Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Rock the Processional

So I posted this link on the MN knot but all the girls had already seen it, since it was on the news in MN and on NBC Today Show.  I had not seen it until this am when my mom e-mailed it to me. It's a very unique idea!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-94JhLEiN0&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Efacebook%2Ecom%2Fhome%2Ephp%3F&feature=player_embedded
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Rock the Processional

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think someone posted it here earlier, as well, but I'm not sure.Just curious--what do you all think of it?I thought it was neat and showed it to my mom. She thought it was a cool idea, but thought it was really inappropriate to do in a church, and the reception would have been a better place for something like that (unless the ceremony was held outdoors or a nonreligious location--that would have been okay). I kind of doubt the church the ceremony was held at was pleased to see that up on youtube--you never know, though!What do you guys think?
    Click Here for Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Married June 12, 2010!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it's cute and differen and FI and I enjoyed watching it, but I would NOT want it at my wedding.  I am going for an elegant, classy feel and that was more of a fun, party feel.  I also thought the bride was sort of left out of the whole thing.....I know I have princess syndrome, but isn't it supposed to be very dramatic when the doors open and the bride comes down the isle?  I thought it was sort of anti-climactic....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You're right Marissa, it was posted here once or twice before.I thought it was funny, and Chris & I laughed but know that it's not something we would do. I agree that it's probably better for a reception entrance.
  • Options
    DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    it was cute at the beginning, but just got kind of long and old as the song went on?
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    mandasue178mandasue178 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It was really cute, but I'd consider it inappropriate for a church. I"m all about having fun, but sometimes I think we focus too much on the fun and forget that the wedding itself is a serious thing.
    Becoming My Mother
    Names for our Currently Non-Existent Baby Anniversary
    Dx: PCOS 3/11
    **TTC buddies with Browneyedhunni85**
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I thought it was really cute!  I sort of agree with PP about doing it in a church and that the bride was sort of lost in it, but it was really original and fun.
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I thought it was fun, and we're not having a church wedding, but I think it might be more appropriate for the recessional or the reception entrance, as mentioned before.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it's cute...but I think it depends on the personalities of the B&G and their BP. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I thought it was adorable actually...but it was too long.   I agree that with all that excitement they should have done something more dramatic with the bride's entrance. 
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm, it was kind of cute and kind of long.  Plus, I don't think I would pick a Chris Brown song.
  • Options
    untsinguntsing member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I thought it looked really stupid.  Everyone kept posting it and I was expecting to be impressed, but I only watched about a minute of it and thought "meh" and closed it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The BP and B&G were on The Early Show this morning and recreated the entire entrance. Also it was the topic of discussion on 96.3 KSCS this morning. The general consensus was that it was a great, fun way to enter, but it's definitely not something I would do.
  • Options
    Dreynol1Dreynol1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I posted it originally (I think) and I thought it was funny. I would not do it for mine because I am also going for a more formal feel. It just made me smile so I posted it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I thought it was cute but just not something I would do especially in a church. I think it would work great if it was done for a laid back wedding outside or at a park. We are going for a more formal wedding. So it wouldn't work for me.
  • Options
    TCUESW1999TCUESW1999 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I thought it was dumb. I lost interest after about 2 minutes.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    TCU, are you thinking like me? I'm like, "ok, I get it...it's cute and different...do we need a million posts about it?"  :)  I'm kind of over it at this point.  Maybe I should have saved that for FFF.
  • Options
    TCUESW1999TCUESW1999 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeeah, I am like you Mariah, oh, btw, may name is Ellen. I guess I didn't realize that I don't have my name anywhere. It was cute at first but then it got old and to make it even more aggravating, at my shower on Saturday, one of the guests whips out her Iphone and starts showing it to the other guests. Sheesh.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hahaha! 
  • Options
    almoyoalmoyo member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It was waaaay too long. I think a choreographed dance at the reception is super cool, (we did not do one) but how do you settle back down for a wedding ceremony after all THAT? It's like everyone gets all pumped up, then they have to just sit through some boring ol' vows and sh!t... :)
  • Options
    DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL almoyo... also, it might have been less boring if the wedding party actually had decent dancing skills... i mean it got kind of pathetic towards the end there.
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    lyndie_bethlyndie_beth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    After showing him the video I told Mike we should do it but Dirty Dancing style like the final scene of the movie where Patrick Swayze leads the crew down the aisle and then she runs and jumps...he didn't like it. ;) I was obviously joking.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am honestly just sick of hearing about it. It's cute for the first 5 seconds. For such a small church it took them forever to get down the aisle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards