaged couples in my family are relatively close, within one hour driving distance of each other.  Some family is out of state (mainly North Carolina), so I wouldn't be surprised if they don't go to all the weddings this summer.  Either way, all the weddings are gonna be fun :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I wish I was in your family for all the fun celebrations! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2011 Reading Challenge

Jessica has read 16 books toward her goal of 150 books.
    hide
    "It's fine to have an open mind, just not so open your brains fall out."
  • Options
    that's how we found out my brother and his wife were having a baby.  they told his mom and she put it on her facebook and our cousin saw it and told his mom who told everyone before my brother got a chance to.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards