Snarky Brides
Options

Nutrition FYI for you!

I just learned this last week. DON'T starve a cold or a fever. You need the protein to make more antibodies. :)

Re: Nutrition FYI for you!

• Options
    I was hoping you were declaring McNuggets a superfood.
  • Options
    Yeah, I was hoping you'd say potato chips were an acceptable substitute for vegetables.
  • Options
    I was hoping you would say Ice Cream is one of the good food groups.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nutrition-fyi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:58588685-c427-4be4-83bc-dfb17fc2c0b5Post:797cba27-9796-438a-81b1-ae315ef27127">Re: Nutrition FYI for you!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was hoping you were declaring McNuggets a superfood.
    Posted by zippityb[/QUOTE]

Only if paired with a delectable cubed package of sweet and sour sauce. Duh.
  • Options
    Isn't the old saying "Feed a cold, starve a fever?" or something like that?  I always get super hungry when I'm sick.  I guess that's a good thing :)  Unless I'm sick to my stomach, of course.  Or have mono.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    ricksangricksang member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited November 2010
    Ha! Well, I will say all of those are okay to have sometimes :P

WTF is up with me saying "I will say" lately?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nutrition-fyi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:58588685-c427-4be4-83bc-dfb17fc2c0b5Post:804e58da-0f8a-4a0c-aaa8-cc871a07db9c">Re: Nutrition FYI for you!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Isn't the old saying "Feed a cold, starve a fever?" or something like that?  I always get super hungry when I'm sick.  I guess that's a good thing :)  Unless I'm sick to my stomach, of course.  Or have mono.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]
    The saying always confused me too! I get really hungry when I am sick too.
  • Options
    Ricks, that pie in your avatar looks delish.
  • Options
    Anytime I can sit on my ass at home and veg, I'm hungry. This includes all sicknesses except stomach viruses. Hell, I've had horrible munchies all week and I'm at work. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I know Cranberry. Pumpkin is my fav.
  • Options
    I'm home sick now actually with a horrible cold and mild fever.  This is the 3rd time since May I've been sick and it's getting old.  But yeah, I've definitely been eating.  I had eggs and toast this morning, then a bowl of frosted mini wheats, then a PB sandwich.  Now I'm contemplating heating up some soup. And I've been downing Vitamin Water like nobody's business. But I still feel like poo that's been run over by a truck. 
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I also get really hungry when I'm sick. I tried to think about why and I came up with 2 reasons:

1. It's usually when I have kind of a sore throat, so sometimes when swallowing something, it helps my throat feel better. Kind of like scratching an itch. That probably sounds strange or really effing stupid but I don't know how else to explain it.

2. When I'm sick it's harder to smell and taste foods, which is one of the best parts about eating yummy foods. So I think I eat a lot more (or have the urge to) because I want to taste the food.

Or maybe I'm just a freak of nature.   ; )
  • Options

Yeah the food won't cure really fast but it will help your body fight the infection quicker. Yaou are on the right track. I just found this bit of nutirition education pretty neat so I wanted to share.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nutrition-fyi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:58588685-c427-4be4-83bc-dfb17fc2c0b5Post:643aff48-3662-48b8-ad2e-33bd5cc0c9c2">Re: Nutrition FYI for you!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I also get really hungry when I'm sick. I tried to think about why and I came up with 2 reasons: 1. <strong>It's usually when I have kind of a sore throat, so sometimes when swallowing something, it helps my throat feel better. Kind of like scratching an itch. That probably sounds strange or really effing stupid but I don't know how else to explain it.</strong> 2. When I'm sick it's harder to smell and taste foods, which is one of the best parts about eating yummy foods. So I think I eat a lot more (or have the urge to) because I want to taste the food. Or maybe I'm just a freak of nature.   ; )
    Posted by LessThanZero[/QUOTE]
    OMG I think the same thing! Hot tea is the best!
  • Options
    Yay! I'm not crazy.
  • Options
    I didn't say you weren't crazy. Don't jump to conclusions j/k ;P
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nutrition-fyi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:58588685-c427-4be4-83bc-dfb17fc2c0b5Post:3f3714d4-4dc2-499c-a8d6-9ada9430be18">Re: Nutrition FYI for you!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't say you weren't crazy. Don't jump to conclusions j/k ;P
    Posted by ricksang[/QUOTE]

Ha! To be honest, when I posted that I had some second thoughts about making such a definitive statement.
  • Options

Well I am crazy as well, it's a good color to wear!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards