Snarky Brides

hello? (ello...ello...)

I can hear echoes in here. Where the heck is everyone? I know it's summer and the weekend and all, but goodness.

Talk to me and keep me distracted so I don't strangle H. He keeps complaining about how hungover he is and whining that I won't take care of him. (He stayed out drinking until 4am. But don't worry, he called me a few times to say hi. so I got about as much sleep as he did.) 

It's Sunday, so anyone wanna share meal plans?

Re: hello? (ello...ello...)

• Good morning.  Don't have any meal plans :(  We usually fly (cook) by the seat of our pants.

I am hoping tho that my son and his FI come today to plant the front of the house.  We need color desperately.  But it looks like rain.
  • G'morning!

My H stayed up late too. But I made him promise that I can wake him up at 10 so we can do stuff together and he can't be a baby. Ugh.

Meal Plans, the bane of my existence. This week is going to be hard for me,  I feel. 

Let's see, I'll probably do (in no particular order)

Jalapeno juicy lucy's
    Chicken cordon bleu pizza
    Pork chops with stuffing
    Caprese pasta salad

and whatever else I can think of to use some of the stuff in our freezer/pantry
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ridiculous boys, Jenna. seriously. H was at an alumni event for his fraternity. I think it's realizing now that he's no longer a 21 year-old college kid. This probably makes me a terrible person, but I'm kind of glad he's so hungover. Now he knows how most people feel after drinking for 12 hours ;)

Pork chops sound good. Maybe I'll add that to my list!

Marrin- I really need to get out and do stuff in our yard. H has been awesome about weeding and taking care of the trees/bushes, but I want some flowers.  It might have to wait until next year though. oops.
  • Yeah, I would be willing to bet H drank 20 some beers yesterday. He gets so excited on weekends he has off. But he snores when he's drunk and it annoys the hell out of me so I always end up sleeping in the guest room. 

I'm thinking it's about time to head out for a walk or to sit on the patio with a book. Looks gorgeous out there!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That all looks good Jenna.  I'm just not much of a cook so it's great in the summer when we can just put something on the grill and call it dinner.
  • Morning! I was wondering if the boards were really this dead or if I was just trapped in an alternate TK universe. 

I'm waiting for my mother to get ready and then we're going to brunch. She takes forever while FH and I are both kind of wash and go people. 

Not too sure what will be for dinner this week. FH is working nights so he is home for dinner but it has to be quick so he can leave at 7. I bought a bunch of really cool salts and spices yesterday so I'll have fun brainstorming.

Tonight I am making a roasted eggplant pasta that I love for her last night here. I'm hoping it comes out good. The steak and truffled brussels sprouts I made last night were awesome. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Morning. I'm hanging out watching TV and enjoying my own couch/ I got back from vacation last night and damn was it nice to be in my own bed again (and see H and Whisky, of course). I went a whole week with no TV so I'm catching up on my shows today.

No clue what's for dinner. We ordered in last night and I need to go shopping. Pretty sure H lived off leftovers and Chinese food while I was gone so we don't have much in the house to eat at the moment.

Also I'm reading a book that I won on Goodreads that doesn't officially come out until Tuesday. it's a romance novel and the only reason I entered to win was because of the hot guy on the cover. But so far, it's pretty decent.
  • I agree, Marrin.  I love grilling, especially because I hate how warm our house gets as soon as I turn on the stove/oven. I've been doing stir fry lately too, because it's quick. :)
  • Steph - we have a lot of green in our front yard - hostas, bushes and stuff I don't know the names of.  Two years ago I incorporated a lot of impatients and those little chits get really thick so it looked really full.  I also want day lillies for the sides of the house.  We need curb appeal people!  We're hoping to put on the market this summer.
  • dumb questions... impatients are one of those that you have to replant every spring, right?   Last fall 'we' (i.e. H) dug up a few huge old gross bushes. We jus replanted the area with some hostas and it looks so much better. We still need to dig up all the extra rock though. The guy who owned the house before us was so damn lazy. 

I really want to do something colorful by the mailbox, but I might just pop a few hostas in the ground and call it done. ;) At least I know I can't kill them.
  • I'm not a fan of impatiens. They are too brittle and they spread like crazy. But, they do add lots of color. I believe you do have to replant them but in one of H's yard they never die off. They are magic impatiens or something. You can't kill those things even if you tried.
  • Yes Steph impatients are annuals (?).  They'd look good by a mailbox mixed in with the hostas.  I had done that with the lamp post at my old house.  There's many varieties and colors too.  I like the New Guinea Impatients.
  • Magic impatiens?  I'll have to look when I go to the nursery - it'd be great not to have to replant every year.  But then I am optimistic that house will sell before another summer rolls around.
  • Morning! I'm seeing if my parents can come over to watch Bug while I clean. I realized I only have three weeks until her party and the house is a wteck.

Hopefully I can work on my book today too. Dad finished editing it so we're waiting on mom, who is only half done so dad and I cant talk about it
  • I'm happy when my H is hungover too Steph. In the past couple of months he has realized that he cannot drink until 6 in the morning and feel fine the next day like he did in college. Too many  bachelor parties.

I was always the one who would get hungover so I am enjoying (a tiny bit) seeing him feel like crap. If that makes me a bad person, whatever.

June 16, 2012
  • Yesterday we drove 4 hours to H's friends "engagement party". We are not really sure what it was. They've been engaged over a year and are getting married in like 2 months. We were asked to bring bottles of booze/wine as gifts to help stock their bar.  It may have been a psuedo-shower. We ended up staying until 9 which meant we didn't get home until 1 AM.

Oh I forgot the best part. We took my car (a 97 Dodge Stratus that has seen better days) and on the way there we  heard a noise and then like 30 seconds later something large fell completely out of my car onto the highway. We think it was some part of my air conditioning, because that no longer works. We made it there and back okay...the car still runs fine but it was stressful driving all that way just waiting for the car to die on me.
    June 16, 2012
  • KW. I've been waiting forever. Tell your mom to hurry up so we can all talk about it (yes, I'm expecting to be included in these chats).

I need to work on my book since I was gone for a week. But I feel like being lazy, so we'll see. I did come up with a kind of ghost story book idea based on this old creepy house we explored (aka entered without permission) and the love letters from the 50s we found in there. BUT I'm refusing to let myself entertain the idea until I've finished the other books.
  • Morning ladies!

TK was doing it's thing again, so I stayed away, plus we were gone most the day yesterday. We went to Amish country and found our adirondack chairs and a table, then visited a winery that is owned by a guy H knows. He bought me two bottles of Reisling. Then dinner at a local restaurant. Also, pup had class yesterday, he's doing quite well.

Steph- I'd be over his head sounding a horn, but I'm a b!tch. Wink
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hello-elloello?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:53ab72e4-2fbb-4240-8d87-2390e2dcedfaPost:8ecab011-9abb-4da7-8936-51f456434f64">Re: hello? (ello...ello...)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning ladies! TK was doing it's thing again, so I stayed away, plus we were gone most the day yesterday. <strong>We went to Amish country and found our adirondack chairs and a table</strong>, then visited a winery that is owned by a guy H knows. He bought me two bottles of Reisling. Then dinner at a local restaurant. Also, pup had class yesterday, he's doing quite well. Steph- I'd be over his head sounding a horn, but I'm a b!tch.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

My brother is making me my second Adirondack chair.  I'm excited about it.  His good friend custom makes outdoor furniture so my brother has been helping him and learning the process.  He made my first one a few years back and it has weathered nicely.  Hopefully, my new one will be done by next weekend.
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hello-elloello?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:53ab72e4-2fbb-4240-8d87-2390e2dcedfaPost:a94f4b59-c740-4be5-a6bd-371235daea31">Re: hello? (ello...ello...)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: hello? (ello...ello...) : My brother is making me my second Adirondack chair.  I'm excited about it.  His good friend custom makes outdoor furniture so my brother has been helping him and learning the process.  He made my first one a few years back and it has weathered nicely.  Hopefully, my new one will be done by next weekend.
    Posted by Marrin713[/QUOTE]

My husband as been rather picky about what we buy (read PITA), so we knew going to Amish country we'd get what we needed. He talked about making them, but he has no time and I want them now, not when we retires.

Today once we  eat breakfast we're going out to finish the yard, I have a habitat I'm working on.
  • SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    Good morning!

We always have tentative meal plans, but right now it's hard to tell what I'll be able to stomach from day to day, so it's difficult right now. I think H is going to fry some fish tonight. I'm really hoping I can eat it!

My MIL and SIL might be coming to visit in a couple of weeks! I'm really excited! We want to see his sister because she leave for vet school in Ireland in August. She'll be there for three years! I'm really happy for her, and jealous.

Other than that, I have to work today. BOO!
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Good morning!

Starting tomorrow I'll be in rehearsal from 3-10 M-F, so meal planning is proving to be a challenge.  I'm trying to figure out some ways that I can have some things prepared to bring with me to eat during dinner break, so I can avoid spending a bunch of money (and eating like crap).  I'm thinking maybe some cold salads (pasta, quinoa) might be the best option.  H will be on his own (unless he cooks and saves leftovers for me to take the next day, which is also an option.)

Also, we still have no A/C so neither of us is keen on using the kitchen much.  I did manage to turn our dinner the other night of turkey meatloaf and garlic mashers into a 2-crockpot meal!

• Good Morning.  

Meal plan is boring and uninspired this week due to "big diet push" week again.  So it's grilled chicken, grilled sirloin, ham steak, grilled chicken, and kabobs for the week.  All with green veggies.

I've got a bunch of schoolwork to do today, prep work to get all our snacks pre-portioned int he fridge, some weeding to do, and then some vacation planning.  It's about 6 weeks away but I can't wait to go to the hills again.
  • Ha Steph. I'll feel sorry for your H. I was out until 4 on Friday night partying with my cousins. We don't get to hang out much, so when we are together we get crazy. I was hungover like none other yesterday though. Worth it.
  • KD, Amish made furniture is awesome.  And I love Risesling.  So I am jealous of your weekend.

WARNING: Long vent ahead.  Feel free to skip.

My weekend was a clusterfuck.  My friend A and I stayed at our mutual friend's (M) house to watch M's twin 4 year old daughters and 2 boxers.  A also had her 6 year old son there. 

After a TON of drama on Thursday night and Friday during the day that I'm not going to get into because I"m too mad to even talk about it yet, M finally left.  It is important to note that A is deaf-blind.  She can see some, but it's very hard for her in places that she's not incredibly familiar with. 

The house was a dirty, nasty, cluttered MESS.  I am talking toys EVERYWHERE, in every SINGLE room of the house. Including the bedrooms that A/her son and I (separate ones) were staying in.  And it's a big house (and behind all of the mess, it's also really, really nice!)

M claimed to have purchased $200 worth of food on Thursday, but there's no way that was true.  The kitchen was completely infested with fruit flies.  The fridge was a nasty mess, even though M claimed to have "cleaned it out" before she left. The cabinets were all full of crap to the point where random stuff would fall out when you opened them.  Sink completely full of dirty dishes, including pans with food stuck to them.

A's son got a bad case of the runs, and there was no toliet paper in the bathroom.  None of the bathrooms had been cleaned at all.

I know M wel enough that I didn't expect a pristine house.  But she had a deaf-blind person coming to spend the weekend, and she didn't even pick up any clutter off the floor.  WTF? The ironic thing is, she works specifically with the deaf-blind population, so she knows that this is a very basic safety issue (risk of tripping, etc).  

She kept saying all week that she would clean it, etc but then come up with excuses as to why she was too busy.  Her H  and A's H were gone together at a conference (hence why A's son was with us too).  So I understand she was busy with two 4 year olds, working, etc So I would forgive some mess.  But this was beyond disgusting.  

There was so much more drama not related to the state of the house, but I'm not getting into that.  Overall, it was just a stressful, disgusting weekend.  And now that I am home, I am going to take a nap, so this is turning into a long vent and run. 

• Hello ladies. I'm having a rough morning. I am just so fed up with Yaz and its insane side effects. I got hit with a one-two punch this morning - I'm super weak and am having heart palpitations about every fifteen minutes. I was having so many heart palpitations that it woke me up early this morning and I couldn't get back to sleep. Then, I was so weak that it took me about an hour to eat an omelet with hash browns, and I didn't even finish it. I looked online, and it turns out that Yaz doesn't mix well with ibuprofen, which I had taken some last night before bed because I had a headache. So, this is my last pack of Yaz before I'm switching to Lessina. If that doesn't go well, then I might look into getting Mirena or something.

The movers come first thing tomorrow morning and I'm not even halfway packed. I'm hoping this weak spell passes soon so that I can get crackin' on my to-do list for today.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • LP - wtf?  I would be pissed.

DS is feeling much better, which means we are all getting some more sleep.

Meal plan:
    Breakfast for dinner
    Mango and Avacado Salad
    Stroganoff
    Egg and Asparagus Salad
    Hot Dogs
    Tomato Soup and Salad
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Mehgank, Yaz is evil.  My poor FI had to deal with me acting crazy for the first month I was on it.  I had mood swings like I had never had before, even during my worst PMS months.  

This has been a fun weekend so far.  Yesterday we went to the birthday party of my MOH's almost 4 year old son.  It was in a park, lots of kids, and lots of parents.  The kids ran around and a group of us took custody of an 11 month old to give his parents a break.  So much cute in such a chunky little body.  Baby fever has hit me like a freight train this week and I think that scares my FI.  

Today we're going to a festival nearby to watch my FFIL's band perform.  Also to wander, buy fruit from a mini-greenmarket, and check out the pretty view of the Hudson.  I need to remember to put on sunscreen, otherwise I'll turn into a lobster.  

The only meal I have figured out so far is tonight (mini asian turkey loaves).  I'll plan and shop tomorrow.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • edited June 2012
    Hey- Just laying around at home, playing video games and trying to lay out in the sun. there is a bird out there that is currently in attack mode since it is the nesting time, so I get annoyed and laying out with a tennis racket in case he decides to attack me.

Hm, I think for meal plans I will keep it simple this week- we are on vacation at the lake next week. 

Pork chops
    I want to try that filipino adobo chicken sere mentioned, I have it pinned. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards