Snarky Brides
Options

Hello?

Anyone around?  

H is watching some violent movie I'm not interested in and I'm bored.  

Re: Hello?

• Options
    I'm here. I just got done with dishes and FI and I are watching "Life After People," which is pretty interesting. Why is it so dead around here?
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Hi people.  Idk why it's dead around here, I figured people were doing their weekend thing, or maybe watching Sunday tv, but it seemed a little early for that. 

We bought plants for our garden today, but it won't quit raining long enough to plant them.  
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Bored too!!  FI just left to go home.  I am always so sad (almost to the point of tears) when he leaves.  Sunday night is my very least favorite time of the week!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Aww Ninda, that sucks.  Do y'all live very far apart?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hello-45?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5200c45c-287b-490e-834a-daed7f048002Post:031c769e-8a0a-424d-91d4-5db918409d8f">Re: Hello?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi people.  Idk why it's dead around here, I figured people were doing their weekend thing, or maybe watching Sunday tv, but it seemed a little early for that.<strong>  We bought plants for our garden today</strong>, but it won't quit raining long enough to plant them.  
    Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh cool!!  I LOVE plants and gardening.  Last year, I had a HUGE garden.  Probably 1/3 of an acre just myself taking care of it.  But this year....but after we get married, I'm moving an hour away and we are most likely moving into an apartment, and I have no place to garden.  I may see if i can put a few things in my FFIL's place.</div><div>
    </div><div>I LOVE fresh green beans and tomatoes...and squashes!</div>
    Anniversary
  • Options
    This is our first year with a yard to garden in, so we're pretty excited.  I've had good luck in the past with container gardening on a sunny patio in our apartments.  We did pretty much a whole garden's worth in containers one year and it worked well.  
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hello-45?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5200c45c-287b-490e-834a-daed7f048002Post:77663351-5393-4827-8c94-b337ea6475ce">Re: Hello?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aww Ninda, that sucks.  Do y'all live very far apart?
     It does....thanks!!!<div>
    </div><div>We live about an hour and a half apart, so i only get to see him on the weekends.  I will be SO GLAD when we get married!!</div><div>
    </div><div>FORTUNATELY I have 2 job interviews in his town on Tuesday.  SO maybe I will be able to move before we get married.</div><div>
    </div><div>And if not, I'm looking at having a 3 hour commute each day until I find something.  Although I make enough money that I can cut down to 30 hours a week if I need to stay at my current job.  IF my boss lets me, and gives me the time I need off for the wedding.</div>
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hello-45?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5200c45c-287b-490e-834a-daed7f048002Post:5b728aab-d34d-4b04-9d59-339a464a5d41">Re: Hello?</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is our first year with a yard to garden in, so we're pretty excited.  I've had good luck in the past with container gardening on a sunny patio in our apartments.  We did pretty much a whole garden's worth in containers one year and it worked well.  
    Cool!!  My neighbor who gave me the spot for my garden last year does container garden, as well as traditional.  She LOVES the raised bed gardens she has!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    celticmysscelticmyss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Here and bored too. Still feeling tense and stressed. I think it's WR too, which I thought I was immune from. I'm also still bummed about our lack of cable to watch Mad Men tonight. 

I'm trying to decide if I want to use my remaining calorie allotment on beer or ice cream. It's been that kind of day. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Hey Pirate.....whawt kind of puppy do you have?  Does he/she do the 3 day bloat like that often?  My Ragdoll, Mocha, that is her favorite position I think.  It's so funny!!

Her is a pic of her I took.  Tell me if you can see it.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hello-45?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5200c45c-287b-490e-834a-daed7f048002Post:c077a24c-bea2-43a2-877a-417e28e4b802">Re: Hello?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Here and bored too. Still feeling tense and stressed. I think it's WR too, which I thought I was immune from. I'm also still bummed about our lack of cable to watch Mad Men tonight.  I'm trying to decide if I want to use my remaining calorie allotment on beer or ice cream. It's been that kind of day. 
    Posted by celticmyss[/QUOTE]

<div>Awe.....boo for stress!!  I can totally relate.  Sometimes, It gets to you, and you don't even realize it until it's too late.</div><div>
    </div><div>I say go for the ice cream....but then, I'm not a beer drinker!</div>
    Anniversary
  • Options
    pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Does anyone else not have a quote button tonight?

Celtic, my college friends use to make ice cream floats with beer.  Do it. 

Ninda she's a cocker spaniel and lab mix, and no, she only does that when you rub her belly.  I'd never heard it called that before, that's terrible.

I don't see your pic. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hello-45?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5200c45c-287b-490e-834a-daed7f048002Post:7ca6b598-9084-49d4-ad84-fab60689a44f">Re: Hello?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone else not have a quote button tonight? Celtic, my college friends use to make ice cream floats with beer.  Do it.  Ninda she's a cocker spaniel and lab mix, and no, she only does that when you rub her belly.  I'd never heard it called that before, that's terrible. I don't see your pic. 

<div>She is so cute!!</div><div>
    </div><div>NO quote button....</div>
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Oh it's the "reply to this post" option that I'm only intermittently getting, no more quote.  Fabulous.  
  • Options
    Here are my girls.  This is an older pic.  Chai (Siamese) was still a kitten.  She's about the same color as Mocha now.

3 day bloat....just what my mom calls it.  I think it's really funny!!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Good evening! I'm just hanging out looking at pics of acroyoga online. It looks so badass, but I don't think I'm advanced enough in my practice that I'd be strong enough to try that yet. It's something to work towards, though.

I'm just waiting around for Mad Men to start. Laundry is done, dishes are done, I just need to pack my lunch for tomorrow before I can settle in.

And I don't have a quote button either tonight.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hello-45?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5200c45c-287b-490e-834a-daed7f048002Post:7ca6b598-9084-49d4-ad84-fab60689a44f">Re: Hello?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone else not have a quote button tonight? <strong>Celtic, my college friends use to make ice cream floats with beer.</strong>  Do it.  Ninda she's a cocker spaniel and lab mix, and no, she only does that when you rub her belly.  I'd never heard it called that before, that's terrible. I don't see your pic. 

<div>That just sounds NARSTY!!!</div>
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Well the beer is a vanilla porter. The float might not be a bad idea. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I want something yummy to eat.  And I want it to just drop into my lap ***POOF!!***
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Evening.

I'm just sitting around waiting for Once Upon a Time to come on in 15 minutes and decompressing from the day.  We got tons of stuff done but most importantly I managed to get my 1st piece for my art series done to a point.  Now i just have to wait for it to totally dry so I can go in and add all the details and such.  I'm hoping it turns out well.  We also got the tomato boxes built. There are 3 of them, they'll sit on the deck and can hold 3 plants each.  I'm going to be in tomato heaven before the summer is done!  Add in all the other veggies and I think i'm good to go for now.  I won't risk planting yet.  Who knows if we'll get a cold snap.
  • Options
    Sounds like fun, Anna.  I love love love fesh tomatos.  I could eat them all summer!!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I wonder if H's movie will be over in time for Mad Men...hmm.

Anna, we bought about three kinds of tomato plants at the market today.  I'm excited about them. Two heirloom big ones and cherry ones. 
  • Options
    Mmmmmm...I could eat fresh garden tomatoes like apples. Which is funny because when I was a kid, I didn't really like them, but now that I'm older I love them. I think it had something to do with my family having an organic veggie farm when I was in high school. My dad and I would stay up till 2am washing the vegetables, getting them ready to go to the farmer's market. Before we went to bed, though, we'd each make our own deluxe salad with all the fixins and watch Jerry Springer lol.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    Pirate:  I'm doing about the same. 

*3 Big slicing tomatoes
       *3 Roma tomatoes
       *3 different varieties of cherry tomatoes

Mehg:  I hated tomatoes until I was maybe 20.  The only things I'd eat previously were ketchup and spaghetti sauce.  Now I love them!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hello-45?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5200c45c-287b-490e-834a-daed7f048002Post:cb0ff9a6-5153-48d8-aac8-78b595f99177">Re: Hello?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Pirate:  I'm doing about the same.     *3 Big slicing tomatoes    *3 Roma tomatoes   <strong> *3 different varieties of cherry tomatoes </strong>Mehg:  I hated tomatoes until I was maybe 20.  The only things I'd eat previously were ketchup and spaghetti sauce.  Now I love them!
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

<div>LOVE to be working in the garden and just pop these if I'm getting hungry.  So yummy!!!</div>
    Anniversary
  • Options
    So I'm watching "Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares" on Netflix - that man has a potty mouth.  it's so funny!!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I haven't found Roma yet, or I'd have gotten those too.  They're my favorite for canning. 

I don't actually like raw tomatoes, so I only use mine for cooking.  H eats them raw though.  
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hello-45?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5200c45c-287b-490e-834a-daed7f048002Post:ccc09660-3a30-41c6-9e6f-6fba4c0d625f">Re: Hello?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I haven't found Roma yet, or I'd have gotten those too.  They're my favorite for canning.  I don't actually like raw tomatoes, so I only use mine for cooking.  H eats them raw though.  

<div>I didn't can any this year, but I froze them.  Next time I'm absolutely canning!!</div><div>
    </div><div>Do you do things like can tomato sauce too?  Or just the plain tomatos?</div>
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Both.  You have to be careful to maintain the right pH if you make sauce though, that or use a pressure canner.  

I like the sauce recipe from Barbara Kingsolver's Animal Vegetable Miracle
  • Options
    Hi!

DQ is having buy one get one for 99 cents blizzards this month, so we just went to get some for ourselves and my parents.  But by the time we got back home, they were half melted.  So, they are in the freezer.  Once they are solid again, H and I are going to eat them and watch Minority Report.  Fun times.

Pirate I am jealous of your garden plans! That sounds awesome.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards