Snarky Brides
Options

Morning

Hello everyone.

The guy that I often want to throat punch in the office came in wearing chaps today....
does he ride a motorcycle... yes
does he need to wear them all day and point them out to everyone... no.

god help me it's only wednesday..
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary

Re: Morning

• Options
    Oops! Bringing my post over here!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I slept like crap last night. No more knotting before bed, I just could not get my brain to shut off! I haven't adjusted to going to bed an hour earlier yet. It probably also didn't help that we found out last night that FI needs to be away for work for the next 3 weeks or more. At least it's only a 2 hour train ride away, so he can come home 1-2x a week. It will still be an adjustment for us, we're both big homebodies!

• Options
    Chaps in an office? NO WAY?!?!! I'm wondering where HR is at this point. Most workplaces have an acceptible dress poilcy for work, and unless you're into S&M, chaps are probably frowned upon in the workplace ...

Drama festival begins tonight! We perform on Friday, but the shows for the other competitors begin tonight, and workshops for the kids begin tomorrow. I don't get time off to go with my kids - the other drama teacher (or drama mama, as our kids call us) booked the time already and there isn't any allocated for me. Oh well, I still get to go to the dress rehearsal on Friday morning, so that's good.

Sorry about the travel and FI, angel. I'm a total homebody too, so I can relate. Even spending the night at the cabin bothers me, since it's not 'home.' I hate living out of a suitcase, even though I love to travel. Does that make sense? Probably not.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lol well they are with his jeans but he is that person that needs to stand there and put one leg up like he is doing the capitain morgan pose.
    just in case someone didn't notice he was wearing chaps...

awe I am sorry about your FI Angel.
    I would have to agree I hate not being home.

• Options
    Good luck with the festival Jenny! I agree that chaps are ridiculous, and totally unnecessary unless you're planning to spend hours and hours on your bike. I can't handle people like that. Trying way too hard to be cool... My people tolerance is very low this week too, apple. My original post was titled "it's only Wednesday...."

• Options
    That is what I wanted to put... but we only like to tell eachother the days of the week? I don't remember how it was said so I thought morning would be easier.

oh this guys is terrible at that.
    he also thought I might need to know how cold his hands were...
    I do not care.
    nor do I want you to touch my face at all.

lol end rant.
  • Options
    Ewwww, no touching! Did you look horrified? Hopefully that will prevent such occurrences in the future.

• Options
    tlc35tlc35 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Morning everyone! Good luck with the festival Jenny. I am sending the response to the inspection requests today so if the buyers accept that it will be a done deal. Today is my Mom's birthday so I need to call her this morning!
  • Options
    Morning!

The puppy was barking again late last night, so H snuck around to check on her. She is on a super short chain, but can reach her food, water, and doghouse. She stopped when he went over there, so I'm thinking she just wanted some attention and has a very strange bark. 

I was going to make chili for dinner, but H does the dishes and forgot the crockpot. I'm deciding if it's worth the extra effort, or if we'll have pasta tonight. 

Apple, I have impressively cold appendages. H calls my feet toecicles. But I don't stick them to people, that's weird. Except H, he is delightfully warm. 
  • Options
    rel1988rel1988 member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2013
    "It's only Wednesday" sounds like a good title to me Angel! Sorry about your chaps situation Apple, but you did provide some amusing visuals this morning!! And it could be worse...chaps on a Monday.

Sorry about your FI being gone Angel...hopefully the 3 weeks go fast and it isn't any longer than that! I am ready for the weekend.

There are only 2 of us here at work and we are supposed to work 7am-5pm. It is after 9am and co-worker still isn't here and has been 2 to 3 hours late every day this week! This is why I get frustrated!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lol it could be chaps on a Monday.
    yes I feel like I always make the most horrified faces at him.
    it doesn't work.
     I did put my hand up and say "umm.. no."
    that seemed to work.

I am glad the puppy is ok!

ooh.. I would be way frustrated if they were 2-3 hours late every day! I hate being late..
  • Options
    rel1988rel1988 member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2013
    I'm going to pretend there is a man posing like captain morgan wearing chaps every time I get frustrated today...maybe that will help!

I don't know what to do. This is partly why I hate my job...I feel like I get walked over all the time. This happens constantly...I am the one working 10 hr days and he ends up working 8, even though he is supposed to be working 10 also. Technically he is above me--store manager--and there are just 2 of us here, like I said. Part of me wants to tell our District Manager because I know he would be in trouble for doing this and it would stop...but I also like him as a person and don't want him to get in trouble. Also if I did say something there's always the chance things could go to hell for me here for saying something...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Next time yell "personal space!!" with your hands up, or "I'm uncomfortable in my workplace!" Maybe that second one is only funny in Canada, we tend to joke about things like sexual harassment, whereas it's very serious in the US..... I got myself into hot water with that once while working for an American company, oops! I tried to explain the cultural differences, it was a little tricky!

• Options
    Bunni, I really think the crockpot is my least favorite dish to wash in the world. It's right up there with the Dutch oven and cookie sheets. But I refuse to buy those crockpot liners, it seems a little ridiculous to me.

• Options
    lol it sounds way funnier to think about captain morgan in chaps than to see this dude in real life.. I am so sorry about that.. that isn't a fun situation..

lol yea I think I might be in trouble for that one. this company is pretty strict. I keep telling myself only 2 more weeks of him and that is it! He is a Dill Hole...
  • Options
    Morning!

It seems like I missed some drama this week. I'll have to find some time to go back and read everything. Or is not worth reading the 100+ responses in that one thread, and someone wants to enlighten me about what happened? 

Jenni - good luck with drama festival! It sounds like a lot of fun and it's always nice to see everyones hard work pay off. 

Angel - sorry about FI's work/travel requirements :( 

I also hate washing our crockpot! Though I think my least favorite is washing our dutch oven because it's even bigger and heavier. My back always hurts so much after washing heavy dishes. 

I made THIS Chicken and Lime Soup last night for dinner. It was refreshing and light while still satisfying you with that warm soup feeling that you want on a rainy day. I changed the recipe to add a can of black beans, a green pepper, a poblano pepper, upped the cumin, and left out the celery because ours went bad when I thought it was still good. It turned out delicious and I'm really looking forward to eating it again tonight. 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I think the Gifs make those posts worth it :)
  • Options
    It's worth it! It got pretty funny! I was feeling a little attacked for a bit, but a bunch of ladies jumped to my defense and then we spammed it with funny gifs. Don't miss the other one from yesterday on CC, "why are people here so mean?". You've missed a funny couple of days! I also pulled an Edie and turned it around to get people to introduce themselves and said welcome! So hopefully we'll have some new blood around here. Not that I don't love you regular ladies,but we need some more action!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-125?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:697e6875-c780-431f-8f74-a632aff44e77Post:9ecf7a6c-8fbd-4009-8622-2b7701c31f7c">Re: Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think the Gifs make those posts worth it :)
    Posted by applejambutter[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh I'll definitely give it a read then! </div>
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    we do it has been so quiet lately. until that of course.
    I looove your gifs angel!

I looked at the CC one this morning and it made my day.
    the mean girls ones are my favorite!
  • Options
    I forgot how many awesome clips there were from that movie, until I started looking for gifs! I hate being at work on my iPad, cause I can't do gifs!

• Options
    Sierra524Sierra524 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2013
    Angel...the crockpot liners are amazing!! With that being said, Bunni, I think you should def make the chili. Its cold here in NW PA & chili would be amazing.
    Apple...you should try really hard to sneak a pic of him and his chaps. I would LOVE to see that.
    Buzz..that soup looks awesome. It would be good for a summer time soup.
    I made grilled chicken topped with bacon and cheddar cheese last night. It was amazing. I grilled the chicken in the same pan as the bacon, so it had tons of flavor. The only extra seasoning I put on the chicken was salt and pepper. It was seriously so good, super quick and easy!

Im about to head up to the mall with my best friend. We have to go get my MOH dress from DB because it needs picked up, and she is out of town. Then we have to go into the mall to tuxedo junction. I got an email from them yesterday with a really good deal but I had to put the deposit down. So, my mom called up there yesterday to put a $20 deposit down and now we got these awesome prices for the wedding. Its 50% off all tuxes, free vest and shoes, and free grooms tux, and since we have so many ppl that need tuxes, the RB tux will be free too. It was a really great deal so I didnt wanna miss out on it. Anyway, I am going to go up there to pick out what I like & then when the guys go up, they can pick out what they like from that. Im going to give them lots of choices.

One more thing...a few ppl who live in my area and are getting married this year are selling 50/50 tickets "in honor of their wedding" and the "winner will be announced at the reception. Need not to be present to win". I guess they are selling these tickets for $1, and keep half of whatever they make from them. After being here on TK, I believe that no guest should open their wallet at your wedding. If this is the case, why are so many girls doing this? I want to comment on their pics of the tickets and say something, but it doesnt directly affect me so I dont. Ugh.

Alright, Ill be back later to let you know what I picked out from TJ.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My gifs never work when I post them. or they are too small to even read.
    only on my sig.
    and I haven't used one on there for a while.

I tried it once when someone was saying someone was obcessed with them for posting one of their threads.
    I wanted to put regina george saying "why are you so obcessed with me.."
    i was sad the rest of the day it didn't work...
  • Options
    lol I will try!
    he moves quick!!

My cousin is getting married a month before me and half of me is excited to go and half of me is dreading it.
    she wants to do all these things that make me want to cringe. I tried to direct her here but since we don't really get along she would have no part in it..
    but stuff like that really rub me the wrong way. she hasn't had anything like that... yet.
    but keeps telling everyone on facebook " DON'T FORGET she is registered at [blank] place"

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-125?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:697e6875-c780-431f-8f74-a632aff44e77Post:40683c48-7673-4120-885d-a3af2cb0b6c5">Re: Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]One more thing...a few ppl who live in my area and are getting married this year are selling 50/50 tickets "in honor of their wedding" and the "winner will be announced at the reception. Need not to be present to win". I guess they are selling these tickets for $1, and keep half of whatever they make from them. After being here on TK, I believe that no guest should open their wallet at your wedding. If this is the case, why are so many girls doing this? I want to comment on their pics of the tickets and say something, but it doesnt directly affect me so I dont. Ugh. Alright, Ill be back later to let you know what I picked out from TJ.
    Posted by Sierra524[/QUOTE]

<div>Wow. Serious cringe. Maybe just send them a link to etiquette board. </div>

• Options
    I just right click, copy and then paste it in the text box, it works every time!

• Options
    tlc35tlc35 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Angel, that would be so awesome to have a pic! Ugh and announcing your registries on FB. So tacky!
  • Options
    my life is now complete.

I know, I think its the constant reminder once a day that we BETTER NOT FORGET..
    I want to punch her.
  • Options
    Love it!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards