Snarky Brides
Options

I should start a business

I successfully removed an old toilet and installed a new one in our upstairs bathroom this morning. By myself. This is a big deal for me. Usually H just wants to hire someone to do the repairs, but it's so expensive. Especially considering I don't charge for labor.
Next task, reframing and installing a new front door.

Re: I should start a business

• Options
    Seriously? Wow. Go you!

If I can get a chapstick open successfully it is a good day for me.
  • Options
    I'm a pro with chapstick. I go through a tube a week.
  • Options
    I do too. I use my chapstick so often it actually starts to be shaped like a lipstick by the end. I am addicted.
  • Options
    I'm addicted too. It grosses H out.
  • Options
    Nice!

I have a lot of projects I would pay you to do.  We were going to retile our fireplace and the pile of new tile has been sitting in our livingroom since Christmas. 
  • Options
    We've been putting this project off, but finally the toilet started leaking enough, it needed to be replaced. I will say, it was fairly gross, but pretty easy.

I like doing stuff like this. I feel accomplished and proud to make my home nicer.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Thats awesome! I think theres something to be said for being able to do home repairs on your own, I think so many people dont know how to do them. I wish I had the prowess to do something with plumbing or what have you.
  • Options
    My parents could most definitely use your services.

My dad once tried to fix the toilet with a hammer. True story.
  • Options
    Very impressive.  The only thing we've been able to do on our own is install window hanging hardware.   Oh, now that I think about it, fi put in the garbage disposal.  There's no way I'd attempt something as scary as a toilet. 
  • Options
    Umm go you! I can't even change a flat tire!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_should-start-business?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6695ddd7-4670-49e7-9fc3-02a274ecf8e9Post:f5fa7a5f-088f-49f1-856b-aa8c3a365df4">Re: I should start a business</a>:
    [QUOTE]My parents could most definitely use your services. My dad once tried to fix the toilet with a hammer. True story.
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]
    I bet this did not end well.
  • Options
    That's amazing. I'm always in awe of people who can do anything DIY / home improvement related.
  • Options
    Can you come change out our toilet seat? It broke and I'm too lazy to buy and install a new one.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards