Snarky Brides

The worst wedding trends on Pinterest...

Re: The worst wedding trends on Pinterest...

• MollyandDMollyandD member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited April 2014
    Been seeing these all over Pinterest, and I hate, hate hate them.  What the hell is up with Comic book theme wedding cakes?  I hate themes to begin with ( Senior Prom much?), but these just take the cake.

I wouldn't even care so much if they were Groom's cakes (they're at least meant to be a bit more 'expressive'), but these just spoil the sophistication of the wedding cake IMO
    I actually love that sneaky Spiderman cake.  It's barely visible, most guests probably wouldn't even see it.

I don't like themes.  I actually don't like "groom's cakes" because it insinuates that the wedding cake is the "bride's cake" which is gross.

I agree with you. The Spider-Man thing is small enough to not be a big deal, and it's hilarious. I like a little humor though. I disagree with disliking groom's cakes. I always like more desert. I'll have a wedding cake, groom's cake, and maybe a random cookie cake just because.
  • Honest question about the naked couple. Perhaps they're just nudists?  Clearly the FOB is not one, but if they are nudists, perhaps other guests were likewise, um, natural, and people knew what to expect attending that wedding. 

I don't side-eye that nearly as much as the brides wearing far-too-revealing dresses. 

• Been seeing these all over Pinterest, and I hate, hate hate them.  What the hell is up with Comic book theme wedding cakes?  I hate themes to begin with ( Senior Prom much?), but these just take the cake.

I wouldn't even care so much if they were Groom's cakes (they're at least meant to be a bit more 'expressive'), but these just spoil the sophistication of the wedding cake IMO
    I actually love that sneaky Spiderman cake.  It's barely visible, most guests probably wouldn't even see it.

I don't like themes.  I actually don't like "groom's cakes" because it insinuates that the wedding cake is the "bride's cake" which is gross.
    Ditto. Love the little Spiderman. Hate groom's cakes. Why is it the groom gets to express his interests with a fun (and usually chocolate!) cake while the bride is only allowed to like white frou-frou cake? My wedding cake is everybody's cake, and it's frou-frou cuz it looks nice with the decor, not because I really like white frou-frou things. And lemon cake with strawberries between the layers and cream cheese frosting, because YUM.
    I agree. It wakes up my inner feminist when I see Groom's cakes. What, brides don't have personalities other than "brides?" You have to placate the groom with a cake for his personality, because it isn't anywhere else in the wedding?! Ugh.
    My friend's groom's cake was really a couple's cake. Half was for the bride and half was for the bride. It was cute and I wish I had a picture. I think her half was soccer themed and his was super heroes. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • wrigleyvillewrigleyville member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited April 2014
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

The line has been crossed.

Mason jars + unity ceremony =

And omg I just noticed they're sitting on burlap...

• Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

The line has been crossed.

Mason jars + unity ceremony =

And omg I just noticed they're sitting on burlap...

Paint some ombré chevrons on those bad boys!

• We're most likely doing cupcakes with 1 tier for cutting or saving. It will most definitely have a superman cake topper and I don't care who doesn't like it. If FI loves Superman so much to get kryptonian symbols tattooed on him, I say it's OK to incorporate in our wedding. 

I'd much rather see something a little out of the norm that reflects the couples true personalities than some fancy pants cake because that's what's expected of a wedding. Besides, isn't that the whole reason everyone on this thread hates pinterest themes that in no way relate to the couple?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • yeah i never liked the whole over elaborate propsal, especially the whole must ask my fathers permission. that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. you are not property and you should be allowed to marry to marry who you want.
    My fiance went and had 'the talk' with my grandmother, who raised me. I liked that he did not ask for permission- this was more about assuring her how seriously he takes marriage, telling her his 10 yr plan (so she knows he's responsible, beyond me just telling her.) things like this.

I too don't like the whole 'ask for permission' thing. My dad was irked he wasn't asked- but he didn't raise me, so he doesn't get that perk.
  • cambryn said:
    yeah i never liked the whole over elaborate propsal, especially the whole must ask my fathers permission. that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. you are not property and you should be allowed to marry to marry who you want.
    My fiance went and had 'the talk' with my grandmother, who raised me. I liked that he did not ask for permission- this was more about assuring her how seriously he takes marriage, telling her his 10 yr plan (so she knows he's responsible, beyond me just telling her.) things like this.

I too don't like the whole 'ask for permission' thing. My dad was irked he wasn't asked- but he didn't raise me, so he doesn't get that perk.
    My fiance talked to my parents before he asked me. He did the 10 year plan, told them all about how he respects me and wants to support me, lots of wonderful things. Then my dad pipes up: "yeah, but do you love her?" In all his wonderful prepared speech, he'd forgotten to say that! :) It was cute.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Inkdancer said:
    cambryn said:
    yeah i never liked the whole over elaborate propsal, especially the whole must ask my fathers permission. that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. you are not property and you should be allowed to marry to marry who you want.

My fiance talked to my parents before he asked me. He did the 10 year plan, told them all about how he respects me and wants to support me, lots of wonderful things. Then my dad pipes up: "yeah, but do you love her?" In all his wonderful prepared speech, he'd forgotten to say that! :) It was cute.
    My FI asked for my dad's blessing, not his permission. My dad said "welcome to the family... assuming she says yes." FI totally panicked that there may have been a possibility I'd say no. My dad likes to scare people. :)

• Are those camo fucking rose petals?
  • Bubblegum5586Bubblegum5586 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited April 2014
    WOW!!!! A cake made to look like the bride!!!

ETA:

Nothing says romance like a standoff between the bride and groom....

Anniversary
  • Why, God, why?

Orange Camouflage Petals  Orange Camo Petals  Loose by IDoDoodads, $10.95

If you're going to order these, spend money on these...  why not just throw sticks & leaves???  Drag a rake through your backyard, and BAM.  Free shit to throw.   *rolls eyes*
    A girl I used to be friends with is having an orange and camo wedding. It's horrible...

FH LOVES camo, he's a very avid hunter, and there is still no way I'd let us a camo wedding. 
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Been seeing these all over Pinterest, and I hate, hate hate them.  What the hell is up with Comic book theme wedding cakes?  I hate themes to begin with ( Senior Prom much?), but these just take the cake.

Ditto. Love the little Spiderman. Hate groom's cakes. Why is it the groom gets to express his interests with a fun (and usually chocolate!) cake while the bride is only allowed to like white frou-frou cake? My wedding cake is everybody's cake, and it's frou-frou cuz it looks nice with the decor, not because I really like white frou-frou things. And lemon cake with strawberries between the layers and cream cheese frosting, because YUM.
    That's a good question (My mom hates grooms cakes and said if the groom get's his own cake, mother of the bride/groom get their own cakes too. Um, okay mom). Though honestly I feel like the couple should just get a cake that they both really like. They are both getting married and should compromise on something they both like. *shrug*

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• We're having a chocolate wedding cake. Double chocolate with chocolate ganache and cannoli filling. Any suggestion to have a more traditional cake met with the fruitcake threat. Which I'd love but not sure everyone would.
  • GAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

All that's missing is some lace!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• GAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

How unappetizing is that? Mmmmm, burlap. Bet it leaves tasty fiber in the frosting.
  • GAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

Ew, now there will be burlap fibers in the frosting.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Excuse me, but exactly what the fuck is happening here?
    Are these wine bottles wearing clothes?
    This is so you know if the groom is supposed to drink the wine or if the bride is supposed to drink the wine. Can't have bride and groom drinking the same wine now.
  • Excuse me, but exactly what the fuck is happening here?
    Are these wine bottles wearing clothes?
    There are also clothes for champagne flutes: http://www.ziggos.com/products/bride-and-groom-stem-wear?gclid=CIK0vtvz-70CFU4aOgod8ngAkg This is so you know if the groom is supposed to drink the wine or if the bride is supposed to drink the wine. Can't have bride and groom drinking the same wine now.
    “Rose, before I go, I just want to tell you: you were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And you know what? So was I.”
  • I agree that most of the pinterest stuff has got to go! Especially the burlap and lace. Never understood that trend. They really don't go well together.  Wanted to do something themed since I like unique things and I have been to a lot of weddings and see the same stuff over and over again. It's a woodland theme because my man and I love being in the woods, camping, hiking, etc. and it's  a lot cheaper for me than doing the whole traditional flower decor. Also, I ALWAYS hated the dragging the groom to the alter thing. I never understood that. Why have a symbol of something like that at your wedding?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards