Snarky Brides
Options

Gooood Morning!

It's my first day of work since....December? I'm very excited to start my new job today.  Even though it means sitting in the same room all day long for the next three days. And wearing business casual for the first week.

In other news, Mother's Day was alright - we hosted a BBQ for my family and then skyped with H's mom.

I hope you all have a lovely day! It's nice to finally join you in the workforce again. :)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Gooood Morning!

• Options
    Congrats, that's awesome!! [:
  • Options

Good Morning!

Congrats on the job sarahmonsta, that's awesome!

I took Wednesday off last week to study for this huge test that I had on Thursday, and then I had to attend this super-duper-boring awards luncheon on Friday, so I was out of the office Weds-Fri last week. Well, apparently, that cramped a lot of peoples' style because I got a few nastygrams in my inbox this morning. Ugh...bitches...

I'm only working a half day today since we have this stupid office BBQ that we have to go to. Like I said yesterday, these events are less fun when we're forced to go to them.

25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    Good morning, ladies.
    Congrats on the new job, monsta.
    So sore today.  We spent 5 hours with a jackhammer removing 28 4x4 posts set in concrete - the last remnants of the deck we're removing.  But, we had a pasta bar for dinner, and my daughter made chocolate cake.  Yum.

Have a great day, everyone!
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Morning ladies!  What a nice new pretty 'face' in the GM thread!  Good luck on your first day, CM :)

I woke up to thunder and lightning this morning :)  I think that means winter is *finally* gone! (knock on wood.)  Off to work for the day, but I'm still sleepy from this weekend, so I'm not sure how productive I'll be today.  
  • Options
    LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    Steph - we're not into spring yet.  Here's our forecast this week.  Boo.

imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I did absolutely nothing this weekend - I bbq'd, lounged outside in the sun reading, slept till noon both days and had some beers. Thats what I call a good weekend! Work shouldnt be too bad this week, but even if it is Im safe in the knowledge that next week is mega short -- half day wednesday for a doctors appointment, and off friday (and then off the following monday so 4 day weekend).

My hair feels like its trying to become fluffy today, and im not happy about that. I need a damn hair cut.
  • Options
    Good morning!  Yay for a new job CM, good luck!

I had a great weekend!  The cooking class SIL and I went to on Friday was freaking amazing!  Seriously, if you live near a Publix (they are only in the southeastern US) that does an Aprons cooking class, do it!

Saturday I went to the zoo with SIL and nephew and we spent the entire time walking around with a woman who did nothing but yell and threaten to beat her child (not "beat" but spank, she just kept saying "beat").  I was like, lady this is a freaking zoo, a child is going to run up to the glass to look at the animals just like every other child (and it wasn't like it was one of those "don't touch the glass" exhibits).  Gah, minus that is was a good time.

Annnnd yesterday we had a BBQ at my grandmother's to celebrate Mother's Day.  It was a good time.

Have a great day everyone!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Nebb- I am jealous of your weekend.

I worked. :(   The joys of having 2 weekend heavy jobs. I worked all weekend No bueno. I should be asleep at the moment, but I'm catching up on my Tivo
  • Options
    Steph, no offense, but I'm praying for a short drought for y'all so you don't send any more water down the Mississippi. Just for a few more weeks, k? We've been in a drought for years, its not that bad;)

I'm up and working from home today while I wait for my dad to get here with his now ex-gf to buy my car. We are on our summer schedule now, which means 7-6 M-Th with Fridays off. They actually shut down the whole campus, including AC systems on the weekends, and it saves us tons of money. But the 10 hour days get long after a while.. 

Anyway, gooduck on the new job, cardmonsta!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Good morning, congrats and good luck with the new job CM.

I can't believe it's already Monday, the weekends fly by way to fast. I had an awesome weekend. Friday I had a little overnight girls trip, and on Saturday one of my best friends graduated pharmacy school. Sunday, we hung out with my family and got all of our pro pics back from the photographer (well online, we get the disc this week). I think I spent about 5 hrs yesterday looking through all 4300 pics. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Good morning all!

We went to see Thor on Saturday night and omg Chris Hemsworth is hot.

Now THATS my kind of man.  However, I feel that some of that muscle must have been CG'd, or he's got a REALLY good trainer, because he does not look even close to that big in other pictures.

Oh, also, we found out on Saturday that my little brother (22 y/o) is moving to Germany in less than 2 weeks for an indefinite amount of time.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    MRSBJSMRSBJS member
    First Comment
    Good Morning ladies!

Congrats on your job Cardmonsta :)    It sounds like everyone had a great weekend - Nebb, I am also jealous of your weekend lol

We took it pretty easy Friday/Saturday, then yesterday H and the girls took me out to lunch for Mother's Day and we went to the park so the kids could play for a while.  It was a very relaxing and fun day.

Hope everyone has a good one today!
  • Options
    That sucks about your brother, Raynes.  For what?  Is he in the military or something?

Morning ladies!  We need to clean up our disaster of a house today, go to the bank, and go to Target.  I don't know why I'm up so early, but I think FI will be sleeping for at least another hour, unless the thunderstorm wakes him up.  It's pretty gnarly.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    raynesraynes member
    It's for a company he used to work with.  They want him to go over and help them set up a new European office.  He's excited/scared, but it's a great oppourtunity.  He was only offered the job on Saturday, so nothing is final yet, but at least very likely.

Also, J&K, he's your H now.  Ha, no more of this FI business!
  • Options
    Good morning. I didn't do anything for mother's day except take FMIL out to dinner. FI totally dropped the ball when he told me Saturday that he just realized I get to celebrate Mother's day too, which means he had nothing planned and didn't take my kid shopping. I'm slightly annoyed but I guess more disappointed than anything.
    We did build our cake stand yesterday. I'm not sure it turned out as nice as I had envisioned. After all that work I'm up in the air about it.

Raynes- Germany? Is he military? And Chris, Yumm. We saw Thor on Saturday. Did you wait until after the credits? There was supposedly a nod toward the Avengers, but we missed it.

Congrats on the job CardMonsta. Good luck with it.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_gooood-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:513d87e7-bf42-4aea-8234-0ed8dae641d0Post:b5dfe167-29e3-43bf-bf02-9dfa87886402">Re: Gooood Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning all! We went to see Thor on Saturday night and omg Chris Hemsworth is hot. Now THATS my kind of man.  However, I feel that some of that muscle must have been CG'd, or he's got a REALLY good trainer, because he does not look even close to that big in other pictures.
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]

True Story:   He showed up for the first day of filming and didn't fit into the costume because he had overdone their expectations on the buff-ness factor.

<a href="http://www.towleroad.com/2011/03/watch-chris-hemsworth-made-too-much-muscle-for-thor.html" rel='nofollow'>http://www.towleroad.com/2011/03/watch-chris-hemsworth-made-too-much-muscle-for-thor.html</a>

Good Morning!  I'm waking up still and trying to fight off the plague.  We went to my niece's birthday party last week.  It was at a skating rink and swarming with germ laden children,  My H got sick after a nice 3 day incubation period and now I'm sick but fighting it far better than he did.  It's really gonna suck to run today with a stuffy nose.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_gooood-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:513d87e7-bf42-4aea-8234-0ed8dae641d0Post:b8ccf630-fa3a-4ba1-be69-a02333134be4">Re: Gooood Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's for a company he used to work with.  They want him to go over and help them set up a new European office.  He's excited/scared, but it's a great oppourtunity.  He was only offered the job on Saturday, so nothing is final yet, but at least very likely. Also, J&K, he's your H now.  Ha, no more of this FI business!
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]

That's really cool for him! 

And duhhh.  I'll have to get used to that!  Oops :-p

• Options
    raynesraynes member
    Anna, I was just reading about that!  Holy muscles.

YIO, we did not wait.  I sort of wish we had now.  We joked saying that the space images at the end were totally the best 3D part of the movie.  We did chuckle when the scene they showed at the end of Iron Man 2 came on though!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_gooood-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:513d87e7-bf42-4aea-8234-0ed8dae641d0Post:d560b490-d2ee-4a47-9276-5bc4c9982171">Re: Gooood Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]That sucks about your brother, Raynes.  For what?  Is he in the military or something? Morning ladies!  We need to clean up our disaster of a house today, go to the bank, and go to Target.  I don't know why I'm up so early, but I think FI will be sleeping for at least another hour, unless the thunderstorm wakes him up.  It's pretty gnarly.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

Your wedding was so beautiful that it could only be dwarfed by the beauty that you are.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_gooood-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:513d87e7-bf42-4aea-8234-0ed8dae641d0Post:e6879a52-c102-4048-974d-ea6e6c991dbe">Re: Gooood Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anna, I was just reading about that!  Holy muscles. YIO, we did not wait.  I sort of wish we had now.  We joked saying that the space images at the end were totally the best 3D part of the movie.  We did chuckle when the scene they showed at the end of Iron Man 2 came on though!
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]

We didn't watch it in 3D. FI gets motion sickness when he watches live action in 3D, so we only watch the cartoons in 3D. I don't remember the scene at the end of Iron Man, I'll have to go look that up on youtube.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Sarah- no offense taken.  I think we're all hoping for a little drier weather.  We've got enough issues with flooding up here at the top of the Mississippi, too.
  • Options
    oh, also? It took my computer at work 45 minutes to start up this morning... and I'm still not logged into my email. I think that's a sign.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_gooood-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:513d87e7-bf42-4aea-8234-0ed8dae641d0Post:9cf135e7-aec0-4a3e-b25d-b5b3dd77a439">Re: Gooood Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gooood Morning! : Your wedding was so beautiful that it could only be dwarfed by the beauty that you are.
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

Awwwww...Anna!  <3

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_gooood-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:513d87e7-bf42-4aea-8234-0ed8dae641d0Post:cb496b2b-812c-4f61-9ff4-dcacdf5607a6">Re: Gooood Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning! Just popping in to say hi! I'm in Vancouver now, and we're heading out to the resort later today. Nothing bad is allowed to happen! Looks like rain tomorrow though. :(
    Posted by rhonwynv[/QUOTE]

EEEEE!  Happy day before your wedding!  It forecasted to rain up until 11am on the day of my wedding, and we didn't get a drop.  I'll send my no rain vibes to you!

• Options
    Yay Rhon. I'll hope for no rain as well. Have a good day before and have a wonderful wedding day.
  • Options
    Monsta- Congrats
    J&K- You're beautiful!
    Rhon- Happy Wedding to you!

Had my shower this weekend.  It was a very low key affair, so that was nice.  My aunt, who's house it was at, wasn't even there because she was in KY for a funeral.  She let us use her house anyway, and had it all set up for us.  We left her flowers and thank you cards.  My parents came down from the mountains and Mom's birthday was Saturday, so it was shower/birthday Saturday, Mother's Day Sunday.  It was busy, but fun. 
    I may need to get some help from some of the SB geeks.  We bought a netbook yesterday and an external CD/DVD drive.  We can't get the stupid DVD drive to play any DVDs.  The system keeps telling us that we need to change our resolution, but that doesn't work.  I think our CODEC isn't up to standards.  Are the free downloadable CODECs any good or do we need to pay to upgrade our Windows Media player?  Thanks for any insight.  (FI is ready to chuck the whole thing out the window.)
  • Options
    Bk, I have  a netbook with an external drive, but I have no idea what a CODEC is. Sorry. If DH was here I'd have him troubleshoot for you but he just left for work. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    raynesraynes member
    BK, free CODECs are fine.  Just make sure you've got antivirus software up and running (and updated!).
  • Options

Morning friends.

I had graduation and MOther's Day this weekend, adn tonight is my little brother's First Communion.

Some hooligans at my school filled the brand new fountain with bubbles.

• Options
    good morning ladies!

Congrats CM on the job! even if you have to wear business causal and sit in a room bored for the first week. 

Sarah- the fires in Austin are freaking out my dad. (they live in Wimberley).   It didn't help that his cousin's house burned down in the oak hill fire.  Actually you probably saw their house and their story on the news.  They were the ones out of the country when it happened. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards