April 2012 Weddings

Married but planning the wedding we never had

I need help!
 My dh and i have been married for 3yrs. We married at the local recorders office on April 1st(not realizing the date) and said we would plan our wedding later on, well needless to say we planned for our wedding that following year and i ended up pregnant. We pushed back for the following year and low and behold i was pregnant again so we pushed it back again, luckily Wayfarers chapel very sweetly allowed us to do this. 
Now I am here married with 2 children and looking to plan that wedding we never had, so my ? is how do i go about this what do the invites say do i just consider this a vow renewal??

Re: Married but planning the wedding we never had

• I see this post is old but just wanted to say my husband and I are doing this.  I don't see anything wrong with it.  I think (as does Meriam Webster) that a WEDDING is a "marriage ceremony usually with its accompanying festivities".  Ceremony is the obvious subject of this definition.  For those that don't know what a ceremony is either- http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ceremony.  So you really didn't have a ceremony and certainly no accompanying "festivities".  My point is that getting legally married and having a wedding are not the same thing.  One is a piece of paper, a legal contract and the other is a spiritual and celebratory acknowledgment with people you care about.  It's like saying because someone died they had a funeral- when clearly not all people do... and there are very obvious reasons why that can't really be done years later, but even then people do have second memorial services or postpone them.  Do what makes you happy!  Your friends and family that care will come enjoy food and dancing.  The others can sit at home and complain online about whatever they want :)
    arjust09
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards