Snarky Brides
Options

If you are in need of a chuckle...

Life is depressing sometimes, between current tragedies, work, family, etc... it's nice to have a good chuckle.  

CN:  God awful names that people are naming their children.  (FTR, I just realized I love the name Adler.  Will that make me a terrible future parent?)

http://deadspin.com/5924827/american-baby-names-are-somehow-getting-even-worse

Re: If you are in need of a chuckle...

• Options
    haha:

Blayde The extra Y in there makes it 10 percent sharper. And don't fvck with Blayde's brother, Nyfe.
  • Options
    I saw that last week and loved it. The commentary was the best part but I was seriously perplexed by many of the names. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My husband and I were laughing over these the other day. We've always liked a particular boy name for a girl, but I am slowly being shamed out of it.

• Options
    Ha, I know a girl named Harvest.   H always laughs when I talk about her.
  • Options
    The Blayde one was pretty funny.  Heck, pretty much all of the commentary is pretty funny.  I particularly enjoy the one with the apostrophe.
  • Options
    I saw a kid named Messiah the other day. That one floored me and I'm pretty immune to shock at this point. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Arwo, spill. What is it?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ahh, baby names. i love talking about baby names.

My H always comes up with some goofy boys names. Recently it has been Woodson or Reylon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My little neighbor who is like 4 years old and is petrified of Lucy is named Meadow.
    panther
  • Options
    Oh and Lbarr, after reading the list, I don't mind Adler or Ryker for a boy. Ha. But those extraneous y's are so annoying I could never do that to my kid.
  • Options
    My favorite bloggers kids are named "Archer, Fable, Reverie, and Boheme" (I think it's Boheme, whatever, they call her Bo)

I like the name Archer. Fable is a little much for me. 
  • Options
    Meadow? Are there really not enough names in the world?

• Options
    Is Meadow a girl or a boy?
  • Options
    I mean, who am I to talk? H and I like the name Brooklyn for a girl, so whatevs. I also like Finn for a boy. I AM A HYPOCRITE.

But still.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_if-you-are-in-need-of-a-chuckle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:575e3098-4f94-4de1-9d30-a61f14731a4cPost:9307068f-b223-440a-95ba-0b4367fdb37c">Re: If you are in need of a chuckle...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I mean, who am I to talk?<strong> H and I like the name Brooklyn for a girl, so whatevs</strong>. I also like Finn for a boy. I AM A HYPOCRITE. But still.
    Posted by ZombieNates[/QUOTE]

That is my H's favorite girls name. And I really like it too, but we'd probably call her Brooke. It's actually like the #21 name in the US for girls in 2012.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_if-you-are-in-need-of-a-chuckle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:575e3098-4f94-4de1-9d30-a61f14731a4cPost:9307068f-b223-440a-95ba-0b4367fdb37c">Re: If you are in need of a chuckle...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I mean, who am I to talk? H and I like the name <strong>Brooklyn for a girl</strong>, so whatevs. I also like Finn for a boy. I AM A HYPOCRITE. But still.

My Goddaughters names are London and Brooklynn.  They're sisters.
    imageVacation
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_if-you-are-in-need-of-a-chuckle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:575e3098-4f94-4de1-9d30-a61f14731a4cPost:2cc03cc1-433e-4b52-ab14-9be15898183d">Re: If you are in need of a chuckle...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you are in need of a chuckle... : That is my H's favorite girls name. And I really like it too, but <strong>we'd probably call her Brooke</strong>. It's actually like the #21 name in the US for girls in 2012.
    Posted by jennamarie10[/QUOTE]
    Same here. We've debated Brooke Lynn as two names or Brooklyn as one. Note: not Brook'Lynn, lol.

And Annyston?!
  • Options
    I don't know that I hate Annyston, but I wouldn't spell it that way. 
    imageVacation
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_if-you-are-in-need-of-a-chuckle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:575e3098-4f94-4de1-9d30-a61f14731a4cPost:9851f9ca-fa98-42e0-b223-6592470af7ca">Re: If you are in need of a chuckle...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know that I hate Annyston, but I wouldn't spell it that way. 
    Posted by brandichamberlain[/QUOTE]

that's kind of what I was thinking. Like in theory, Aniston is similar to Addison (kind of?) which is super popular. I don't hate it, but I wouldn't name my kid just because of the celeb reference.

I used to love Caden so much. But now there are just too many Caden/Kaden/Kaiden/Kayden/Caeden's.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I just hate the random y-ing of names nowadays. I'm not opposed to different, nontraditional names in general, but just uneek ones for the purpose of being different.

I have an odd first name and it was the bane of my existence as a kid.

ETA: posted too soon. I hated my name as a kid, but it's fine now. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_if-you-are-in-need-of-a-chuckle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:575e3098-4f94-4de1-9d30-a61f14731a4cPost:c6daae10-3e86-40f9-9e5c-8c752affad61">Re: If you are in need of a chuckle...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you are in need of a chuckle... : that's kind of what I was thinking. Like in theory, Aniston is similar to Addison (kind of?) which is super popular.<strong> I don't hate it, but I wouldn't name my kid just because of the celeb reference. </strong>I used to love Caden so much. But now there are just too many Caden/Kaden/Kaiden/Kayden/Caeden's.
    Posted by jennamarie10[/QUOTE]

ITA.

I'm almost afraid our girls name will  be referenced to a celebrity, but IDGAF becuase I love it (Giulianna).
    imageVacation
  • Options
    Meadow is a girl.  I think I'll one up that ho and name our baby Pasture.  Or maybe... Lagoon. 

I also have a former classmate who named her daughter Kinlyn.  Barf.
    panther
  • Options
    I just saw that someone named their daughter Aaliyah (pronounced a-lie-a).  Not a fan.
    imageVacation
  • Options
    Aaliyah was a semi-popular singer in like the late 90s maybe? I think its A-lee-ah. That's also one of the top rising baby names in the US, like top 50 maybe.
  • Options
    Omg, there was a Cain and Abel sibling pair mentioned in the comments. CAIN AND ABEL?!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_if-you-are-in-need-of-a-chuckle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:575e3098-4f94-4de1-9d30-a61f14731a4cPost:4c5a60b1-4439-41e0-aac3-eb17df8d73a3">Re: If you are in need of a chuckle...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Omg, there was a Cain and Abel sibling pair mentioned in the comments. CAIN AND ABEL?!!

I wonder which one is the parent's favorite?  lol
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_if-you-are-in-need-of-a-chuckle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:575e3098-4f94-4de1-9d30-a61f14731a4cPost:4c5a60b1-4439-41e0-aac3-eb17df8d73a3">Re: If you are in need of a chuckle...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Omg, there was a Cain and Abel sibling pair mentioned in the comments. CAIN AND ABEL?!!

I know a baby Cain.
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_if-you-are-in-need-of-a-chuckle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:575e3098-4f94-4de1-9d30-a61f14731a4cPost:fb1464e8-ffb7-4059-958e-a396ab8570ec">Re: If you are in need of a chuckle...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you are in need of a chuckle... : I wonder which one is the parent's favorite?  lol
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]
    Lol.

I wonder what they say when the kid hears the story.  "Umm, we didn't PLAN that you'll eventually kill your brother, but if it happens, we won't be surprised."
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_if-you-are-in-need-of-a-chuckle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:575e3098-4f94-4de1-9d30-a61f14731a4cPost:b6835b1e-0396-4161-b8f8-6fd4c0998874">Re: If you are in need of a chuckle...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you are in need of a chuckle... : Lol. I wonder what they say when the kid hears the story.  "Umm, we didn't PLAN that you'll eventually kill your brother, but if it happens, we won't be surprised."

I'll name my sons Mufasa and Scar.
    panther
  • Options
    Omg, Cain and Abel?  I would definitely go for Cain though.  Actually I know a Cain, but it's spelt "Kane"

I just reread it and I don't know why the Nyfe one is cracking my ish up.  I'm getting strange stares.  Haters gon hate.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards