July 2012 Weddings
Options

DJ - Check!

So - I assigned FI to find a DJ - way back at the end of December.

He has failed to do so.

So - I found one today. Great price - 550 dollars for four hours - because we're an afternoon wedding - we got quite a discount (over 300 dollars taken off his regular price) and I didn't even have to ask for it.

We're getting that contract out tomorrow.

My only dilemma is - he'll start to play music at 12:00. Guests will start filtering into our venue at 11:30 - would it be totally weird to not have anything playing when they start coming in? Lol. I'm really trying to avoid paying for an extra hour just to get an extra half-hour of play time.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: DJ - Check!

• Options
    Congrats on the check! Is there a way you can set up an iPod or something for the first 30 minutes? I'm not sure if it's something your guests will notice but I know if I was in your shoes I would want SOMETHING playing.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_dj-check?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:0e396344-5f39-4f7d-960a-2f7636d4ecbcPost:c634da17-106e-4c47-9b89-c5f5cda4fbd0">Re: DJ - Check!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats on the check! Is there a way you can set up an iPod or something for the first 30 minutes? I'm not sure if it's something your guests will notice but I know if I was in your shoes I would want SOMETHING playing.
    Posted by MeaganR12[/QUOTE]

Yeah - I don't know. I'd have to have someone there to turn it on - cuz chances are - FI and I will still be doing pictures at that time. I'll figure it out - maybe we'll just pay for extra DJ time. We'll see. :p
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    How much is his extra hour? It might be worth it just to have him there and already set up.  If not just ask a close friend/family member to turn on some tunes even if it's just an iPod set up with speakers.

Anniversary
  • Options
    You should have something playing!
  • Options
    I agree, you can set it up before, and there must be someone from your family or friends who wants to push the play button. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congrats on the check!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh and congrats on the check! I also asked FI to do this, but in the end I found one myself :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_dj-check?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:0e396344-5f39-4f7d-960a-2f7636d4ecbcPost:77124e5c-20b8-47d8-8b04-00303b6453e2">Re: DJ - Check!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>How much is his extra hour? It might be worth it just to have him there and already set up.  If not just ask a close friend/family member to turn on some tunes even if it's just an iPod set up with speakers.
    </strong>Posted by michelle11988[/QUOTE]

This.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards