Snarky Brides

Chelsea Clinton Wedding

My question is, how much do you care?

I admit to a curious desire to see whatever pics the family releases eventually, but WOW I just am bemused by the media coverage/speculation about the wedding.

A lot of people are getting married today, and I wish Chelsea and her groom well as I would with anyone but really how important is the cost of the tent with A/c or of the cake at her wedding?

Oh well, I guess it beats another "news" item about Lindsey whatshername. The scary part is you do NOT have to be watching "E" to get an earful of this stuff. It is on CNN!

-Edited for missed word.

Re: Chelsea Clinton Wedding

• I don't care. At all. But mainly because I'm totally and completely over weddings in general. I don't give two fucks about anyone's wedding (with the exception of knotties because I like to see pics).
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_chelsea-clinton-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:53e9be45-d93e-4c84-98b3-94a62cf3e961Post:9d537f65-3e1f-48fc-a0cf-bf03f15283ef">Re: Chelsea Clinton Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't care. At all. But mainly because I'm totally and completely over weddings in general. I don't give two fucks about anyone's wedding (with the exception of knotties because I like to see pics).
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

This.

Also, I find that most celebrity weddings are pretty much on the boring side. It's like they're trying to be normal or something.
  • All I can think of is Chelsea Clinton in Beavis and Butthead. Now she's all grown up.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • I just feel bad for the other bride getting married in the same town today.  There was an article about her and she's worried that her guests won't be able to get to her wedding because of the increased security.  Poor girl.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_chelsea-clinton-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:53e9be45-d93e-4c84-98b3-94a62cf3e961Post:8b8727ae-3ea1-4d83-a1d1-b58f8a95f303">Re: Chelsea Clinton Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]All I can think of is Chelsea Clinton in Beavis and Butthead. Now she's all grown up.
    Posted by MarriedInAFever[/QUOTE]

Uhuhuh, hey baby. Uhuhuhuh
  • I noticed you have braces. I have braces too.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Nope, couldn't care less about Chelsea Clinton's wedding.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • I just saw on the news they are calling the the American Royal Wedding. Really? I dont think so. I'm with Lenore, I wish them well and would like to see a few pics. But the coverage is a little much.
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I think those details are only being disclosed because the wedding industry is paying them to talk about it and give details on cost so that people think its normal to need that stuff or pay that much money, thus driving up normal peoples wedding costs. The wedding industry is evil like that.
  • I feel sorry for that girl, too Marston.

Yes, some wedding stuff is kind of gakish for me too now. I have a friend getting married next month, and when she talked to me about her dress woes I was fine with that, but cake issues and centerpiece stuff made my eyes glaze. Not her fault, I tried to be helpful but I am afraid I am good for about thirty minutes of wedding talk and I am done.
  • CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    I'm happy for Chelsea. 

The public -- or, rather, the vocal public and certain members of the media -- were very cruel to her when she was growing up.  Say what you want about a President; I don't care.  But their children should be off-limits.  As far as I can tell, she's grown into a classy lady, and I hope she has a fantastic life. 
  • I dont mind wedding related stuff.DH thinks I should be a DOC,or Planner. I do enjoy a nice wedding. But, I cant deal with these girls who cant make a decision to save their lives.

Can you believe it was reported yesterday their photographer cost $25k. I'm sorry but my photographer did a wonderful job for $1,152. I'm not sure what he could do that is worth that kind of money. Hell it's not Ansel Adams for christs sake.
  • I'm interested to see one picture of her dress.  After that, I could not care less.

I did read somewhere that she was having a five-tiered gluten-free wedding cake.  Oh dear.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_chelsea-clinton-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:53e9be45-d93e-4c84-98b3-94a62cf3e961Post:9ac463ec-ed13-432d-ba3c-4d410b3dd79d">Re: Chelsea Clinton Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm interested to see one picture of her dress.  After that, I could not care less. I did read somewhere that she was having a five-tiered gluten-free wedding cake.  Oh dear.
    Posted by Joy2611[/QUOTE]

Mmmm.....gluten free, sounds yummy. Not! The last gluten free thing I had was so disgusting I begged to have my glutten back.
  • Bleck bleck bleck.

Though I would like to see the dress, but I like looking at anyone's dress no matter who ya are.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Gluten free for the whole wedding cake? IMO, it would be far better to have a small gluten free cake for whomever has gluten issues and then a "real" cake for everyone else.

Oh well. I have been to some weddings with very good food, but it is not  why you come anyway. I always think it is wise to eat a little before you go in case the food is bad.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_chelsea-clinton-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:53e9be45-d93e-4c84-98b3-94a62cf3e961Post:41b1ae4e-1ec0-46ef-b068-c185d2d8d3be">Re: Chelsea Clinton Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chelsea Clinton Wedding : Mmmm.....gluten free, sounds yummy. Not! The last gluten free thing I had was so disgusting I begged to have my glutten back.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

I bought gluten-free waffles one day without noticing.  I made them the next morning and was like "what in holy hell is this??"  It was cardboard!

I realize people have gluten problems, but there are so many desserts that actually taste good and don't require gluten.  Please look into that before subjecting me to your cake.  For her sake, I hope they had a good baker.
  • OMG. I have been saying the same thing. I don't care who was/wasn't invited. If I want coverage on their wedding, I'll read People. I don't even mind the little "What will Hilary wear" articles in the bridal mags. It's not newsworthy, though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yeah I'm with Lenore, if a guest has a problem get a small cake for them.But dont subject the rest of your guests.

I have never had a gluten free product that doesn't taste like a$$.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_chelsea-clinton-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:53e9be45-d93e-4c84-98b3-94a62cf3e961Post:4140e938-b7b2-467f-bbc0-70b0a67e85c1">Re: Chelsea Clinton Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm happy for Chelsea.  The public -- or, rather, the vocal public and certain members of the media -- were very cruel to her when she was growing up.  Say what you want about a President; I don't care.  But their children should be off-limits.  As far as I can tell, she's grown into a classy lady, and I hope she has a fantastic life. 
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

I'll co-sign this and I am interested in seeing pictures. I'm not going hog wild about it, but I'm interested.
    Anniversary
  • K ByteK Byte member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    I'll admit it, I'm probably abnormally interested in celebrity weddings. Someone always posts the pictures that couples sell to People or OK in the livejournal community Oh No They Didn't and I always look at them ... hahahaha. I thought Carrie Underwood's wedding dress was kind of whack. So I'll probably look at Chelsea Clinton's wedding pictures too. I love seeing over the top weddings, what can I say? Also, I wonder if she or her future husband have gluten free needs? Seems a little random to have ONLY a GF wedding cake.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_chelsea-clinton-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:53e9be45-d93e-4c84-98b3-94a62cf3e961Post:4140e938-b7b2-467f-bbc0-70b0a67e85c1">Re: Chelsea Clinton Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm happy for Chelsea.  The public -- or, rather, the vocal public and certain members of the media -- were very cruel to her when she was growing up.  Say what you want about a President; I don't care.  But their children should be off-limits.  As far as I can tell, she's grown into a classy lady, and I hope she has a fantastic life. 
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]
    This.

I don't feel too bad for the other girl, I just wish the town and venue wwere handling it better. I mean, it's not her fault that the media is making a circus out of this, but it isn't Chelsea's fault either. Neither of them asked to me in their situations, one with a venue location that may or may not be able to handle the heavy guest load and the other with parents who feels obligated to invite all their co-workers, foreign dignitaries included, to their daughter's wedding.
  • Oh and along with the gluten free cake rumour, they are rumoured to be having a mostly vegan-style reception, in general...

"she is said to have been vegan since her teen years and to have a gluten allergy"
    http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/38474741/ns/today-foodwine/

• I'd watch it with the same level of interest that I watch platinum weddings, but other than that no interest based on who's in the wedding.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• I'm more interested in Chelsea's wedding because she seems like a reluctant celebrity - she's famous, but not because she ever tried to be.  It just happened to her, and the fact that she doesn't chase the spotlight makes people curious.  Compare that to famewhore Ivanka Trump - her wedding made me want to vom.
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    A friend of mine has celiac and only eats gluten free, she has now written 2 cookbooks and also writes a monthly article for our local news paper. None of the food she makes is anything but delicious, and it even looks absolutely incredible. I am sure with the amount of money the clintons are paying for the cake, it probably still tastes good - just because there is bad gluten free food out there, doesnt mean it all sucks.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_chelsea-clinton-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:53e9be45-d93e-4c84-98b3-94a62cf3e961Post:14948678-fd36-4115-bcaf-4e1d8bf75b9e">Re: Chelsea Clinton Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm more interested in Chelsea's wedding because she seems like a reluctant celebrity - she's famous, but not because she ever tried to be.  It just happened to her, and the fact that she doesn't chase the spotlight makes people curious.  Compare that to famewhore Ivanka Trump - her wedding made me want to vom.
    Posted by jennylove810[/QUOTE]

<div>I saw pics of Ivanka's wedding in one the wedding mags-I must say I loved her tables but I get what you are saying.</div><div>
    </div><div>I am also thinking Chelsea's wedding has been somewhat inflicted on her by her parents. A former President and a current Secretary of State probably did not want low-key for their only child.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_chelsea-clinton-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:53e9be45-d93e-4c84-98b3-94a62cf3e961Post:faeb6009-076d-490a-a7bc-d679cc9aec77">Re: Chelsea Clinton Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]A friend of mine has celiac and only eats gluten free, she has now written 2 cookbooks and also writes a monthly article for our local news paper. None of the food she makes is anything but delicious, and it even looks absolutely incredible. I am sure with the amount of money the clintons are paying for the cake, it probably still tastes good - just because there is bad gluten free food out there, doesnt mean it all sucks.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  That's like saying all Mexican food sucks because Taco Bell is disgusting.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_chelsea-clinton-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:53e9be45-d93e-4c84-98b3-94a62cf3e961Post:faeb6009-076d-490a-a7bc-d679cc9aec77">Re: Chelsea Clinton Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]A friend of mine has celiac and only eats gluten free, she has now written 2 cookbooks and also writes a monthly article for our local news paper. None of the food she makes is anything but delicious, and it even looks absolutely incredible. I am sure with the amount of money the clintons are paying for the cake, it probably still tastes good - just because there is bad gluten free food out there, doesnt mean it all sucks.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm quite sure you're right Nebb. And with their money it'll probably taste wonderful. I'm just going by my own gluten free experience.

There are a lot of things out there that are healthy that I did not like, but once I gave it a chance I end up loving it. As long as it's done the right way, in the case of your friend.
  • I can definitely imagine that gluten free can be good. It is like sugar-free. It can be obnoxious or it can be good. Still, if I did not do separate cakes I would probably do some unusually careful tasting.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards