Snarky Brides
Options

S/O of HS Reunions

Did you do anything fun in HS?

I was little miss volunteer.  I was in Student Council and Key Club.  I played softball for 3 years, but my senior year I decided to go to france instead.
Photobucket

Re: S/O of HS Reunions

• Options
    I was in the show choir. And we were like, the cool kids, and everybody wanted to be in the group. I also was on dance team, but for one year because I loved marching season but hated contest season.
  • Options
    The most fun I had in high school was in Art and Art History. My last two years, I had the option to quit PE and have two hours of art instead. All my friends were in that class and we had a really cool teacher. My friend made a bong out of clay and she fired it for him, and let him glaze it. If the administration had found out about that, they'd have shiit a brick.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    I was in the liturgical choir.  That's about it.  I helped out with things when my friends were organizing stuff.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We did a class trip to London in my senior year. Two weeks, it was great.

• Options
    Was show choir like Glee?  Was it musical and magical and everythin in between?!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I had a very weird high school experience.  On the one hand, I was on the debate team, the forensics team, and in school plays.  I did very well academically, once I decided to put in some effort.  On the other hand, I was drinking/other things, sleeping around (esp. with much-older boyfriends), in general seeking out a more sophisticated/wilder life than my peers. 

I was not popular (and actively persecuted by some) at high school, BUT I had a blast during high school.  I had a core group of like-minded friends and we thought we just kicked ass, so our being held in contempt by the majority of our classmates was considered a compliment.  We were kind of snots, in retrospect. 
  • Options
    pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited August 2010
    I was in band. 

At my hs the honors classes were practically a club, I was in those too. 

Not very cool at all, actually, now that I think about it.
  • Options
    A forensics team?  That sounds awesome.

I took a London trip in HS.  It was amazing.  Nick has never left the country, I'd love to take him there before we have kids.  There is mention of Germany next year *fingers crossed*
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I took 3 years of Latin.  Oh wait, you asked if we did anything fun....I was also in band.  I played the flute and piccolo. 

My school was really small (55 kids in my graduating class), so we didn't have a lot of cool classes like forensics or debate. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Sports. I actually had fun getting in shape! Really though, I miss the team aspect of sports and the fun times we had as a team. I especially miss track & field.

I also miss being 'not adult'. I was responsible in high school, but I didn't have bills to worry about or a house to clean.
  • Options
    I was in yearbook, class secretary a few years and was voted Best Personality, Most Likely to Start a Riot and Most Likely to Become a Hippie by my class.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I did forensics, debate, drama, track (1 mile/2 mile), cross country, Key club, National Honor Society, SCA (Sec and VP) and a tutoring group that worked with  1st graders. I also did Tae Kwon Do (got my black belt 5 days before graduation), lifeguarding, coached kids gymnastics and trained/rehabbed rescue horses.

I was a busy little bee lol.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_of-hs-reunions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:655a48ed-ee2b-4e11-a830-b41cb636018aPost:7bd13aed-23f0-4f19-9973-82873917c473">Re: S/O of HS Reunions</a>:
    [QUOTE]A forensics team?  That sounds awesome. I took a London trip in HS.  It was amazing.  Nick has never left the country, I'd love to take him there before we have kids.  <strong>There is mention of Germany next year *fingers crossed*</strong>
    Posted by shellydiane820[/QUOTE]

H and I are going to Germany next year! I'm so excited!
  • Options
    I mainly worked on my books in high school. I never went to parties and rarely hung out with people. My senior year it worked out that the last 3 periods of the day were all art, so that rocked.
  • Options
    I placed in the top three in my state at Literary Rally in English all four years of high school. I'm still really proud of that. Although I shouldn't be, because, hey, it's Louisiana we're talking about. Not much competition.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    I was an editor on the school newspaper my junior year, and would have been editor-in-chief if it hadn't conflicted with IB Bio.  I was also Model UN president. 

Yep, I was a nerd.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_of-hs-reunions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:655a48ed-ee2b-4e11-a830-b41cb636018aPost:68bdde99-2796-4e9c-af8b-3d30c1e92a4a">Re: S/O of HS Reunions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was in yearbook, class secretary a few years and was voted Best Personality, Most Likely to Start a Riot and Most Likely to Become a Hippie by my class.
    Posted by MarriedInAFever[/QUOTE]

Start a riot and become a hippie?  Isn't that like an oxymoron or something?
    Photobucket
  • Options
    She could start a riot for peace?
  • Options
    I'm kind of sad that my high school didn't have most of the fun-sounding things y'all have mentioned. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_of-hs-reunions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:655a48ed-ee2b-4e11-a830-b41cb636018aPost:547daf86-5f57-4618-9074-ddd9772fe28a">Re: S/O of HS Reunions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had a very weird high school experience.  On the one hand, I was on the debate team, the forensics team, and in school plays.  I did very well academically, once I decided to put in some effort.  On the other hand, I was drinking/other things, sleeping around (esp. with much-older boyfriends), in general seeking out a more sophisticated/wilder life than my peers.  I was not popular (and actively persecuted by some) at high school, BUT I had a blast during high school.  I had a core group of like-minded friends and we thought we just kicked ass, so our being held in contempt by the majority of our classmates was considered a compliment.  We were kind of snots, in retrospect. 
    Posted by ohwhynot[/QUOTE]

Wow, this sounds exactly like me in highschool.! Too funny.
    FI still gives me grief about the fact that I was too "snotty" to talk to him much. I didn't think I was a snot, but I guess I was, just not in the "mean girls" way.
  • Options
    I was super-nerd. I was in band, was president of the Latin Honor Society, and took 10 AP classes. Somehow I managed to dance about 10 hours a week in there too.
  • Options
    I was on dance line (high kick, rockette type stuff), debate team, played tennis, was in 2 plays and was into volunteering (e.g. went on mission trips every spring break)

Also took some AP classes but most kids at my school did so it wasnt anything special.

Oh and I took 3 languages instead of advanced science classes.... because I hate science
  • Options
    I did orchestra for a year. I played the violin. I went to high school with 5 other cousin so they were my core group. My aunt worked at the school so that had it's perks and it's disadvantages. My senior year I only needed to take 2 classes and the rest electives so it was a breeze. I took classes like child care where we took care of other student's kid and a bunch of tech classes.
  • Options
    I went to a magnet school and majored in computer graphics. BF went to the same one and majored in computer science.

I was in Varsity Quiz for 2 years.
    I'm not good at feelings.

• Options
    Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited August 2010

I was pretty popular but always felt like I didnt fit in.

I had a ton of friends, was in the "cool crowd" but was different.  I started bartending sr year, smoked cigarettes, drank, etc.  My friends were pretty goody goody.  We didnt have much in common.  They wore curdory jumpers and white tights, I wore mini skirts and thigh highs.

My best friend since 1st grade slept with my bf senior year.  I made for some epic fights and major drama.  I stopped talking to my friends the last month of school because they didnt think she did anything wrong.

I met all my best friends in college.

045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    SarahSmile23SarahSmile23 member
    First Comment
    edited August 2010

I was editor of the HS newspaper for two yrs, copy editor for the yearbook, a thespian (most of my hours were crew hours; i loved being on crew for shows!), and in chorus every year. I also did JV cheerleading one year, tennis one year, and soccer one year. I learned that I'm not an athlete. :)

edit: i was also VP of student council my senior yr!

• Options
    I started out pretty involved, newspaper staff, spirt club, volleyball, played the flute, clubs, etc. By sophomore year I got a job at a restaurant with a bunch of my friends and decided rum and pot were a better use of my time. We partied a lot but still got good grades. We actually had a lot of fun in high school.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    my HS reunion is this fall and i may not attend.
  • Options
    I was in dance team, orchestra, varsity choir, peace jam, AP classes, VP of Gamma Group (a women's rights group), debate, elementary tutoring, Peer Ministry (peer listening group) and then I also did outside of school dance classes about 3 or 4 days of the week I think and had an after school job at a diner. 

I am exhausted just by looking at it.  I got up at 5:30 each morning and went to bed at 1. 

I had a lot of fun and liked high school for the most part.  I probably will not go to reunions until I'm much older because from what my parents said until you're 50 people just compete (still!) for who has what car, what trophy wife, etc.  No thanks.
    My Bio Updated 4/6/10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards