Snarky Brides

i think im being a brdiezilla?

my sister is a bridesmaid and is refusing to wear the color dress i want my bridesmaids to wear, so after putting up with her complaining about my engagement, being pisssed that i got engaged before her, straight out telling me that my fiance is an idiot for being in the military and taking a deployment in sept, that hes only marrying me for goverment money boost of having a dependant, and that im an idiot for marrying him, i told her that if she is so against my wedding and unwilling to cooperate then she doesnt have to be in the wedding party or even be at my wedding. i got engaged about two weeks before christmas and when we were at my parents house for xmas she refused to say anything to me except snide and snarky comments and giving me dirty looks the entire time. im just sick of it.

Re: i think im being a brdiezilla?

• Sounds like your sister is being a douche.  I don't think you sound like a bridezilla.
  • Your sister is behaving like a child having a full-blown temper tantrum. Personally, I probably would have slapped her a long time ago.
    Anniversary
  • How does your sister being miserable and nasty make you a bridezilla?  Very confused.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Ist: Congratulations!

2nd: Bravo on telling your sisterwhat she can do with herself!

3rd: Your sister is a brat.  Screw her opinion.
  • I feel your pain. Family is frustrating, especially sisters who are jealous that you got engaged before they did. But like everyone else has said, try to relax and be happy! The rest will fall into place.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think she may think she sounds like a bridezilla because she told her about not coming to the wedding or even standing up in it... I for one would not have put up with that either and from the looks of it, neither would alot of these other ladies! You did the right thing by standing up.. Hope this situation works out for you.
  • i havent even discussed wedding details with her because im trying to spare her feelings, my sisters explanation is that she is about two years older than me she has been dating her bf longer and should have gotten engaged first. I'm just avoiding speaking to her all together until she feels like acting like the 25 year old she is.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-think-im-being-a-brdiezilla?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:51794a97-7764-4fd0-9441-cfb6baa83a38Post:03e2350f-9a19-4be8-b011-c372d9a0b9f3">Re: i think im being a brdiezilla?</a>:
    [QUOTE]i havent even discussed wedding details with her because im trying to spare her feelings, <strong>my sisters explanation is that she is about two years older than me she has been dating her bf longer and should have gotten engaged first.</strong> I'm just avoiding speaking to her all together until she feels like acting like the 25 year old she is.
    Posted by embreen[/QUOTE]

And how is her not getting engaged first your fault?  Were you suppose to tell your FI no?

Your sister is being ridiculous and acting like a 3 year old because she didn't get to go first on the slide.  I think just letting the issue rest is probably the best thing you can do.  You still have plenty of time before your wedding so hopefully she will come around.  If not then that is her loss.

• 1. Congradulations!
    2. Calm down you are not being a Bridezilla.
    3. Take your sister aside and tell her that eventhough you understand her concerns you are going to marry your man.  Tell her you would really like her to be in your wedding but if she can't be supportive then she can sit in the crowd.  Try to stay calm and ignore any snarky remarks she might be making.  
    4. Remember that your wedding is only 6 month away and I'm sure you want it to be perfect. But also remember that planning a wedding takes time and you don't have to do everything at once.  If your sister says she will try to be supportive try to keep her involved but don't push everything on her.  Start by asking her to look online wiht you at bridemaid dresses or color ideas.  Eventhough you might not want her opinion on these things tell her you will take her opinion into consideration, but also make it very clear that the final decision will be made by you and your fiance.  

start here and if she is still being a brat about it..... well I'm not really sure what to do next! Hope this works!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards