Snarky Brides
Options

The best of 2010

What do you think were the best things to happen in 2010 - shows, music, happenings, quotes, WHATEVER.

Some of my faves: the dinosaur awareness campaign on FB, Boardwalk Empire, TWD and the general zombie discussions it brought, aaaand SB that we have today.

You?

(please tell me we havnt done this?!)

Re: The best of 2010

• Options
    Micahel Vick getting a second chance to play ball.

Just kidding. I'm pretty happy about Glee.
  • Options
    For me, getting married and finishing school!
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Another awesome thing, the fact that the hurricane season was so active and so strong yet very few storms made landfall. I think hurricanes are fascinating.
  • Options
    Personally, my best part of 2010 was starting grad school.  I didn't think I could do it and I'm already more than halfway through.

As a whole, I think I loved the 2010 television shows.  There weren't too many movies I remember loving, though.
  • Options
    oh I love all of yours, Nebb! Such a perfect list!

I would have to think longer to make a real good guess at what I liked best, but on the music scene I had respect for LadyGaga and Eminem. Yeah sure, there are a million reasons not to like both, but they are both so talented. Mike and I had a conversation yesterday about Eminem having come a long way since his Real Slim Shady and just ever evolving.

I also wish I had been the person to think of silly bandz in 2010.

I am glad myspace seems to have died.

• Options
    edited December 2010
    Um, I got married. That was pretty big for me. I booked a honeymoon for 2011. That makes me excited for 2011.

Other than that...I loved Inception, I have an unfortunate love for Ke$ha (great to work out to), I don't love Gaga but I love Telephone, I also love Flashforward. 

I think that is about all that I can think about right now.

ETA: oh, and I feel like I have a 'home' on SB...that is totally 2010.

ETA2: Up! I loved that movie so much. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_of-2010?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:60f7d7b6-3284-4c60-b81b-a8f36bdda9bbPost:8c907a01-4bea-4830-a2c8-7c12ece9907e">Re: The best of 2010</a>:
    [QUOTE]Toy Story 3.  LOVED IT!!!
    Posted by Dot Dash[/QUOTE]

oh yes! I teared up every two seconds. I loved it.
  • Options
    Walking Dead series!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_of-2010?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:60f7d7b6-3284-4c60-b81b-a8f36bdda9bbPost:3fa1eaa6-7b9c-45ac-8cc8-b7fbb58c0468">Re: The best of 2010</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The best of 2010 : Our local media was telling everyone the hurricanes would be terrible this year and everyone needed to stock up NOW on supplies and fuel. Same as last year, we had the projections, people getting freaked out. And we got nothing. Hardly a single storm.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]
    There were a ton of storms, it basically met predictions, just most of them didnt make landfall. A few hit mexico, and thats it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_of-2010?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:60f7d7b6-3284-4c60-b81b-a8f36bdda9bbPost:6449d7a7-b0e5-4e69-b026-e3e0ef5933a9">Re: The best of 2010</a>:
    [QUOTE]Um, I got married. That was pretty big for me. I booked a honeymoon for 2011. That makes me excited for 2011. Other than that...I loved Inception, I have an unfortunate love for Ke$ha (great to work out to), I don't love Gaga but I love Telephone, I also love<strong> Flashforward</strong>.  I think that is about all that I can think about right now. ETA: oh, and I feel like I have a 'home' on SB...that is totally 2010. ETA2: Up! I loved that movie so much. 
    Posted by number55[/QUOTE]

The TV show? I loved that show, but I heard it got cancelled :(
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_of-2010?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:60f7d7b6-3284-4c60-b81b-a8f36bdda9bbPost:84913a89-9048-4f75-a99c-b78f5e1a02d6">Re: The best of 2010</a>:
    [QUOTE]oh I love all of yours, Nebb! Such a perfect list! I would have to think longer to make a real good guess at what I liked best, but on the music scene I had respect for LadyGaga and Eminem. Yeah sure, there are a million reasons not to like both, but they are both so talented. Mike and I had a conversation yesterday about Eminem having come a long way since his Real Slim Shady and just ever evolving. I also wish I had been the person to think of silly bandz in 2010. I am glad myspace seems to have died.
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]
    I LOVE that eminem is back. I think the dudes got chops, and he is crazy talented. He is obviously just so intellegent, and i just love that he is back.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_of-2010?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:60f7d7b6-3284-4c60-b81b-a8f36bdda9bbPost:29e0b06f-94bc-4d75-8ec6-d3c85cd6b9b6">Re: The best of 2010</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The best of 2010 : The TV show? I loved that show, but I heard it got cancelled :(
    Posted by LedZeppelin[/QUOTE]

<div>Really? I thought maybe this was the case. I saw one of the characters (the cute doctor who had cancer and was looking for the Japanese chick) on a preview for a new show starting in January...I figured that wasn't a good thing...going to look it up now. :(</div>
  • Options

Oh and as I said in a previous post I am so proud this year to find out I am completely clear of cancer and getting engaged to the love of my life :) (mushy I know sorry)

• Options
    I really wanted to watch TWD. It seemed like a really good show, but I watched one episode and got too freaked out. I'm too much of a wimp.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I will get on the Em love, although if I hear that damn song with Rihanna one more time, I will cut someone. He is such a talented lyricist.

I want FlashFoward back.  We loved that show.
  • Options
    Yeah, LZ, you are correct, it got axed a while ago actually...I guess I just figured it was starting later in the year...at least I have Fringe.
  • Options
    YES!! the chiliean miner rescue was an amazing moment. That was just inspiring.
  • Options
    I completely missed that UM! Congratulations! That's fantastic!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_of-2010?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:60f7d7b6-3284-4c60-b81b-a8f36bdda9bbPost:8fdc7f26-d55a-48ca-81c3-2a2aa0c01982">Re: The best of 2010</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The best of 2010 : [QUOTE ]I will get on the Em love , although if I hear that damn song with Rihanna one more time, I will cut someone. He is such a talented lyricist. I want FlashFoward back.  We loved that show. Posted by NatesGirl16[/QUOTE] I totally thought that was about me for a second. I'm such a narcissistic whore. I really need to check out his new stuff, though. I liked all of his old stuff (post slim shady, that is)
    Posted by LedZeppelin[/QUOTE]
    I'm already on THAT Em love :P
  • Options
    Thank you I seriously jumped around screaming when I got the results of my tests back :) It tied my engagment happiness lol
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2010
    Another awesome thing about 2010. THE BROKEN BELLS. Omg best new band of the YEAR in my opinion.

For your viewing pleasure: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVxTsXRjNTw (FF to like 1:30 to get to the actual song haha, I didnt realize there was that much random christina hendricks at the beginning)
  • Options
    I have heard of them before from my brother but he always calls to have me look up some goofy shiit I will have to check that out.
  • Options
    I am glad I didn't listen to the radio very much this year. I like the Eminem comeback, and for me I still like hearing "Love The Way You Lie" because I have only heard it maybe a dozen times. I know I like a few songs right now that people are sick of from them being so overplayed.

As far as T.V. I give props to The Glades. I am so glad that H made me watch it, because it ended up becoming my favorite scripted show of the year. I also hate crime-dramas, so for one to come on that I love is cool.
  • Options
    Still on my broken bells train, THIS - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWBG1j_flrg - was the BEST summer song that I can remember. It was perfection. God I love them.
  • Options
    OMG how could I forget this - the OLYMPICS!! I know its more cause im canadian and we ROCKED IT but it was so amazing seeing this country whipped up into a frenzy and so damn proud to be canadian. The feeling when we won our first gold on home soil, and then when we won the mens hockey game were absolutely indescribable. HANDS DOWN, I think the olympics were my favourite thing of 2010.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_of-2010?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:60f7d7b6-3284-4c60-b81b-a8f36bdda9bbPost:eda338d9-4bd7-4522-a1de-b6e4eed8813a">Re: The best of 2010</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMG how could I forget this - the OLYMPICS!! I know its more cause im canadian and we ROCKED IT but it was so amazing seeing this country whipped up into a frenzy and so damn proud to be canadian. The feeling when we won our first gold on home soil, and then when we won the mens hockey game were absolutely indescribable. HANDS DOWN, I think the olympics were my favourite thing of 2010.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh, yes, this! I loved the Olympics. </div>
  • Options
    That's awesome UM. Congrats!

We've also got some many new SB babies and pregnancies!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_of-2010?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:60f7d7b6-3284-4c60-b81b-a8f36bdda9bbPost:641114fb-0c90-4fea-99e7-10a4275d77da">Re: The best of 2010</a>:
    [QUOTE]The dinosaur awareness was pretty awesome. Personally, for me the best was getting married, watching my brother graduate, and being part of his first semester in college. I wish I could have seen BE all the way through, but TWD was great. I can't wait for the next season. Oh, and Justified. Deadliest Catch was really touching this year and gave us a whole new appreciation for the crews after Captain Phil died. For movies, was Avatar 2010? I think it was. That was one of my favorites and helped to restore my faith in Hollywood. Then they went back to the constant remakes and stupid comedies and now suck again.<strong> I've heard Black Swan was amazing though.</strong>
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

I saw it the other day and really liked it. Weird and disturbing, but good. I hate predictable movies.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards