Snarky Brides
Options

Ideas for a side dish

Hi guys. H and I are going to a BBQ birthday party Saturday. The couple is buying and cooking ribs and BBQ chicken. They are asking instead of a gift to bring a side dish for the party. I am not the best cook as in not very inventive. Potato salad, veggie plate, and deviled eggs was taken already. Anyone have any ideas?

Re: Ideas for a side dish

• Options
    Mac and cheese!

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    I do love Mac and cheese!

• Options
    Baked beans or corn casserole
  • Options
    I always make my coleslaw with BBQ.

I don't exactly have a recipe but I just mix up shredded cabbage, thinly sliced celery, red onion, crumbled bacon, dark red and light red kidney beans. Then just add your coleslaw dressing. Piece of cake and it's always a huge hit. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    These are awesome ideas everyone. Thank ou so much!

• Options
    I usually do fruit skewers. Just get some melons, pineapple, grapes, etc and cut them up into decent sized pieces and shove them on a stick! Nice for a BBW because you just grab one and go, no spooning a bunch on a plate.
  • Options
    I would bring rice or salad.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    celticmysscelticmyss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I am in the coleslaw camp. Mine is usually more Tex Mex with lime and cilantro. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Relish Tray, with pickles, olives etc?
  • Options
    pasta salad! I use tri colored rotelli and put in a TON of veggies, some cubes of cheese and mix in italian dressing with a splash of balsamic vinegar
  • Options
    bltatabltata member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    This one is always a big hit...

Cheese tortellini (You can just get the Buittoni type at the store), boiled and chilled.  Mix with blueberries and sliced strawberries.  Stir in a peppercorn dressing, or if unavailable some sort of sweet and slightly tangy salad dressing that isn't completely oil based.  Add sliced almonds. Voila.

I've also NEVER seen a taco salad go untouched.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards