Snarky Brides
Options

My dirt pile (PIP heavy)

You asked for it.

I should say, it doesnt look very impressive considering nothing is really grown yet, but its all therenow. Except the beans, I was too lazy to plant the beans.

This is 4 of 12 garlics I have (8 in planters, 4 in the garden which you will see later)

Thyme, chives & rosemary... and a pile of sticks

Basil

Spinach (no idea what im supposed to do with this, so Im just letting it do its thing)

Box #1 - 2 beefsteak tomato plants, 4 rows of green onions, 1 garlic, and white carrots

Box #2 - Black Prince tomatoe, Kelloggs Breakfast tomato, regular carrots, 2 rows of green onions and 2 garlics

Box #3 - Great White tomato, Green Zebra tomato, baby carrots, 2 rows of green onions, 1 garlic

Lettuce - currently under chicken wire because animals keep frigging digging in them and I got pissed off.

Front garden - cant really tell whats in there but theres sort of one of everything. The things at the front are alliums and have taken over. Not very interesting to look at just yet.

This is the garden which has crap everywhere and looks like absolute shiit but I need to clean it up. The rows of dirt will have beans in them and it will be straightened up a bit.

Snow white cherry tomato

There you have it. THIS is what ive been obsessed with. Not shown: pot of dill, pot of oregano, 4 other pots of lettuces, and I THINK thats it??

Re: My dirt pile (PIP heavy)

• Options
    I want a garden.  It looks great!  And like a lot of work.
  • Options
    Can any of these be transferred to our seed vault?
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    :) I saved seeds just in case. You can NEVER be too careful.
  • Options
    You are so good. I'm saving seeds too, but they aren't labeled. I figured half of the fun would be figuring out what the fuckthat plant is going to be.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    Like taking the labels off of all of our canned goods we bring with us? Its like russian roullette with food!
  • Options
    Looks great! I can't wait to see it in a few weeks
  • Options
    And we'll paint our goat to look like a cat.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    I need to know what goat-cat's name is going to be...
  • Options
    Im jealous.  Mine looks weak next to that.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dirt-pile-pip-heavy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:66194d08-23d6-4be3-aab8-f8928e535ea9Post:b86a76f8-b3d3-421b-a84c-82d71b7c9410">Re: My dirt pile (PIP heavy)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I need to know what goat-cat's name is going to be...
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Whiskers? He can have your last name if you want. I don't want to be all diva and demand that he have mine.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    What about a hyphenated last name? My name, will obviously come first. Does whiskers eat tin cans? Thats an excellent form of recycling if he does...
  • Options
    Your garden looks great! It's exciting seeing things grow. H just pulled out a big squash from his and was so excited.
  • Options
    reilsreils member
    First Comment
    This looks great! I'll take some basil, pleaseandthanx. 
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    :) thanks guys!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dirt-pile-pip-heavy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:66194d08-23d6-4be3-aab8-f8928e535ea9Post:ccf1f490-c760-46b8-9a53-57be1ed33177">Re: My dirt pile (PIP heavy)</a>:
    [QUOTE]What about a hyphenated last name? My name, will obviously come first. Does whiskers eat tin cans? Thats an excellent form of recycling if he does...
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I'm down with hyphenated. It will make him sound smart and worldly.

Yes, he eats tin cans. He loves them. But his favorite thing to eat is other goats. It's really creepy.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    So hes like a black widow goat? Ive never heard of those. What a billy-bitch.
  • Options
    Kind of, but not really. He doesn't eat them for their money. He just likes the taste of goat. But, I mean, who can blame him? Goats are tasty.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    Youre not allowed to eat whiskers. I need to make that clear NOW before we end up in the vault.
  • Options
    Oh. Don't worry. Whiskers is too mean to eat. He's fun to kick, though.
  • Options
    It looks amazing!  Now come to NJ and bring me produce.  Please.
  • Options
    Love your garden! I can't come close to that here :( BUT those baby lilies I showed you a few weeks ago are so huge and about to bud. I can't wait! I wish I could grow a garden without javelina eating my stuff.
  • Options
    K&J64K&J64 member
    First Comment
    Wow Nebb, that's a very extensive garden you have growing. Do you even buy produce in the summer? Good job!

Now I want a nice ripe tomato.

Photobucket
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dirt-pile-pip-heavy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:66194d08-23d6-4be3-aab8-f8928e535ea9Post:2bdf811c-571f-41f5-b9e1-7849aea0d3f2">Re: My dirt pile (PIP heavy)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow Nebb, that's a very extensive garden you have growing. Do you even buy produce in the summer? Good job! Now I want a nice ripe tomato.
    Posted by kcullen37[/QUOTE]
    Some, not a lot. Just the stuff I dont grow but even then its limited. All we eat is beans in late July/Augst, so it makes it pointless to buy other stuff. Im planning to "can" (chop up and freeze in bags - lazy mans canning) all of the tomatoes by type to keep throughout the winter too, as well as the green onion.
  • Options
    Yay, I'm so glad you posted these :) 

Keep us updated with pictures, it's fun :) I'm jealous of your space! Holy cow, it makes my six pots look so small, heh.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards